Deleted

Issues with AOE (on frost)

First of all it becomes adamantly clear that Icy Veins is wrong. Why would I take Cone of Cold's glyph and use cone of cold when I could use Splitting Ice in its place that is multiple times more important in most cases, and, it's often hard to impossible to be at melee range on boss?

Then I feel something is missing in what I'm doing. I basically burn my cooldowns and minicooldowns on ads, then I start doing Blizzard. When I do get a Frozen Orb again, I use it and repeat. I'm not sure how many ads should be there for Ice Lance to be a benefit(glyphed).

Then again, I might again resort to Simcraft. Most websites that don't back their claims with simulations tend to be crap.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-08-14 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    I often find Sims to be crap because way too many players use it as an absolute proof when in reality it's only a guide line that looks good on paper.
    And honestly you could have asked this question on the frost guide thread.
    I'm afraid I can't give you an answer since I stopped using simcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go read alteredTime. I believe it's something around of : orb, throw icebomb, il till no more, blizzard if over 8(?) targets, otherwise normal rotation, repeat with icebomb and water jet. But aoe as frost is not very good, and PoF will do that good enough for you. Don't bother, single target and cleave is enough

Deleted
    Problem with simcraft is it takes Blizzard at 4+ targets which is a dmglos. (simcraft calculates higher dmg with 3 targets, then with 4)
    If u really have permament AE with 6+ mobs you are right. FBomb->FO->IL till never (Pray for MoD on Maintarget) then Blizzard till FO resets and then start over.
    Speaking about raiding: There is nearly no encounter where this is good. Other classes (right: other specs because for ae go fire) are doing far better AE far easier without sacrificing so much. Frost is 2-3 target cleave and thats it. But more is not needed in HFC.

UM and TV with a possible PoF if you fancy your RNG...
    With class trinket store up a couple of FFB where possible before add pack then FB>IL>FFB>FFB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    UM and TV with a possible PoF if you fancy your RNG...
    With class trinket store up a couple of FFB where possible before add pack then FB>IL>FFB>FFB
    The question is: How much AE do you want to do? If u want to do AE the whole fight the class trinket is pointless because u dont want to waste time for lanceweaving.