Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Armory Stats - Flying Achievements, August 14 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, HS:TGT Cards

Patch 2.3 Preview - Item and Sets, Area Damage Revisited

The Grand Tournament Final Card Reveal, Card Clarifications, TGT Deckbuilder

Heroes Q&A on August 20th, Lil' Stitches Plush, Town Hall Heroes Ep. 75, Ring of Frost Bug

Armory Stats - Flying Achievements
    With flying just weeks away, it is time to see how players are doing on unlocking flight. The sample used today is 2 million players that have logged in since July 1st.

We included the 200 Treasures achievement just for comparison purposes, only 100 is required for Master Treasure Hunter, which is required for Draenor Pathfinder.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Name Points Percent Category
    Expert Treasure Hunter Discover 50 treasures of Draenor (excluding Tanaan Jungle).
    50.88%
    Draenor
    Master Treasure Hunter Discover 100 treasures of Draenor (excluding Tanaan Jungle).
    32.09%
    Draenor
    Grand Treasure Hunter Discover 200 treasures of Draenor (excluding Tanaan Jungle).
    7.28%
    Draenor
    Loremaster of Draenor Complete the Draenor quest achievements listed below.
    49.99%
    Draenor
    Explore Draenor Explore the regions of Draenor.
    30.42%
    Exploration
    Securing Draenor Complete the Draenor bonus objectives listed below.
    22.15%
    Draenor
    Draenor Pathfinder Complete the Draenor achievements listed below:
    2514.72%Draenor

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - August 14
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids and Dungeons
    Hellfire Citadel
    Hellfire High Council
    • Dia Darkwhisper's Darkness now lasts 15 seconds.
    • Dispelling Dia Darkwhisper's Mark of the Necromancer during Nightmare Visage should no longer incorrectly cause Burden of the Necromancer to deal more damage.
    • Dia Darkwhisper will no longer cast Mark of the Necromancer during her final cast of Reap.
    Fel Lord Zakuun
    • Fel Lord Zakuun no longer targets non-players with Wake of Destruction.

PvP
    Ashran
    • Players waiting to be resurrected at the center graveyard will now be teleported to their faction's base if the center graveyard becomes neutral.

Class
    Paladin
    Holy
    • Mastery: Illuminated Healing should now correctly have its damage absorption reduced by Dampening.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    WoW players: I'm quite curious to hear what you would like to see from Class Halls in Legion. What thoughts and fantasies excite you most? (craig_amai)
    First and foremost, I want a believable reason that Warriors, the only class any race in Azeroth can pick up, are forming one.
    Agreed. It was an interesting challenge. I hope you like our take on it. (craig_amai)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    do you think that riot ganes would bring a mmo-rpg out?
    I'm not sure the business model is where it used to be. (OccupyGStreet)
    Would still be awesome to see what riot could do. I think it would be the only mmo which could stand a chance against WoW
    The problem is any new game gets compared to 10-year-old WoW not WoW's launch features. "Where is group finder, transmog and MMR?" (OccupyGStreet)

Im curious, how was the transition from an MMO game development setting to a MOBA one? @OccupyGStreet
    Things like satisfaction, responsiveness and fair competition are pretty universal to any multiplayer game. (OccupyGStreet)
    I have found aspects of League development much more like my roots in RTS development though. (OccupyGStreet)

Dear angry MMOC poster, that probably wasn't me who banned your account seeing as how I was a game designer and not in account management. (OccupyGStreet)
    Haven't you learned that you're behind every bad game decision in every game? You're the reason I can't beat Battletoads.

Crabs in Tanaan Jungle drop teeth. This crab fact travesty would have never happened on Ghostcrawler's watch.#WorldofWarcraft
    But northern hemisphere penguins happened on my watch. (OccupyGStreet)

Why would you want it to be hard? There is no fun in wiping. There is no fun in frustration. I don't get this.
    Easy dungeons just have you AE everything and perhaps not even stick together as a team. (OccupyGStreet)
    Personally I prefer hard dungeons because they encourage me to think, coordinate and use abilities in creative ways (OccupyGStreet)
    I also realize different players find different things fun. (OccupyGStreet)
    Finally, it's easy for dungeons to only be relevant for a thin slice of player progression, which makes me sad. (OccupyGStreet)
    Maybe the new design of having multiple difficulty levels help address that. IDK. I haven't played them. (OccupyGStreet)
    I guess u don't see the issue with that. Get in get the marks move on. Not there to make friends.
    But I want to play the game, not grab marks ASAP then logout after 30 min. (OccupyGStreet)
    It's also fine if you and I want something different. Big games are supposed to have wide appeal. (OccupyGStreet)

In Wrath did you ever play as a disc priest with your name? I remember camping one in a BG and a week later, ret nerfs.
    Heh, no I played warrior and druid for much of LK then switched to Disc for ICC progression. (OccupyGStreet)

Poll - Flying Achievement
    If you are no longer playing, please View Results rather than voting.

Hearthstone - The Grand Tournament Final Cards Revealed
    Blizzard revealed the rest of The Grand Tournament cards today!

Last edited by chaud; 2015-08-15 at 06:17 AM.

So now they are hyping up flight?

The only thing flying will do is kill rares in Tanaan faster and let less people tag them.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I'm gonna laugh so hard when Flying is added, then all those people crying for flight will realize there's nothing to do with said flight because WoD end-game is a joke

Surprised at the low 'Draenor Pathfinder' percentage, I'm on a few Order of the Awakened dailies away but I thought more people had it. The biggest benefit I see is people being able to level alts a lot faster by flying from one treasure to the next and the bonus objectives

Quote Originally Posted by icemo View Post
    Surprised at the low 'Draenor Pathfinder' percentage, I'm on a few Order of the Awakened dailies away but I thought more people had it. The biggest benefit I see is people being able to level alts a lot faster by flying from one treasure to the next and the bonus objectives
    For myself, I don't have any more alts to level, I don't touch the shitty apexis grinds and I have all the ore and herbs in my garrison. Flight for me is pointless. I haven't even done any of the shipyard either.

I only leave my garrison to collect some level 3 wolves and kill kazzak both easily done with flight paths. I also do ulduar for the mount. Despite this I have still made 1.2 million gold this expansion.

So for me grinding flight is a waste of time and effort, and it seems a few others may agree.

Got Pathfinder weeks ago, with the delays starting to wonder why I bothered. By the time it's released it'll be useless for anything apart from the remaining treasures and Archaeology, which has SUCH great rewards.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no point in unlocking flight at the end of expansion. No matter how pro-flying you are. But Blizzard will (and I believe already have) draw the wrong conclusion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Tanaan Diplomat was the only one of the Draenor Pathfinder achievements I didn't already have when they made it available, and it only took three weeks or so on my main to reach Exalted with the three factions I needed rep with. I'm not currently subscribed because I've got no reason to logon. When I can finally fly I'll probably spend time leveling the half dozen 90+ alts I've got that I can't bring myself to quest to 100 because I hate being grounded.

Deleted
    They hyped flying so people would feel forced to go to Tanaan Jungle to get the Tanaan Diplomat achievement.

Why are blizzard bothering to ask about what players want to see from guild halls? They've clearly already decided most of it and our opinions mean shit compared to their ego (as evidenced by the Rogue situation).

Even the answer to the follow-up question about the Warrior hall "It was an interesting challenge. I hope you like our take on it." It's already decided and done as far as they're concerned, just like with Garrisons, our 'feedback' means shit all.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    It's just MMO-Champion hyping it up, there's nothing from Blizzard or anything about it. "With flying coming soon, it is time to see how players are doing on unlocking flight." Still a little pointless to do this stuff now IMO though as we're stuck waiting f-knows how long for the testing of a pre-order patch... Even then, we know Legion will be out soon(kinda) which won't have flight until later in the expansion again. Is anyone who really cares about flying still playing?
    Last edited by Sabrescene; 2015-08-15 at 07:45 AM.

I unlocked flying because I love the IMMERSION it gives me and because I am actively playing. Being able to fly in draenor means I will now also bother with tanaan rates, getting all treasures, do pet battle dailies, finish archaeology, finish fishing and fully explore the way I enjoy exploring rather than having to traverse badly planned routes to stroke the epeen of the devs. The actual spires in spires of arak, here I come!

How come the Diplomat achievement isn't showing in the stats?

Deleted
    I ended up doing it all for the mount, don't give a shit about flying, but I AM a mount whore however, so even though it's an ugly skin, it's a rylak and it's amazing for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post

The only thing flying will do is kill rares in Tanaan faster and let less people tag them.
    And that will ruin your experience how? Does it matter if people can fly to them? They die before you can get to them on a ground mount anyways, if anything it will give you the opportunity to get to the thing before it dies as the more people who tag it the higher its life is and a ground mount wont get there in time because of the terrain slowing you down. Its a dumb argument to make, half a dozen in one hand and 6 in the other.

Deleted
    People complain when they can't fly and people complain when Blizz finally fulfill their wishes but not as Santa but in a more game-wise way so that they need to play a little to be able to fly. You cannot be happy and whatever Blizzard do it will always be wrong. Same with expansion - so much complaining and everyone knows better what would fix this game. I bet that as soon as Blizz would listen to Your specific wishes then you would be unhappy anway and complain like "yea now they do that, no they do it wrong anway" etc. Legion is already an answer to many people wishes (demon hunter hero class, Azshara back etc) with Blizz twist on it (as its them making game not wow fans) and yet all we hear its complain, not many people who say "ah its exactly what I asked for". I am 100% sure that many of unhappy are those who earlier requested some expansion with Azshara, or demon hunter or fighting legion again.

When it comes to flying it is totally unnecesarry in WoD. In Vanilla people didnt have flying and they did not complain then. There are many people who glorify Vanilla but as soon as they got xpac where they can't fly then they aren't happy even though they got same thing as in Vanilla. I don't mind flying in WoD but it won't change my decision if to subscribe one month longer or not. I doubt it will change anyone elses or just in minor extent so they do their flying achievement and then notice that flying is just a tool and not goal in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    People complain when they can't fly and people complain when Blizz finally fulfill their wishes but not as Santa but in a more game-wise way so that they need to play a little to be able to fly.
    I didn't complain about being made to wait until reaching max level in TBC, WotLK, or MoP. Blizzard hasn't "fulfilled" anything this expansion in regards to flying. It's safe to assume the majority of players expected flying. They told us it was coming, then changed their mind, then changed their mind again after the backlash. Now we're at the end of another expansion waiting on a patch to enable something we should have had months ago. The only thing about the current requirements keeping anyone from having flying months ago was reputation with factions we couldn't access. This was merely a carrot on a stick to keep people subscribed.
    In Vanilla people didnt have flying and they did not complain then.
    You never miss what you never had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    lol I'm gonna laugh so hard when Flying is added, then all those people crying for flight will realize there's nothing to do with said flight because WoD end-game is a joke
    There will be nothing to do with flying, because by the time they actually add it we will be on Azeroth repelling a Legion invasion in the prepatch

The best part is why they took flying out in the first place. It was supposedly so players can be more immersed in the world, yet very few actually bother to go out in the world anyways lol.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla people didnt have flying and they did not complain then.
    I just have to quote Mark Forer on this:
    "Nonsense. You can't miss what you never had. Do you wake up at night yearning helplessly for photoreceptors in your fingertips?"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I'm in no hurry to get the achievement because they keep delaying the patch. I'm very casual (e.g. I accidentally stumble into Tanaan once or twice a week at most), and I just need one more day of Order of the Awakened, the Saberstalker grind (so many groups up on group finder anyway, shouldn't be too hard to get it when I decide on doing it) and the Mok'gol Watchpost daily that seemingly never pops up on the days I play (too much of a cheapskate to spend garrison resources on the scouting missive or whatever). EDIT: oh hey, it's up today !