Disc Priest atonement healing, multistrike

Atonement
    Requires Priest (Discipline)
    Requires level 38
    When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, Penance, Power Word: Solace, or their multistrikes, you instantly heal a nearby injured friendly target for 100% of the damage dealt.

If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced by 50%.

With the stat levels we are able to reach in 6.2 what if we stack a truck ton of multistrike? Would it make atonement healing workout better. Has anyone tried this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not at all. Atonement does such a pitiful amount of healing that no amount of multistrike or any other stat will make it more favorable than our current playstyle.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    The only spell worth using for atonement is Penance asuming you have 6 stacks of t18 2p. The atonement without multistrike is higher hps there then the hps of spamming PW:S.

So in theory you could actually improve your HPS through stacking up multistrike - but then again - Mastery does that job better + fits into the role of PW:S spamming and AA Into PoH preshields
    Mastery simply makes the entire kit stronger while multi would only make Penance stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawy View Post
    Mastery simply makes the entire kit stronger while multi would only make Penance stronger.
    Multistrike makes all your spells stronger, what are you on about? Mastery merely does it to a bigger extent, that's why we prioritize the latter over the former.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I remember when I did a bunch of calculations for atonement healing in the WoD beta, attempting to highlight just how far short they were falling of their intended goals for atonement (Remember celestalon saying 'switch to atonement to deal 40% of a damage dealer's dps at a cost of 40% of your usual hps for the duration', lol good joke that). At the time atonement could double dip in versatility (long since been fixed now), so I played around with different levels of versatility on the spreadsheets we were using and found it would take some stupid level of versatility (nearly 100% I seem to remember) for it to become stronger than any direct healing rotation. And of course, given the shit scaling of versatility you'd still get more hps from direct healing if you put the same amount of stats into anything else. And that was when it double dipped.

So to put it another way, until they change the spellpower coefficients or healing multiplier of atonement spells, there is no possible combination of stats where Atonement healing can possibly compete with direct healing such as pws spam. Shit you'll get better hps spamming holy nova than atonement, and with 3+ (I think, maybe it was 2 lol) targets it will even out dps it too.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    -snip-
    It's a bit late and probably not the focal point of the design in T18, but you can indeed trade off some healing for a good amount of damage this tier(20-40% dps at the expense of very little output).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    So to put it another way, until they change the spellpower coefficients or healing multiplier of atonement spells, there is no possible combination of stats where Atonement healing can possibly compete with direct healing such as pws spam. Shit you'll get better hps spamming holy nova than atonement, and with 3+ (I think, maybe it was 2 lol) targets it will even out dps it too.
    This is really only true if you are talking about Smite and Holy Fire and ignoring the strength of 2pc T18 penance, which would account for the large majority of your atonement healing now.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future