Question Question: Setup of the Month processor suggestion (Dolphin)

Hello.

I have a question about your processor suggestion listed in this month's Setup of the Month (AMD FX 8320).

Actually, I was wondering if it was possible to swap that out with an AMD FX 8350 (it's only about 30 bucks more on Amazon). As far as I can tell, they are the same wattage and should fit in the same motherboard you suggested.

Is this an OK swap, or am I missing something vital?

Thank you in advance.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    he suggested the 8320 because you are paying $30 for AMD to increase the clock speed on otherwise identical processors that are unlocked(aka you can boost it and save $30) i must say im curious as to why he suggested that for a gaming build though, but to each his own.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    he suggested the 8320 because you are paying $30 for AMD to increase the clock speed on otherwise identical processors that are unlocked(aka you can boost it and save $30) i must say im curious as to why he suggested that for a gaming build though, but to each his own.
    Because it doesn't really matter for most games.
    And it's cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an 8350 and started doing LFR and haven't payed attention to the FPS. Most of everything is on Ultra extra I'm using MSAA2X because SMAA cuts my FPS in half, but that's graphics card related. I just hit 100 five days ago so I'll report my FPS. Otherwise no noticeable frame rate issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I knew where my screenshots went but in LFR during a fight I'm getting 30 fps with ultra settings but using MSAA2X.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Wish I knew where my screenshots went but in LFR during a fight I'm getting 30 fps with ultra settings but using MSAA2X.
    Should be in the screenshot folder in your wow directory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Should be in the screenshot folder in your wow directory
    That's where I looked but it doesn't appear there. I have screenshots from 2006 sitting in there so I'll have to remove them and try again to see what's going on. God knows I'll be doing a lot more LFR this week too. /wrist