Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    On the final one I lay on my horn for about 7-8 seconds because this guy keeps staying at the light/stop sign for at least 4 seconds.
    That's an incredibly long time to lay on the horn at someone. If you count 8 seconds in your head you'll know what I mean.

The guy shouldn't have followed you -- that's stupid and you were smart for going to the police station. But c'mon -- honking at him at 6 lights with the final one being a long ass blast? You were no angel in this story. Either realize he's just the type of driver who doesn't move right away or pass him, or find another route home. Don't be a dick with your horn.

EDIT -- I also have to assume this is an overly nice version of events from your perspective. I have to assume the honking was more aggressive and probably less warranted than you are suggesting.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2015-08-19 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the horn at every light was not the right response on your side.

But as for me, if I knew he was tailgating me like that, I would have sped up, another 10 mph, before full on stopping in mid lane. if he was tailgating as you say he was, he would have rear ended me at that point. Making him cause a collision, and then would have sued him. If He had gotten out of his minivan all angry, well, I do have my own gun.

Basics of traffic law, always keep 1 car in between you and the next car, otherwise you are following to close, and if the car in front of you needs to stop, and you hit them, its your fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    But as for me, if I knew he was tailgating me like that, I would have sped up, another 10 mph, before full on stopping in mid lane. if he was tailgating as you say he was, he would have rear ended me at that point. Making him cause a collision, and then would have sued him. If He had gotten out of his minivan all angry, well, I do have my own gun.

Basics of traffic law, always keep 1 car in between you and the next car, otherwise you are following to close, and if the car in front of you needs to stop, and you hit them, its your fault.
    There are instances where this doesn't apply -- knowingly causing an accident for one. If you hit your brakes too hard and get rear ended it's not necessarily the other guy's fault. Does depend a bit on the state.

But really -- you have basically stated that you'd knowingly cause an accident with a guy who is already possibly not quite right in the head and then if he is mad go for your gun. Are you really that eager for a confrontation where you might have to use deadly force?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    uh huh, sounds like you drove behind a guy and didn't bother to pass him. and honked at him at every light, THEN you lay it on for a final time, and he is, justafiably, pissed. yea you brought that on your self. becasue if the guy was 1-2 seconds behind on moving at each light but you still beep at him, yea I'd be pissed as well.
    There is nothing justified about it. If the story happened exactly as the OP stated then the guy is an asshat and got what he deserved. If the text is that important then pull over and finish it.

There are way to many idiots on the road and honking your horn at them is about the nicest way to say "Hey Dumas! MOVE!"

And to the poster whose a big guy and hopped outta his car, that's a pretty good way to get killed.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Get a dash cam from Amazon, best purchase I ever made.

Deleted
    How do you blow your horn while driving?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with what they did but it sounds like you're an impatient driver and honked when he didn't immediately go on green. I too love to fuck with drivers like that. I'd never follow them but sorry if I didn't floor it soon as the light turned green. 4 seconds is literally nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Oh god I hope that guy would somehow read this. He got you so well. A+ for classy scaring the shit out of annoying honker.
    When the light turns green go, if you don't you get honked at. One who doesn't go is the annoying one here.

Get that straight. If you can't drive stay off the fucking road. Don't have a right to impede and then threaten other drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    There is nothing justified about it. If the story happened exactly as the OP stated then the guy is an asshat and got what he deserved. If the text is that important then pull over and finish it.
    that may have happened at the first two instances sure, but honking at the guy 3-4 more times is absurd. get the fuck around him or take a different route, or really be a bit more patient. like really? 4 seconds at each light is SUCH an eternity.
    There are way to many idiots on the road and honking your horn at them is about the nicest way to say "Hey Dumas! MOVE!"
    yea, and honking at people, at least where I live, is liable to get them pissed off at you. it comes with engaging with people in cars, road rage and all that.

And to the poster whose a big guy and hopped outta his car, that's a pretty good way to get killed.
    /eyeroll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    And you are any tougher lol. I had this happen. Called the cops. Cops pulled over car. Asked me if I wanted to press charges for his insanity. I said no just keep him here for 5 minutes while I go home with my kids in the car without his stupid ass following me. And honking at someone who consistently at every fucking light takes 30 extra seconds to get moving isn't a crime dick.
    yea excpet the OP stated 4 seconds at each light. literally the amount of time it takes most people to get going at a light. and really at some point you go "ok, not dealing with you anymore" and you speed past them or take a different route.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2015-08-19 at 07:05 PM.

You did the right thing IMO. My wife had the same thing happen here in CA, she pulled into a fire station and the guy hauled ass. There are some crazies out there and you never know what they might do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiena View Post
    Get a dash cam from Amazon, best purchase I ever made.
    Good idea.

If anything, you can post videos on youtube of people doing stupid things.

I was heading home one day after work, not a whole lot of traffic but there was someone in the right lane on the highway going about 5 under. No big deal, so I put on my turn signal and get into the left lane...with nobody in front of her, and not using her turn signal, she just starts to swerve into my lane. I honk and she goes back...then gives me the bird. I then go around her and get back into the right lane...now she isn't going 5 under she is tailgating me. A little while later I get to my exit and she follows..and I can see her on her phone taking a video or pictures at the stop light.
    At this point I am basically at my house but instead of turning to the street I just keep going, take side streets back to the highway, this whole time she is following me. I then just took her on a ride around the area going in circles, by the second time I was about to call the cops but we get to a stop sign and she pulls up to go right instead of straight with me and yells "I've got you on video asshole I'm calling the cops" to which I yell back "you've got video of you tailgating and following me?" She yelled a nice expletive at me and pulled out in-front of someone...and they honked their horn.

I should have just called the cops as I didn't know what she was capable of, she was clearly unstable. I still don't know what got her angry, there are no left hand exits on that highway, so I have no idea why she would need to get into the left hand lane with nobody in front of her. Never did hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChud View Post
    You did the right thing IMO. My wife had the same thing happen here in CA, she pulled into a fire station and the guy hauled ass. There are some crazies out there and you never know what they might do.
    That's what I should have done, I passed one like 2 times lol.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2015-08-19 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Using the horn at every light was not the right response on your side.

This is the worst idea ever lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I hate using my horn to get people attention. It's just a load abnouxis sound that instantly make people angry, even if it is justified. What would be funny is if there was some kind of different horn, like a milder one for getting someone attention. I think some car, can't remember the name, has it but it was more annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    America is not the only country that has assholes in it.
    True... but here in Europe we adleast try to be subtle and less obnoxious about it.

Deleted
    well, once i was reversing out from a parking slot..

thing was, 2 cars had parked waaaay to close to my car that i was driving in..
    So i took it veeeeeeeeeery slowly, just in case, since i dont want to scratch up another's car.

then while i was reversing, this dude starts to honk like crazy, but i dident really care..

what i did tho, i drove like i was a complete noob or somthing like that, stalling it and what not.. juuuuuuuuuuust to piss him off on the parking lot, as he couldent pass me xD

What's the deal? getting angry over waiting 5 secs more?.. those who has problems like that, should go to the doctor..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    Because nobody in any country other than America has such an attitude. So sick of ignorant ass, generalizing statements like this.
    Nowhere near as common in Europe as it is in America.

Should have just passed him while he was texting and been done with it.
    Or taken another route.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    True... but here in Europe we adleast try to be subtle and less obnoxious about it.
    Ever driven in Italy?