Scourer of the Eternal Sands

What interests me is if the NPCScan addon still goes off if it is in range.After the change to the caching of the rares there was a message from NPCscan that due to the change we might experience problems.Has anyone hunted for the cammel in wod and how did you find it?

It doesn't. Nameplates work though.

- - - Updated - - -

Found my pic for proof. NPCscan doesn't pick it up but if you turn on friendly nameplates and fly low (and put in all the TomTom points and check out the suggested paths) then it's not hard to miss them.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Same, NPC scan didn't work for me. Although Nameplates work well, and it seems like people are lazy because the competition died way down (way more frequent camel finds.)

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Same, NPC scan didn't work for me. Although Nameplates work well, and it seems like people are lazy because the competition died way down (way more frequent camel finds.)
    It only took me a week to get mine. I would log in once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once before I went to bed and do a fly around and I would 90% of the time fine a camel.
    The competition for Aeonaxx hasn't died down though. I've decided to camp it again after burning out in Cata and MoP and there is still so many people sitting around looking for it. Cross-realm sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    It only took me a week to get mine. I would log in once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once before I went to bed and do a fly around and I would 90% of the time fine a camel.
    The competition for Aeonaxx hasn't died down though. I've decided to camp it again after burning out in Cata and MoP and there is still so many people sitting around looking for it. Cross-realm sucks

I've been going at it for a week now and yet to see 1. Is there any special settings I need to put to see the friendly nameplates? Because I dont see them on everything

I used Options > Interface > Names then ticked down the bottom under 'Unit Nameplates' Friendly Units and ticked all the stuff underneath as well just in case. You can disable enemy nameplates as well so your screen isn't covered by red bars and you can look for the green bars.
    Make sure you get TomTom and get the co-ordinates off the Mysterious Camel Figurine WoWhead page (in the comments). I put them all into macros and clicked them all whenever I was going to do a round. And fly low near the points otherwise you won't be able to see the nameplates. Like almost on the ground low.

I used Options > Interface > Names then ticked down the bottom under 'Unit Nameplates' Friendly Units and ticked all the stuff underneath as well just in case. You can disable enemy nameplates as well so your screen isn't covered by red bars and you can look for the green bars.
    Make sure you get TomTom and get the co-ordinates off the Mysterious Camel Figurine WoWhead page (in the comments). I put them all into macros and clicked them all whenever I was going to do a round. And fly low near the points otherwise you won't be able to see the nameplates. Like almost on the ground low.
    Hmm only thing I can think of then is me having done 0 quests in Uldum due to faction change.. Might be me that is in the wrong phase of the zone?

I don't think phasing affects it. The char I got it on had only done like the Harrison quests in Uldum and still saw the spawns.
    Might be cross-realmed with heaps of realms though. I'm on Oceanic so our zone isn't shared with too many other realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Koxk View Post
    Hmm only thing I can think of then is me having done 0 quests in Uldum due to faction change.. Might be me that is in the wrong phase of the zone?
    You are on the EU realms I assume?Every day when I do my regular laps I see at least 1-2 ppl searching aswell so it isn't very surprising that you haven't seen anything yet.I only found 1(realm switching also) and that happened today.

I don't think phasing affects it. The char I got it on had only done like the Harrison quests in Uldum and still saw the spawns.
    Might be cross-realmed with heaps of realms though. I'm on Oceanic so our zone isn't shared with too many other realms.
    Thanks! Decided to start doing it on a low pop server and found one directly. Atleast now I know that I havent missed one on my main realm and that I can see the HP bar

I could never find one (real or fake). Am I doing something wrong?