Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hello lovely hunters of MMO Champ!

So, Im thinking of changing main in Legion, but I am not one of the pesky DH's to be so my options right now is between Rogue and Hunter. Now I was thinking that maybe some of you here could tell some of the best things about playing Hunter in your own opinion! Last time I really raided on my hunter was WOTLK and I do know you cant forsee what will happen in Legion, but opinions are always nice!

So hit me up MMO champ! Forget everything you dislike and tell about the wonders of hunters <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Currently the ability to solo most anything that you come across is the best perk. Then again it is not limited to hunters anything with a tanking pet has the same advantage. Like group dailies and elite rare spawns I can solo these where most classes need a group. Other than that it's ranged so raiding is usually not as bad and Pvp it is great if you know what you are doing.

Deleted
    Things I love about being a hunter... everything!
    I've never changed main in all my WoW years, I always think "why play anything else when you can play a hunter?".

Firstly I love them for their theme, I've always loved archery and animals, so that was me sold at the character creation screen.
    I love being independent as a hunter to be able to solo pretty much anything, I can pull half of Tanaan and just kite and aoe everything down. I love mobile ranged dps in raids as well, there's no need to compromise performance just to get out of the fire. Doing the 'bitch jobs' in certain fights is actually quite fun too!

Disengage is also one of those little things that also really sells it for me, in 5.4 (I think) it became usable out of combat, you can have lots of fun doing disengage-parkour to get to hard to reach places, dodge falling damage or just get around really fast with the posthaste talent. This was one of my favourite minor hunter changes! Along with my other favourite hunter ability, the glorious Feign Death, which will get you out of many a sticky near death situation, it can also evade boss mechanics or just be really handy when you want to run through a pack of mobs but not fight them at the end.

There are many more reasons why I main this class, the only bad thing is dps queue times and the huntard stigma, but I can live with that!

I'd say go hunter; you'd have the flexibility to play three different ways: melee; ranged with a pet support; ranged nuke without a pet. Rogues are fun though too, so it'll be a tough decision.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly some big changes coming for rogues and hunters, gotta wait and see how it plays out. but being a mobile range is what sells it for me.

Deleted
    Hunters have great mobility, great DPS and an incredibly strong ability for soloing old content right up to MoP stuff as of right now. Lots of fun toys.

Deleted
    Seems Hunter is still one of the most fun classes! I must admit that the whole "ranged dps that can move and dps" is really making me lean towards hunter. Glorious!

Deleted
    The best part in hunters is as isual the Beginning of every expansion after Cataclysm
    In wod you can simply faceroll everything in your path except world bosses with crap gear
    I personally thinking to roll rogue or DH for Legion for 2 reasons
    First no one of our guild want to play DH so i can grab the chance
    Second if my hunter is my Alt instead my rogue or DH will be far more easly to find PuGs because its ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Have in mind that Hunters will now have a melee spec, so you will have even more versatility when playing as one!

- - - Updated - - -

Also... the fact that you don't share your weapons with anyone makes it easier to get the loot you want!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Have in mind that Hunters will now have a melee spec, so you will have even more versatility when playing as one!

- - - Updated - - -

Also... the fact that you don't share your weapons with anyone makes it easier to get the loot you want!
    Yea i consider that too but we are 4 hunters in the roster its abit problematic gearwise
    And if my hunter isnt my main anymore and i look for PuG raiding been a melee will be a minus with all these DHs at beginning

10+ Year Old Account
    it really depends if you want to play melee or ranged. Hunter will have a melee spec, so if you want to do both it should be a good choice (but we can't KNOW since we've not seen the spec at all much less played it. Rogue is, of course, all melee all the time.

I've played both and like hunter but.. I"m not you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohirrims View Post
    Things I love about being a hunter... everything!
    I've never changed main in all my WoW years, I always think "why play anything else when you can play a hunter?".

Firstly I love them for their theme, I've always loved archery and animals, so that was me sold at the character creation screen.
    I love being independent as a hunter to be able to solo pretty much anything, I can pull half of Tanaan and just kite and aoe everything down. I love mobile ranged dps in raids as well, there's no need to compromise performance just to get out of the fire. Doing the 'bitch jobs' in certain fights is actually quite fun too!

Disengage is also one of those little things that also really sells it for me, in 5.4 (I think) it became usable out of combat, you can have lots of fun doing disengage-parkour to get to hard to reach places, dodge falling damage or just get around really fast with the posthaste talent. This was one of my favourite minor hunter changes! Along with my other favourite hunter ability, the glorious Feign Death, which will get you out of many a sticky near death situation, it can also evade boss mechanics or just be really handy when you want to run through a pack of mobs but not fight them at the end.

There are many more reasons why I main this class, the only bad thing is dps queue times and the huntard stigma, but I can live with that!
    Pretty much alll this, never even tried another class in nearly 4 years. Lack of self heals in PvP gets you though we/I still destroy... But don't come hunter, there's soo many of us this expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Strength in solo content... Basically a melee type class that isn't melee... Cool pets/Challenge tames (although most are not so challenging anymore )... Disengage is fun to use to fly around your faction city... I could go on for hours....

I've raided as mage, boomie, lock and now as a hunter. Advantages: movement won't hinder you too much, you will won't be fucked by mechanics and considering the rotation is kinda simple you can get it on muscle memory real easy. Other things I like: deterrance - an op survivability cd and has lots of place in raid mechanics, disengage and glyphed aspect of the cheetta (you have 150% movement speed without being dazed when hit) and fein death when raid is about to wipe . As disadvantages you could say that the isn't much to the rotation it self, you need to be decent at managing your focus and anticipate things but not a real challenge if ur looking for one. Honestly, I've been real happy I rerolled and I plan on sticking with it for the next expac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    So, Im thinking of changing main in Legion, but I am not one of the pesky DH's to be so my options right now is between Rogue and Hunter. Now I was thinking that maybe some of you here could tell some of the best things about playing Hunter in your own opinion! Last time I really raided on my hunter was WOTLK and I do know you cant forsee what will happen in Legion, but opinions are always nice!

So hit me up MMO champ! Forget everything you dislike and tell about the wonders of hunters <3
    here are a few reasons i love my hunter
    1. Fantasy, who does not want a animal pet and Shoot/cleave faces in with him
    2. Kitting, you can easily Kite and Level as a hunter
    3. Gearing, Only shamans can use mail so you dont really have to compete with them
    4. Skill, Hunters have no skill and we faceroll anything
    5. Movement, You are not limited by movement for most of your spells and thats awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Pretty much alll this, never even tried another class in nearly 4 years. Lack of self heals in PvP gets you though we/I still destroy... But don't come hunter, there's soo many of us this expansion
    Hunters will lose some because Survival is going melee (i think its a good change but a lot of people wont like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Hunters will lose some because Survival is going melee (i think its a good change but a lot of people wont like it)
    Well it's not like SV offered something special over BM or MM.

BM had better AoE and burst, MM had better cleave and burst. Most of all SV's burst is tied to LnL, which is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get this; you're a ranged dps, and when you get silenced all that happens is that you can't throw your traps xD
    In all seriousness hunter is like an all round king, you have mad survivability and mechanic negation with det and feign death, you can do 99% of your rotation on the move, Eagle vision is probably one of my most favorite spells farming mounts, in world pvp camouflage/eagle vision/and traps make it amazingly fun, you have a tonne of cc and your pet can solo so many things with just a few talent and glyph changes.

I used to main a pally in wrath and cata, hunter was pretty much my love child I went on to top dps in raids or to just blow people up in bgs, but the funnest part about the hunter was the fact that being in the world (pve or pvp) you could do so many things other classes couldnt. I would have mained a warlock in MoP but the fact that I couldnt fall from any distance i wanted to and just disengage before i landed or stealth past things I didnt want to kill annoyed the hell out of me haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Well it's not like SV offered something special over BM or MM.

BM had better AoE and burst, MM had better cleave and burst. Most of all SV's burst is tied to LnL, which is RNG.
    Survival was my favourite spec whilst it was 'viable' because I liked seeing an even spread of dmg over a lot of different moves (before all of it got dumped into ExpS). I also loved dotting things, it was cool to see something melt rather than get chunked, but it was also good for farming when they took arcane shot away from MM. Everything is pretty expensive in MM now and farming with BM led to the possibility of your pet insta killing something and not dropping loot. But in the end I would love to play a melee without needing to gear another toon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    4. Skill, Hunters have no skill and we faceroll anything
    This makes me sad I wish I could dispute it but the only decent skill level for us is doing extra things in raid so the rest of the dps don't have to worry as much

The only real problem with being a Hunter is that there are far too many of us now. I am hoping we get a drop in numbers via DH rerolls and SV melee haters in Legion.

what i love the most is actually the hunter taming challenges, being able to collect rare pets and solo defficult raid content. (although blood dk's are probably the best class/spec in most cases).

however, i dislike the fact that hunters (and shamans), have some of the worst transmog gear to choose from. it's hard to find anything that looks slightly decent at best.

I have mained a hunter since Vanilla. Even when guilds forced me to play my druid (usually resto) in some of the earlier raids through Vanilla and BC, I have always felt my main was my hunter, and I would always find a way to get my hunter into raids over the course of the tiers. Here are the pros and cons, imo.

----------------

Traditional pros:
    1.) Very little movement penalties for dps. Unique niche in ranged dps.
    2.) Deterrence and disengage. They really are unique and powerful in raids.
    3.) Easy to play well. Room for mastering the specs, though. For a raid leader, this is very useful for progression while watching everyone in the raid.
    4.) Can solo almost anything, especially with the BM Adaptation talent and the ability to have a beast of a tank pet. No other class really has this kind of synergy with pets and the ability to micromanage the pet via KC instant snap/blink. I have a warlock and the warlock pets are nowhere near as survivable, manageable or useful.
    5.) Well supported theorycrafting community that helps make hunter one of the most well researched dps classes out there.

Traditional cons:
    1.) The most popular class. May be harder to find raid spots.

----------------

Recent pros
    1.) We now have the ability to play without a pet and not have a real performance hit (LW talent)
    2.) In next expansion, we will have a melee spec which is going to diversify play options even more for hunters.

Future cons
    1.) Expect the number of hunters to increase, which will put even more pressure on available raid spots for hunters. Too much supply.