Deleted

Moving to the USA, looking for a PC-builder website.

Hey,

I'm moving to the US later this year and I'm looking for a website that will build a PC with the parts I choose. (I won't have time to build it on my own like I usually do). We have that kind of service in France so I suppose it exists in the US. I haven't been able to find one, though.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nialiha View Post
    Hey,

I'm moving to the US later this year and I'm looking for a website that will build a PC with the parts I choose. (I won't have time to build it on my own like I usually do). We have that kind of service in France so I suppose it exists in the US. I haven't been able to find one, though.

Thanks
    You can save some money if you build it on your own. I just built a rig two days ago and it took all of 2.5 hours. But here are a few sites that I have heard of, but I have never used:

https://www.originpc.com/
    http://www.xoticpc.com/
    http://www.ibuypower.com/

I am sure you can find loads more through the power of Google - but really you have the time to build a rig!
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    You can save some money if you build it on your own. I just built a rig two days ago and it took all of 2.5 hours. But here are a few sites that I have heard of, but I have never used:

https://www.originpc.com/
    http://www.xoticpc.com/

I am sure you can find loads more through the power of Google - but really you have the time to build a rig!
    I think he's trying to get at that he won't have time to build it himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCIX I believe has a service for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarymarc View Post
    They don't build systems for you.

OP was quite clear he doesn't have the time to build a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious View Post
    They don't build systems for you.

OP was quite clear he doesn't have the time to build a system.
    if you have time to use it you have time to build it, it's not like building a house time wise, but anyhow, his money his choice

Ibuypower and cyberpower offer what you are looking for.

Have you gained permanent residency in the US or a work visa? I'm just curious by reading your post.

Dont buy from ibuypower/xotic/origin/cyberpower ETC. Choose your part at NCIX.com and pay the 50$ to get it assembled and shipped.
    If you need help to choose your part, tell us what's your budget, what games you play, at what resolution, if you need peripheral, OS Etc
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-08-20 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Dont buy from ibuypower/xotic/origin/cyberpower ETC. Choose your part at NCIX.com and pay the 50$ to get it assembled and shipped.
    If you need help to choose your part, tell us what's your budget, what games you play, at what resolution, if you need peripheral, OS Etc
    DO they ship to the untied states? sounds interesting to me since I am lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    DO they ship to the untied states? sounds interesting to me since I am lazy.
    http://www.ncixus.com/
    Same company, just the US based one.

Deleted
    Hey,

Thank you all for your answers !

EDIT : Grr, can't post any link with a new account (I never really posted in here, just read), I'll just put the name of the components.. (I might be able to send the link with a PM if someone is interested.)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    I'll try to show you everything. Note that most of my choices are based on the setup of the month.
    For my usage : 1920*1080, two screens, trying to have everything run on ultra. (I'm planning to keep the computer for at least 5 years without changing parts.)
    WoW / League of Legends mostly.
    I think i'll try windows 10.

The "classic" parts :

Case : Cooler Master HAF 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound ($54)

Power supply : XFX 750W PRO750W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze PSU ($95)

Motherboard : ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 DDR4 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 1PCI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.1 HDMI Motherboard ($183, has the port for the CPU mentionned below)

Air cooler : Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler System LGA1150 1155 1366 1156 2011 AM2 AM3 FM1 & FM2 ($80, that's one of the part I need advice on, I picked one with the proper size)

SSD : SanDisk Extreme Pro 2.5IN SSD 240GB SSD 550MB/R 520MB/W SATA 6G/S ($160)

Hard drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM ($50)

I'll add a DVD reader for $20 just for the sake of it.

Total : $640

Now for the parts that I think will be debatable :

CPU :Intel Core I5-6600K 3.90GHZ 6M Cache FC-LGA14C Retail Package Processor ($275, there's an ETA on this one, might have to choose a similar one.)

Memory : Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (2X8GB) DDR4 2400 MT/S(PC4-19200) CL16 Dr X8 Unbuffered DIMM 288PIN ($254, As I said I plan to keep the setup for at least 5 years, when I see that "heavy" games already take 5GB, I wonder if 2*8 isn't mandatory, but it's really expensive.)

Graphic card : MSI GeForce GTX 970 TwinFrozr V 1140/1279MHZ 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5 HDMI 2x DVI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card ($350, I kinda like the NVIDIA products but it might be a bit too much for what I need, I had a little extra on my budget)

Total price : $1500. I had around $1400 in mind. The trio just above really makes it difficult to adjust.

Once again every idea is welcome.

PS : Sorry if there're english mistakes, english isn't my mothertongue.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Have you gained permanent residency in the US or a work visa? I'm just curious by reading your post.
    Just a student visa for the moment, hoping to find an internship. I'll keep the computer anyways.
    Last edited by mmoc818d592509; 2015-08-20 at 06:03 PM.

Good god the prices on NCIXUS are absurd, the Cooler is $30 more than elsewhere and the 16GB DDR4 kit is a good $70 more than elsewhere.

If I were you I would check around where you might be moving to and find a local shop/retail chain(Microcenter) that can put it together for you.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I think he's trying to get at that he won't have time to build it himself.
    I know, that's why I linked the sites I did. But since it takes 2-3 hours to build a PC, I was just calling BS on their claim that they have no time.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Nialiha View Post
    Hey,

Thanks
    I have used these 4 and had great success with all 4 ,
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
    http://magicmicro.com/
    http://www.ecollegepc.com/

The last 2 were the best prices for me,when I selected the parts and had most of the parts/cases I wanted.
    The first 2 were great building menus but they are in the same state I am so I would have had to pay a $200+ Tax on the systems and ..that was the deal breaker for me.

There are some higher end custom builders that are amazing here as well HOWEVER they are FAR more expensive but have far greater ranges of options (Origin,xotic,digital storm etc).

I know everyone says"build your own" but I have not the time or want to do anything more than install vid cards , sound cards or a fan anymore so I feel your "pain". The extra $100-200 I spend for someone else to build it for me is worth it for the time and frustrations.

Good luck with whatever you end up with!
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-08-22 at 04:37 AM.

I used CybertronPC this past April, and couldn't have been happier with what I got. I chose a model that was on sale, and just upgraded it to what I wanted :P

Only thing I've upgraded in it is the PSU and the stock cooler on the AMD 6300. And did those because I wanted to. I was thinking about building my own, but... I was a bit nervous about it. And decided against it... might try the next time my husband goes on deployment. It'll be a good project for me.

To give a quick example I went to both CybertronPC and CyberpowerPC and when through a I5 4690k setup with a 970 on both. Cyberpower came out only 200$ more expensive then doing it yourself, and Cybertron came out 400$ more. I will say Cyberpower also has a sale going on currently. But this is just to give you an idea of some pricing. I can do some pricing for the other sites as well.

Edit: Ibuypower comes out to about 330$ more expensive then building it yourself.

Just to note these are all numbers from either exact builds or the closest I can get to it. I may be pointing to the fact that it's almost always going to be significantly cheaper to build a PC yourself.
    Last edited by OmegaV; 2015-08-23 at 07:45 PM.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D