Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    All ferals are busy ruining the low level pvp experience.
    most ferals are infact busy in lowbie killings and are so enjoying it, that they forgot to play at end level pve, pvp content

My thought, as mythic raiding feral.

We are doing ok. Most figths is about single target, which we are great at. Rotations is a bit complex but nothing compared to how it used to be. Energy problem is not lack of energy but to much of it due to class trinket and wierd 4 set bonus.

We are still very strong and competetive against other classes if we played well.

AoE is shit, but that's more or less just trashpacks in mythic, which doesn't matter.

Toolbox, we are equipped to take us far distance very fast making us on pair with rogues & monks to reach a specific add or boss, we have good raid cd's like roar, ursol and rebirth and glyphs talents can make us take big hits without dying. We can also switch to bear and taunt of something if needed (Archimonde example) on that we are excellent interupters.

Everything isn't just about meters. If you want to cheese those meters there is ways todo it aswell but mythic progression is more than just being on top, you actually have to hit hard on the right target aswell and not die of shit. Also running around doing other things than hitting the boss (runes on kormrok, void/fel shit on xhul etc etc.. ), someone has and why not one with good abilities for it?

so no, we aren't bad, we might not be the best melee class but not far from it.
    Last edited by sn0wman; 2015-08-25 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    On my feral, I typically do 3-5 million healing to the tank during a boss encounter simply by following my normal priority list. Pretty sure that is a utility that all the other specs mentioned in this thread do not have.
    Does that mean you bring one less healer because a feral is in the raid? No.

But my rogue, for example, on xhul horac can soak multiple black holes with cheat death, cloak off debuffs, and feint to trigger explosions and clear pools. Which are all pretty nice things to have on mythic (my feral has yet to see a xhul mythic kill because my rogue can do so much more). I try so hard to justify my feral staying in for some fights but it's just not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferals are "excellent interrupters" lol that's a first I've heard that. ALL MELEE ARE EXCELLENT INTERRUPTERS. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    Does that mean you bring one less healer because a feral is in the raid? No.

But my rogue, for example, on xhul horac can soak multiple black holes with cheat death, cloak off debuffs, and feint to trigger explosions and clear pools. Which are all pretty nice things to have on mythic (my feral has yet to see a xhul mythic kill because my rogue can do so much more). I try so hard to justify my feral staying in for some fights but it's just not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferals are "excellent interrupters" lol that's a first I've heard that. ALL MELEE ARE EXCELLENT INTERRUPTERS. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
    Did i say other's wasn't? it was just one thing of many. So much hate I never said anywhere we where best at anything just that we (in my opionon) are doing ok even for mythic.

Sure in a perfect setup, most optimal for everything you might not see a feral, neither a ww monk or some others. There will always be some classes that outperforms or have a better tools for a specific duty. But this wasn't what this topic was about, it was about ferals in general.

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post

Skull bash: For closing that 10y gap to boss.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post
    My thought, as mythic raiding feral.

We are doing ok. Most figths is about single target, which we are great at. Rotations is a bit complex but nothing compared to how it used to be. Energy problem is not lack of energy but to much of it due to class trinket and wierd 4 set bonus.

We are still very strong and competetive against other classes if we played well.

AoE is shit, but that's more or less just trashpacks in mythic, which doesn't matter.

Toolbox, we are equipped to take us far distance very fast making us on pair with rogues & monks to reach a specific add or boss, we have good raid cd's like roar, ursol and rebirth and glyphs talents can make us take big hits without dying. We can also switch to bear and taunt of something if needed (Archimonde example) on that we are excellent interupters.

Everything isn't just about meters. If you want to cheese those meters there is ways todo it aswell but mythic progression is more than just being on top, you actually have to hit hard on the right target aswell and not die of shit. Also running around doing other things than hitting the boss (runes on kormrok, void/fel shit on xhul etc etc.. ), someone has and why not one with good abilities for it?

so no, we aren't bad, we might not be the best melee class but not far from it.
    So confused how there is such a contrast from my experience and statistical data and your experience.

We haven't been great at single target, maybe decent but I'd say far from great. I'd put warlocks, mages, rogues in the great category. Now would I say I'm competitive with a rogue... maybe if they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. And even then, it might be close.

There is still plenty of aoe encounters beyond trash in mythic, ones that we flat out suck at. And they do matter. You aren't going to burst those imps down on a feral very well compared to.... well take pretty much any other spec and we lose there.

We are also one of the absolute worst specs for bursting down a priority add, so I'm not sure what you mean by us having to hit hard on the right target.

And as for the runes/fire, why would you use a feral when you can use a rogue there?

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted View Post
    Skull bash: For closing that 10y gap to boss.
    The only time the gap closer has been that useful for an interrupt this entire expansion was on the boat to interrupt the earth shield cast in maidens. Otherwise I do not see any difficulty in getting to where you need to be to interrupt. More of a qol thing than a "we need this for the fight" thing. So whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

I really find it cute that someone thinks ferals are good for mythic gorefiend when feast dps is not a problem (or shouldn't be).

Deleted
    Feral. Is the spec thats you simply love it or hate it. Thats is no middle term in here. Ferals are actually in really goot spot, both in pvp aswell in pve. One of the main reasons to not see so many feraal is bacause people dont like the kind of gameplay that Feral Druid is today. Thats why. We are few, but good. I think i can speak for each other when we simply love the class. The movement speed, the fact that we can heal like a boss and soak things, stuff like that make us special. Yes, rogues can do the same things aswell. But feral is feral, and we love it. We are special. We are much better in single target then rogues, but combat rogues they are one of the kings of cleave. I dont believe that feral druids dont have a spot or they have to reroll to bookmin. Fights like Hellfire council, is one of the best for us (with moonfire talent).

LONG LIVE TO FERALS. FERALS FOR THE WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixdays View Post
    Feral. Is the spec thats you simply love it or hate it. Thats is no middle term in here. Ferals are actually in really goot spot, both in pvp aswell in pve. One of the main reasons to not see so many feraal is bacause people dont like the kind of gameplay that Feral Druid is today. Thats why. We are few, but good. I think i can speak for each other when we simply love the class. The movement speed, the fact that we can heal like a boss and soak things, stuff like that make us special. Yes, rogues can do the same things aswell. But feral is feral, and we love it. We are special. We are much better in single target then rogues, but combat rogues they are one of the kings of cleave. I dont believe that feral druids dont have a spot or they have to reroll to bookmin. Fights like Hellfire council, is one of the best for us (with moonfire talent).

LONG LIVE TO FERALS. FERALS FOR THE WIN!
    While I do love a lot of these aspects of feral, the truth is we are not better in single target than rogues. And hellfire council isn't anything amazing for us. Currently ferals do not take Lunar Inspiration on any fight this tier.

I think that a lot of people apply knowledge relevant to the top 1% of raid guilds to their own top 40% guild.

Will a Rogue outperform a Feral Druid in theoretical maximum DPS? Sure. Does that matter to a guild trying to get a top 10 world rank? I would imagine that it does. However, I expect that *most* raids don't find themselves in a situation where they're saying "man, if only that Feral was a Rogue, we'd have cleared this raid".

Will a Lamborghini Aventador get you to work faster than a Honda Accord? You bet it will. Is the different between the two relevant to most people who commute to work? Absolutely not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueredwolf View Post
    While I do love a lot of these aspects of feral, the truth is we are not better in single target than rogues. And hellfire council isn't anything amazing for us. Currently ferals do not take Lunar Inspiration on any fight this tier.
    I have to disagree with you, lunar inspiration is the best talent in Hellfire boss for example. Its 15% of my final damage and you can do single target in bosses But i respect your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Kagura View Post
    I think that a lot of people apply knowledge relevant to the top 1% of raid guilds to their own top 40% guild.

Will a Rogue outperform a Feral Druid in theoretical maximum DPS? Sure. Does that matter to a guild trying to get a top 10 world rank? I would imagine that it does. However, I expect that *most* raids don't find themselves in a situation where they're saying "man, if only that Feral was a Rogue, we'd have cleared this raid".

Will a Lamborghini Aventador get you to work faster than a Honda Accord? You bet it will. Is the different between the two relevant to most people who commute to work? Absolutely not.
    I feel like if the Lamborghini was capable of flying it would better represent the comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Sixdays View Post
    I have to disagree with you, lunar inspiration is the best talent in Hellfire boss for example. Its 15% of my final damage and you can do single target in bosses But i respect your opinion
    Take a look at the top parses for feral on hellfire high council. If it was the best option the highest parses would be using the talent. Our bleeds have been buffed more than once while moonfire was not, leaving the talent irrelevant. It may do 15% of your damage but at the cost of losing out on more if you had taken blood talons.

Deleted
    My biggest problem with feral is that the bis trinket in the majority of fights is a rng-heavy pile or horseshit.
    Procs are ok, but soulcap is just too much. Its just no fun if you play your role perfect in a fight, get lucky with encounter mechanics so you dont have to run around and then getting NO procs at all or at the shittiest moments...while your other agi melee homeboy failed a few times but has like 3 procs in a row...
    Thats just one more thing that makes playing feral not feel very rewarding.

But feral isnt as bad as many people seem to think. ST is really solid, and the same way I mentioned soul cap is frustrating, it can be really awesome when you get decent procs while bursting, chainprocs, or proc with ring up etc.

The class itself is messed up though. It scales bad, blizzard wasnt capable of fixing the pve/pvp problem and I somehow dont feel like they will manage to fix us really soon. I hope I am wrong, but I guess with legion they will throw those fancy artifact catforms at us, but not a really necessary revamp of mechanics, skills and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    My biggest problem with feral is that the bis trinket in the majority of fights is a rng-heavy pile or horseshit.
    Procs are ok, but soulcap is just too much. Its just no fun if you play your role perfect in a fight, get lucky with encounter mechanics so you dont have to run around and then getting NO procs at all or at the shittiest moments...while your other agi melee homeboy failed a few times but has like 3 procs in a row...
    Thats just one more thing that makes playing feral not feel very rewarding.

But feral isnt as bad as many people seem to think. ST is really solid, and the same way I mentioned soul cap is frustrating, it can be really awesome when you get decent procs while bursting, chainprocs, or proc with ring up etc.

The class itself is messed up though. It scales bad, blizzard wasnt capable of fixing the pve/pvp problem and I somehow dont feel like they will manage to fix us really soon. I hope I am wrong, but I guess with legion they will throw those fancy artifact catforms at us, but not a really necessary revamp of mechanics, skills and talents.
    Well they won't be trying to fix PvP problems and also screwing over PvE performance so there's that.

Please remeber this is an old thread and many of these posts were before the buffs people yelled for immediately after mythic was released. So don't say feral ST is fine in response to anyone that posted about damage before buffs.

And remember that even though ST is fine glaring weaknesses still exist that are difficult to tune with numbers.

And LI is currently garbage.

Deleted
    Feral just doesn't really hold a candle to rogue right now unfortunately.

Because we're in stealth :-)

Deleted
    why you rarely see Feral?

PvE: Savage Roar is a ballache
    PvP: No idea, don't PvP meself. At all.

It's been said but you don't see them because you don't play 1200-1800 ish pvp.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with Feral is the stupid rake rake rake rake requirement for doing 'proper' AoE damage. They should merge Thrash and Swipe to form a single ability, give it a damage boost, and give it the Shockwave treatment of reducing the CD when x amount of targets are hit. To prevent tab target raking on top of this Swipe udpate, just up the cost but also damage so you cant tab spam while getting a ST bump in damage.

Shit, I don't know, but that feels like a start.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.