Thread: Stellar Flare?

Stellar Flare?

I have been simming my char on council fights(3 targets) and it always comes down to be best to use Stellar Flare. But when I check logs I cant really find any that use it and I wonder why? I have tried it on High Council and my DPS is higher than BoP, but my problem is that I am not used to play with it so it is freaking hard for me, and then I die lol :P

Why is it that people dont play with Stellar?

too hard to use for no benefit

Pretty much what elesarana said, it is better in the scenarios it's made for, but it's too much hassle and a very small dps increase i beleive. I remember looking at iron maiden logs in BRF and i saw mostly people using other talents, but there were some that used stellar flare in there... Council would be the theorical best fight for stellar flare, although the 3 bosses dont stay up the entire time...

Just go euphoria for every fight imo, especially with the class trinket.

I will not go Eup over BoP for a fight like council TBH. on Xhul'roc it depends on how the DPS is spread out if to which talent i choose
    But yea, I thought it was cuz it was too hard to play with compared to BoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    I will not go Eup over BoP for a fight like council TBH. on Xhul'roc it depends on how the DPS is spread out if to which talent i choose
    There is practically speaking no reason to go for BoP over euphoria in any fight, because the single largest advantage for BoP, compared to BRF, is now gone assuming that you have the class trinket. This same reason also applies for StfL which was even back in BRF only a minor gain over BoP, but just harder to execute.

I use Stellar Flare for our council kills (heroic) just for variety. It works decently and I do alright damage (last attempt I did 74k at 710 ilevel) but I'm pretty sure I would do slightly more damage if I just went with BoP, especially since I'm shit at using it and letting dots run off a few times. Again, it's just for variety and when things are on farm it's fun to try and mix things up a bit.
    Last edited by Catbug; 2015-08-20 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    Well sucks you play the wrong talent for those... hurtin that guild.

Go look at every fucking log. Oh wait I see 1 BoP in the first like 35 logs i looked at. Most of them don't even have fel rage either.

It all comes down to Trinket procs and starsurges anyway and not having to run out for reap. BoP is worthless... there is a reason all the top end moonkins don't use it and are still on top its just not a good talent.

Just go with euphoria dont see the point about changing talents in HFC

Euphoria is too strong of a gameplay changer (positive change!) for most chickens to move away from it.

Deleted
    bit ot but gearing up after reaching 100. i dont got any t17 or t18 yet, but is euphoria still the best ?

BoP is only good for stupid cheese on council, and since ure mainly nuking 1 target the entire time, ure not even getting the full benefit of the talent. Euphoria>All.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Well sucks you play the wrong talent for those... hurtin that guild.

Go look at every fucking log. Oh wait I see 1 BoP in the first like 35 logs i looked at. Most of them don't even have fel rage either.

It all comes down to Trinket procs and starsurges anyway and not having to run out for reap. BoP is worthless... there is a reason all the top end moonkins don't use it and are still on top its just not a good talent.
    The reason all top moonkins don't use it is that Euphoria is better, not that BoP is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The reason all top moonkins don't use it is that Euphoria is better, not that BoP is bad.
    Exactly.

Really once your DoTs are up, you are nuking a priority ad. All the other talents dont really help with priority ads. Boomkins also need that extra casting speed just to get nukes off reliably before a fight mechanic makes you move.