Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will there be another site like Summonstone.com?

Yes, I know it's easy enough to do the research, but it was really nice having all that information in one place for all of my toons. Sometimes it's nice not having to rack my brain and just look at my best in slot list, best spells to use per boss, ect. anyone have another one I haven't found? Not icy-veins or noxxic obviously

Deleted
    What's up with summonstone.com?

it was taken down a couple weeks ago

Deleted
    Oh wow why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Oh wow why?
    The guy who runs it got a job at blizzard, you cant run/own sites under blizzard for some reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    The guy who runs it got a job at blizzard, you cant run/own sites under blizzard for some reason
    Lol pretty weird he didn't gave it to someone else to run.

oo oo maybe since he got a job with blizz they hired him to fix enh shammies? wooot goona get some luving come x pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    oo oo maybe since he got a job with blizz they hired him to fix enh shammies? wooot goona get some luving come x pack?
    He's a death knight player (Skullflower), and I'm pretty sure he got hired for QA, would not really be a big part of the balancing process.

Related to the website, I think that the guide creators has mostly just lost interest in keeping them up to date for 6.2, so he decided to close the site rather than trying to pass it off to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    This is not true. I personally know people that work for Blizzard that run Blizz related websites. Some are smart enough to have it written into their employment contracts that they can continue running their websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    written into their employment contracts that they can continue running their websites.
    Thats probably why. Though by the time he got hired summonstone was already meh. The writers supposedly weren't interested in updating the guides, and a lot of the guides didn't really seem to provide anymore information beyond common sense + what you could find on icy veins already.

Deleted
    I have found a copy of Summon Stone
    https://onuraslan.github.io/SummonSt...mmonstone.com/

There will be.

http://onelegion.tv/

We have contacted all the contributors to summonstone and offered them similar compensation, but unfortunately none of them have replied yet.
    If you know any mythic caliber players looking to write and record guides send em our way!

We intend to have guides on classes for pvp and pve, mounts, pets, gold, and Legion leveling/artifacts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    There will be.

We have contacted all the contributors to summonstone and offered them similar compensation, but unfortunately none of them have replied yet.
    If you know any mythic caliber players looking to write and record guides send em our way!

We intend to have guides on classes for pvp and pve, mounts, pets, gold, and Legion leveling/artifacts.
    Really? *Checks email* Nope, nothing there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I lol'd
    but for real binkenstein, i really only care about your guide on summonstone xD I saw your post about some RL issues, but did you end up updating a guide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap I thought you retired lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tetronian View Post
    I lol'd
    but for real binkenstein, i really only care about your guide on summonstone xD I saw your post about some RL issues, but did you end up updating a guide?
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Holy crap I thought you retired lol
    ish. Just have to re-prioritize stuff for the moment.

There will be.

This website is laughable. Honestly, its not in a state that is fit to be published yet, you should take it down and get it working and get some real content ready before you show it to the world like this.

Couple things that I noticed:

1) The whole logo popping up as a transition when you navigate to another area of the website. Its shiny, but all its doing is slowing down navigation. Get rid of it.

2) As mentioned, the vast majority of your pages have zero content on them right now. Get something worth showing the world before you publish. Slightly related: Do you -know- what all the sections are for? You have a 'classes' section, a guides section that also has a 'classes' section inside it, AND a PvE section. Are all 3 of these sections going to have distinct content that isn't overlapping with the other two? How about the 'WoW Legion' section? Is that not just a copy of the 'Home' section? I don't know what you have planned, but make sure you have legitimate and distinct uses for each section.

3) The forums. I don't care for them visually, but it could be worse. Additionally, I tried logging in to leave my feedback there instead of here, and found that there is no register button on your website, or if there is, its not in a user-friendly location. I went ahead and hit login, and it brought me to the wordpress.org login page, still connected to your website, but even there there was no register button, simply a "forgot your password?" link. I followed that link to see if I could find a register button, and it brought me BACK to your website in the 'WoW Legion' section, and had replaced the title of the most recent news post [Something about the Blizz Q&A] with 'Lost Password'. This was crazy. I even signed up on wordpress.com and tried to use that login, no luck there either. I checked Wordpress.org and could not find a visible register button there either.

4) The banner on the home page, which I presume is just displaying the most recent news article, seems just a bit too large. Maybe make it a little shorter? This is just my preference at this point, admitedly. Same deal for the social media section on the bottom. Put that stuff in the footer please, I want to go to a website to see that website's content, linking to social media is fine, but its far too prominent on your website. It -looks- pretty, as does MOST of the website, but its a bit obnoxious. The "social media" area is quite literally a third of your home page, with the banner being another third.

Again I say that the website in general -looks- pretty, but it has a lot of problems that need to be fixed before you let people see it. If people, like me, stumble upon it in its current state, they likely won't bother checking in when it actually has real content.

I also feel like the whole project seems a bit ambitious. You have a ton of different sections, with a ton of different options under 'guides', and I fear its just going to keep whatever community you gathered split up. Perhaps at the very least, hide the sections that don't have solid content yet. Unhide them when you find someone who is "qualified" to write a guide or what have you for the different sections.
    Last edited by VirunusWRA; 2015-08-22 at 01:22 AM.

[QUOTE=binkenstein;35775305]http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman

thank you very much sir

- - - Updated - - -

There will be.

I think you just need to narrow down the stuff on the site. it's a great idea to have all of this in one place, but that's kinda what wowhead is. If you just focus on guides for pve and pvp you have a higher quality of information because your resources aren't spread so thin

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman

ish. Just have to re-prioritize stuff for the moment.
    That guide is also a bit outdated with there still being placeholders and old stuff here and there.

Perhaps you should get assistance if anyone is willing to help.
    Last edited by stomination; 2015-08-22 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That guide is also a bit outdated with there still being placeholders and old stuff here and there.

Perhaps you should get assistance if anyone is willing to help.
    I don't see any PH... Where exactly? I think he's done a great job overall in updating it as patches came along, comprared to some other class guides.