Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    TLDR: We never actually planned to have flight in this expansion, thought it would be easy to impliment, and then crapped ourselves when we discovered we painted ourselves into a corner.

Who are we kidding they will release the expansion after the movie and if the movie tanks in box office they will have some free pet/mount code gimmick you can only get when you purchase a ticket....that's actually not a bad idea though...blizzard if you need marketing help...come find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabilesblack View Post
    I love how people can take something as simple as them finally saying "Look the game and the movie are not tied together at all as far as release dates go", and turn it into OMG ITS GOING TO BE AFTER THE MOVIE FUCK YOU BLIZZARD I KNEW IT GRGRGRHRHRGRHRGRHR. Seriously calm the hell down that's all that was meant to say, Legion is in NO WAY tied to Warcraft movie
    "I love" how people have no memory of Blizzard's 100% track record every time they have mentioned a time table about an expansion's release.

It is ALWAYS later than sooner. We have never once been surprised once by an early expansion launch- ever.

It is better that it is more polished and ready, so I can wait.

But they are right. They need to shut up with their year in/year out hyping of time tables and content before they have any freaking idea of what they are talking about.

Why on earth do you feel the need to tell us it is not tied to the movie? People know this.

People are rightfully frustrated that it looks like this last tier of the Steam Early Access Expansion will be ONE YEAR LONG... again. In spite of the library of quotes and walls of blue texts from the past few years that state otherwise.

Blizzcon is likely to have "the first playable tour of the world".

Internal alpha is going on now.

Legion could launch before or after the Warcraft movie and the expansion release date isn't tied to it.

^ All this means is that they are not willing to share anything with us as of yet.

Blizzard learned a very big lesson with WoD and one i bet they are not willing to repeat. Beta will happen before Blizzcon, this I'm pretty sure on. If Beta was going to be after Blizzcon you would think that Legion would of been announced at Blizzcon instead of before hand.

Looking like a Late Aug / Sep for beta imo, since Internal Alpha is in progress.
    "Internal Alpha" could also mean that F&F Alpha is all ready running and that beta is just around the corner, which was hinted from someone at Blizzard on Twitter last week.( The twitter post hinted that beta will start "very soon" The thing is that we don't know if it's the Blizzards "Soon" or just a normal very soon and actually meaning in the next month or so )

10+ Year Old Account
    #FarstriderLodgeorRiot

"Warlords of Draenor had a good story, but it was disconnected from the game world. Going forward the team will try to integrate the storytelling into the game, especially in max level content."

How can they even say this when they switched story mid-stream? Granted I thought Shadowmoon was good, but the rest... eeuuuugh.

Murkadin seems to suffer from what a lot of players are suffering through. Having only one warglaive ;-;

10+ Year Old Account
    When a name is "reserved" like that, that means that you can't name a character, battle pet, or guild with that name, right? There are some guilds called Fire Holinka, so I don't know if that had anything to do with that.

"Legion could launch before or after the Warcraft movie and the expansion release date isn't tied to it."

This just in, wow team has added 1000 more people You know, faster one year expansions. Well it is not actually one year expansion. More like 18-19 months. Well content is not exactly 50% of 2 year expansion. More like 25%. But read the good news about adding more staff and moose mount in store.

Can't wait for sub numbers before Legion launches, if anyone is still playing by then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
    TLDR: We never actually planned to have flight in this expansion, thought it would be easy to impliment, and then crapped ourselves when we discovered we painted ourselves into a corner.
    Except for things to do in MoP. There is literally nothing to do in WoD once raiding is done. I can see disastrous sub numbers for next 3 quarters.

"Legion could launch before or after the Warcraft movie and the expansion release date isn't tied to it."
    How is that anything new? of course its going to come out either after or before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Legion could launch before or after the Warcraft movie and the expansion release date isn't tied to it.

^ lol that's gonna cause some drama, the fact that he said "or after"
    what drama ? anyone who is even a bit sane is prepared that this tier wil last for 12-14 months with maybe longer 7.0 pre launch event to cover for fact that there is no content whatsoever to do

- - - Updated - - -

they probably tried to cut corners and not implement flying at all leaving us in X,Y without Z dimension but since it failed most probably there will be thousands of dsmounting bugs proving that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I think they are lying about the date just to not create heavy expectations.
    What dates? Before or after the film means literally anything between right now and the end of time...

- - - Updated - - -

But.. All the know-it-alls on the forums were so certain it was just "The push of a button" to implement it? How can they be wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rikku45 View Post
    How is that anything new? of course its going to come out either after or before.
    All he is saying (at least giving it an honest try) is that the game and the movie are not tied in terms of release dates...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they probably tried to cut corners and not implement flying at all leaving us in X,Y without Z dimension but since it failed most probably there will be thousands of dsmounting bugs proving that.
    what the hell are you talking about? There are numerous means of traveling in the "Z" direction in warlords. Feather, gliders, etc. Obviously the only thing we can learn from this is that there are ZERO players who understand how flying works in world of warcraft and all estimates (easy, hard, them, ours) were incorrect.

Warlords of Draenor had a good story, but it was disconnected from the game world. Going forward the team will try to integrate the storytelling into the game, especially in max level content.

no. no. no.

only shadowmoon had a good story but there are to many loose ends..

after i see the wod trailer, i know this is never a good story!

to much orcs are never good! not after 10 years..

i hope the movie will not make the same error..

Deleted
    Make a vote... but you can be sure about the "AFTER the movie" scenario because that will give them more income (you know they are greedy as fu..k) because the bonus hype crap what you fall for it every god damn time...

"Because we knew it wouldn't, and it hasn't. None of the other content in 6.2.1/6.2.2 has delayed flying in any way." So that means they knew that they will not give our free-flying back. So they lied into our face again and again...

ahahaa before or after the movie.

Hopefully before the movie releases.

Just a quick question

In these patch notes it appears the monk buffs posted yesterday are missing.

Is this just because the monk tooltips won't be updated?

Bit depressing if they've removed the buffs already

Its nice to hear specifically why flight is being such a problem to fix. So they essentially piled hotfixes on top of each other as 'band-aid' solutions to other problems, and now the Computer says No. This blue post sure feels like a response to last night's Az chats

So if Legion is not tied with the release date of the movie, then why bring that up? No point of getting people more flamed with the statement they just put out. Could easily said, Legendary pictures control the release date of the movie and we here at Blizzard have our own schedule.

Nope, lets get the community even more pissed off than it already is. So many PR mistakes for WoD alone.