Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    HAHAHA he implied the release is tied to the movie?

Enjoy those 52 weeks of Hellfire Citadel boys.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really sad to read all that nonsense from Josh Allen (Lore), remembering how reasonable he was before working for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You win this round Blizzard, but Ogres need to be playable in the next expansion after Legion.
    Been wanting to play one since like forever!

When is the pre-order gonna be and what else will the Legion's Collector's Edition gonna get?
    Kinda glad I got the Collector's Edition for Mists of Pandaria and not Warlords.

What I get from Lore's explanation of why it takes so long to implement flying is that they should implement flying in the launch release. If they do that, assuming they actually design the world with flight in mind and it works at that time, they won't be able to mess it all up with all the patches and hotfixes later and then have to do a lot of rework. Since we know they will have flying at some point in Legion it would be more efficient and economical to just have it available in 7.0.

Deleted
    If Blizzard aren't going to keep to their plans then they need to re look at the sub model. I seriously don't understand how they expect millions of people to carry on paying subs for content that has no end in sight and no idea of when the next expansion is due. And the content that they have provided in 6.2 is old already and a lot of people have already completed it. This is not good value for money. In my guild alone most people only log in for raids. There are going to be a lot of angry people out there.

And those that are saying it won't be after the movie, surly Blizzard would know that and say it would be before the movie. Its 10 months away how can they not know how long they have for development?????

Patience is wearing thin, like many others....

Deleted
    No explanations can calm the angry crowd. You cannot reason with people who "just know better", no arguments will change their minds as they are set on that Blizz is bad and that it only destroys fans favourite game. I try hard to think of any other game that lived 10 years with millions of fans who were playing it on daily (or monthly) basis, that had so many expansions and yet works quite well, and I cannot think of any. I don't mind that people became critic, that it is not any more just about the hype as even I noticed that every expansion is pretty much "copy and paste" of old ideas just with another theme and easier mobs. Yet it is hard to call for freshness and originality when game is that old and contains so much content already. I don't like when people just argue and attack Blizzard like some emotional babies that simply can't take argument and will keep pointing with finger and try shout you to death no matter what you say.

It is just a game and in any other game people accept that game developers do things as they please, change game in mid of what they are advertising, that they don't follow fan wishes even though sometimes they may be nice to fans. In Wow fans become quasi developers over years and demand that their ideas are applied no matter if they are reasonable or not. Just so you know, you pay for every single game you play and paying monthly fee does entitle you to play, not to actively decide future of the game. It is just stupid when people complain because developers said something and didn't do it later. I mean they don't swear oath to you, they usually speak of more or less certain things, those aren't craved in stone. Somehow in real life you understand when people promise or just say and then can't deliver or change mind but when it comes to Wow then you will take every word they say as if it were in court.

I have been playing Wow so long and before people commented on new things speaking of what they expect, asking devs for more information, speculating. Now people just whine on every word and treat everything that devs say like a big lie, like if something must be fishy. Before fans were encouraging, devoted, cheering and now they became nagging like old ladies. It is just sad.

Guess i am the gearscore lol

Hunters Hall in highmountain? Another 2 years of snow? No thanks, I'm not playing that. I've had enough of that ugly white wasteland in the garisson.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are getting "bored" by being able to raid more than 3 or 4 months for final tier. Unless you're in a world-first or better-than-average guild, most guilds need that time to be able to down the content. How is that a bad thing, being able to see stuff? If you're bored, do some achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with everyone saying WoD had good story potential. It ended up rushed and shallow in the end. Too many important characters were killed or put aside before doing anything relevant. In fact, considering the bad guys, only Gul'dan was properly developed in my opinion.

The Garrosh+Grom combo could have gone so much farther... The bronze dragon that sided with Garrosh could have done so much more... No actual invasion happened in the real world, Iron Horde pressure ended mid-leveling after the Blackhand cinematic. I see wasted potential everywhere the more I think about it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmc View Post
    Agree with everyone saying WoD had good story potential. It ended up rushed and shallow in the end. Too many important characters were killed or put aside before doing anything relevant. In fact, considering the bad guys, only Gul'dan was properly developed in my opinion.

The Garrosh+Grom combo could have gone so much farther... The bronze dragon that sided with Garrosh could have done so much more... No actual invasion happened in the real world, Iron Horde pressure ended mid-leveling after the Blackhand cinematic. I see wasted potential everywhere the more I think about it...
    But we got garrisons and they were implemented perfectly.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    What I get from Lore's explanation of why it takes so long to implement flying is that they should implement flying in the launch release. If they do that, assuming they actually design the world with flight in mind and it works at that time, they won't be able to mess it all up with all the patches and hotfixes later and then have to do a lot of rework. Since we know they will have flying at some point in Legion it would be more efficient and economical to just have it available in 7.0.
    That's exactly what I was thinking last night. If delaying or implementing no flight leads to them breaking aspects of the game to keep it in check then surely wouldn't it be more sensible to just have the implementation there and ready to be earned and unlocked at level cap at launch? I mean even No Flight Players must realise if they don't have to mess about with undoing and fixing the damage done by temporary bandage fixes to delay flight then they can spend that additional time on working on more content and balancing which is their other biggest complaints?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    So they built something that was riddled with bugs and therefore had to delay. Maybe get some proper developpers in then ?
    5 million players, at 15euros per month, 75Million euro revenue per month. Surely you can afford some good devs at that price ?

Oh yeah, "you can only recruit devs that adhere to the right frame of thinking and fit with the organisation". That's a handy pushback to justify why you only have 10-20 devs for a 5M player game.

Warlords of Draenor had a good story, but it was disconnected from the game world. Going forward the team will try to integrate the storytelling into the game, especially in max level content.

Dear lord I fear that they actually believe themselves. WoD's story was complete shit, I could say it had potential yet no story other than building up Gul'dan was any good. A lot of scrapped pieces like Doomhammer and Kargath, and having a zone like Gorgrond having no real story at all because the botani weren't even supposed to be there. Not to mention all the Hollywood clichés.

10+ Year Old Account
    Software Developer chiming in here:

I would hazard a guess that WoW is probably over a million lines of code long, so to have a working game with 5 expansions and hundreds of patches changing the code every time, I certainly wouldn't be calling the coders bad programmers. Also assuming that WoW is developed on C++, if one single character or byte is out of place or is incorrect, it could create a large bug that is extremely difficult to trace; such a minute thing for example could cause a flying mount to dismount itself while in the air. To those that claim the programmers of WoW should be replaced, I'm so very glad that no one here (unless in secret) is on the blizzard team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotovose View Post
    Who are we kidding they will release the expansion after the movie and if the movie tanks in box office they will have some free pet/mount code gimmick you can only get when you purchase a ticket....that's actually not a bad idea though...blizzard if you need marketing help...come find me.
    Thats... a great idea. Would love to introduce such a thing in theaters around my city but I doubt it will ever release in Karachi.

Looking forward to the Warstomp buff. Doesn't really matter much now but in the start of WoD bears were hurting bad by not having a good AoE stun. 50% longer stun with 25% shorter CD is a massive buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    Software Developer chiming in here:

I would hazard a guess that WoW is probably over a million lines of code long, so to have a working game with 5 expansions and hundreds of patches changing the code every time, I certainly wouldn't be calling the coders bad programmers. Also assuming that WoW is developed on C++, if one single character or byte is out of place or is incorrect, it could create a large bug that is extremely difficult to trace; such a minute thing for example could cause a flying mount to dismount itself while in the air. To those that claim the programmers of WoW should be replaced, I'm so very glad that no one here (unless in secret) is on the blizzard team.
    Good insight. I remember one pvp related hotfix in Cataclysm where they disabled vengeance in PVP (due to high damage from tanks - Blood DKs in particular) and it wrecked their proc system causing ret paladins to go out of control.

Deleted
    If Blizzard stay at they're current production quality level, they will have to reimagine they're branding and stop believing they're own Hype. They are not Mercedes anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    It's really sad to read all that nonsense from Josh Allen (Lore), remembering how reasonable he was before working for Blizzard.
    Aye , i agree with that . I used to like Lore a lot , but not i've lost respect for him , but hey thats what happends when u work for a company like blizz , u sell your soul for their best interest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Hunters Hall in highmountain? Another 2 years of snow? No thanks, I'm not playing that. I've had enough of that ugly white wasteland in the garisson.
    Cos its gonna be exactly the same , right? How about u just wait what they come up with and then say what u think about it