Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    "Warlords of Draenor had a good story"

Then when you got to level 100 it went away.

Who will help me on my fucking quest!?

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Re: Patch 6.2.2 PTR - Build 20426, Dev Interviews, Patch 6.2.2 Development, Blue T...

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    When a name is "reserved" like that, that means that you can't name a character, battle pet, or guild with that name, right? There are some guilds called Fire Holinka, so I don't know if that had anything to do with that.
    Reserved names are checked at character creation, and as far as I know that's the only time it is used. Blizzard's naming policy covers everything after the fact. So, it is possible to create a character that works around the reserved restriction, but you'll get nailed for violating that policy if someone else reports the name. Guild names are not checked but can also be reported for any violation (obscenity/lewdness and harassment, primarily).
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Deleted
    This website should implement this feature:

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    That's impossible to state. What it means for sure is that warlords wasn't built with flying enabled. They certainly are not writing the system from scratch or anything and probably not having to spend a ton of time fixing map/texture issues since the flight points and/or feather allow players to see a very large portion of the map.

The reality is we have no idea whatsoever what goes into actually enabling *flight* on the maps. From what they are saying with dismounts and such it sounds like there is some kind of flag on the terrain that has to be enabled and given how the maps are designed, the terrain could be in a thousand pieces for each zone and require someone to go in one piece at a time to turn on. That also might be completely incorrect in practice but it sounds like an apt analogy.

I would have thought that given how the glider and the feather work that doing flight that it was an easy process but clearly there is more to the system of flying than simply changing the z-coordinates of your character.
    now you are contradiction yourself - IF they were thinking about having flying implemented and being turned on few months after release they would have it figured out BEFORE WoD release - what they are proving now they never intended to in wod just didnt expect such a blow back and they panicked - thats why we have to wait almost 3 months after 6.2 landed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    People get so angry! What happened to just playing the game and having fun?
    what happened ? WoD happened and suddenly 5 mln people decided during 6 months that game is simply not fun anymore due to blizzard choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Reserved names are checked at character creation, and as far as I know that's the only time it is used. Blizzard's naming policy covers everything after the fact. So, it is possible to create a character that works around the reserved restriction, but you'll get nailed for violating that policy if someone else reports the name. Guild names are not checked but can also be reported for any violation (obscenity/lewdness and harassment, primarily).
    Hunters' pet names can also be "reserved". I can't remember what it was now, but I once got a "that name is reserved" message when I tried to name a pet years ago. It wasn't offensive in any way but it was a real name of some kind. And hunter pet names are not like character names as far as having to be unique.

I liked that video, granted I liked it a lot better when crendor did it years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilor View Post
    There's more to this game than just achievements. And where did I say I had nothing to do? I just think the game is not fun at the moment. I don't raid and that's my choice because I don't want to invest that time. I made that comment because we all know Blizzard has said they don't want that long of a patch cycle before an expansion release, yet that is exactly what we'll have again. I love World of Warcraft and I'm usually not the one to whine about the game, I hardly ever do.
    Look i make games for a living as well and i don't get where players get this notion that we can fart out a new game or patch in what ever time you see fit,shit takes time and hard work and needs testing and finalizing and all sorts, yet the player base thinks we press a magic button and a patch comes out....

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Look i make games for a living as well and i don't get where players get this notion that we can fart out a new game or patch in what ever time you see fit,shit takes time and hard work and needs testing and finalizing and all sorts, yet the player base thinks we press a magic button and a patch comes out....
    I know it takes time and all of that. The thing is Blizzard themselves have stated they wanted to bring down the patch cycle. If they don't want people complaining about this they shouldn't have said anything to begin with if they can't do it. They could just easily come out and say "look we thought we could manage it but we can't, it's just too much, we gotta focus on the development of the next expansion", instead they keep mentioning every year that they will shorten the patch cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikoriko View Post
    Who gives a shit about this uninteresting cunt? She probably paid you retards to get you to plug her stupid videos.
    +12 please filter the bad videos

Deleted
    video in the end sucks. let me guess you included it because the author is female?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilor View Post
    I know it takes time and all of that. The thing is Blizzard themselves have stated they wanted to bring down the patch cycle. If they don't want people complaining about this they shouldn't have said anything to begin with if they can't do it. They could just easily come out and say "look we thought we could manage it but we can't, it's just too much, we gotta focus on the development of the next expansion", instead they keep mentioning every year that they will shorten the patch cycles.
    Its called marketing. Who would you rather hire between two guys, the miserable depressed looking one who says "Look i can probs do this job for you but i highly doubt it,i will probably kill myself during the process" Or a nice smiley guy who says "Sure i can do all those things you want i will have it done as soon as possible,while im here would you like a coffee " so basically they are covering their own backs and giving you something to believe in.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got around to watching the video in the end and I have to ask why post a video that deliberately makes fun of the majority of the visitors of this website? On the front page no less? I mean it makes no effort to suggest that it is possible to meet other players in the World of Warcraft without negative aspects and rather just stands to make fun of the whole player base. Terrible video.