Boomkin Breakpoints

Hey guys, so a really furious boomkin came up to me today saying I was shit because I was breaking all kinds of Breakpoints, and as we all know breakpoints don't really exist anymore it's a dynamic system since WoD. I was curious as to see what he found that I could've been doing wrong.

As far as Simming goes, I can't see what could possibly be wrong when I'm comparing to logs or anything.

Flappystar - Burning Blade (U.S.)
    Feel free to check out my logs and such aswell.

If you find anything just either quote it on this thread or message me: coreyBEAST#1188 (US Servers)

I am not yet allowed to post links, sorry.

Courtesy links:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...622203/latest/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ppystar/simple

Hey there sexy flappybird aka newpewpew, you're getting trolled if anyone is talking about breakpoints.

Even though I don't raid, I still keep up from time to time on the shindigs. Here's some advice I can give.

Current stat weights (normalized) for you are:

Wrathcalcs
    Haste: 1.00
    Crit: 0.8900
    Mult: 0.8534
    Mast: 0.8115
    Versatility: who cares

Simcraft
    Haste: 1.00
    Crit: 0.8938
    Mult: 0.8631
    Mast: 0.8212
    Versatility: seriously, who cares

I typically use WrathCalcs but figured I'd like simcraft run for 30mins just to verify since mastery came in 4th.

Obviously, you could use more haste. While the weights seem fairly skewed with mastery at 4th, keep in mind as well - all stats benefit each other. So boosting on haste vs another stat will alter the weights etc.

I don't know how easy it is to swap between stats since reforge is out, but thought I'd put it here for you to see anyways.

Aside from that, you're DoT uptime is good (>98%) and you don't appear to be wasting SS charges (though hard to tell in some cases). Solar to lunar empowerment buffs seem perty good 2 lunar to 1 solar.. in general looks fine. After this it comes down to RNG on parsing and making sure you're not blowing GCD's too often.
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2015-08-21 at 05:34 AM.

Awesome, I am glad to hear this

- - - Updated - - -

Also this might come off as retarded but I am never sure how those stat weight apply to me?

1 haste rating increases your dps by "1 unit" (it's like 6 dps or something)
    1 mastery rating increases your dps by "0.8212 units"

Thus you can infer..
    haste > crit > mult > mast

But also how much more each weight outweighs the next. With haste at such a demanding lead (nothing in the .9's), you should look to adding some haste.

Worth noting haste is usually higher on paper than in actuality.
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2015-08-21 at 05:52 PM.

is this a thing that happens

like, some random dude comes up to you all 'ahem yes excuse me, your gear is wrong'

those dudes can safely go straight to the ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    is this a thing that happens

like, some random dude comes up to you all 'ahem yes excuse me, your gear is wrong'

those dudes can safely go straight to the ignore list
    I wouldn't begin to profess expounding knowledge, that's rather naive. Someone telling you something that may result in better performance, why not investigate? Worst case is you find out they are an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    I wouldn't begin to profess expounding knowledge, that's rather naive. Someone telling you something that may result in better performance, why not investigate? Worst case is you find out they are an idiot...
    If somebody comes up to you and starts the conversation by telling you that you're doing things wrong, it's generally safe to say he's an idiot. It's always a good idea to research better ways of doing things, but that's not a good way of telling people they might have room to improve.