Poll: Do you own guns?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    oh yeah well i own a sovereign class starship.
    Hey, I own one myself. They're a bitch to wax, ain't they?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    These days? I wish I did. For ... reasons.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Nice? What sort of weapon is that?

I'm getting out of touch with weapons these days lol
    CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1 (9mm) - it is the civilian version of the A1, which is a true SMG, full auto and all. It is imported only as a pistol (no stock) by Ceska Zbrojovka due to the USAs bizzare importation laws regarding rifles. You can find and buy a factory stock, but you cannot install it without filling out a Form 1 to the ATF, paying a $200 fee for your tax stamp, then awaiting approval from the ATF. Approvals use to take 30 days, they are taking roughly 120 days at this point.

The EVO "pistol" as imported can be had for as low as $700 if you shop smart. I however got into the first batch to hit the US shores, so it ran be about $950 after tax. The factory stock currently is pretty rare, most people use an AR adapter to run a standard AR butt stock. That is going to run you $300-500 depending.

In a nut shell it is a semi-auto version of the SMG, everything is to spec, minus the fully automatic capability. Uses a standard 30 round 9mm magazine. (they are priced really well at $19.99 each for the 30 round variants)

The optic is called a Meprolight M21, it was designed with direct input from the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) - it is similar to an EOTech, however it is powered by tritium and fiber optic, so it does not use batteries. It is quite literally "on" 24/7 and has a shelf life of about 12-15 years before the tritium burns out. The fiber optics means it can run in high light situations infinitely. (the tritium is what powers the fiber optics when no light is present). The M21 runs about $450-525 depending on retailer.

The suppressor is an AAC Evolution-9 - sort of one of their bottom entry suppressors, I believe it cost me about $540 before tax. Then of course you have to fill out a Form 4 to send to the ATF, pay a separate $200 fee for a separate tax stamp, and again wait for approval. Until your suppressor is approved it sits in your dealers vault until you can take it home.

Here is a video on the A1, which in the US, only Class III dealers can own - but again, only difference between S1 and A1 is full auto capability;

Last edited by TITAN308; 2015-09-07 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    the undeniable clicky clack of a 12 gauge being pumped does send anyone with half a brain running for the hills.that noise alone stops 99% of people in their tracks.
    Back in 1968, my dad was all freaked out by the riots (we lived way out in the burbs so this was more than a little dumb, but whatever).

He asked a family friend who worked for the FBI what kind of gun would be good for home defense. Pump-action shotgun, he was told.

Eventually to rationalize the purchase, my dad took up trap and skeet shooting, and became really good at them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They did have a lot turned in. But they also have a very small population compared to the US which has some states with more people in them. Plus they have no Constitutional right or history of such when compared to the US. And there was the incident with the terrorists at the café not too long ago. Makes you wonder if one of the victims had been armed if that would have turned out better.

I think in America the great majority would ignore the law anyway if it was changed to the right of the states to ban handguns or firearms in general. Just as the strict handgun laws are in Chicago. At this point in the US, the cat has been out of the bag too long if you know the meaning. Mexico has a ban on handguns and required them to be turned in, but less then 40,000 have been. Out of millions in circulation. So the law there is pretty much ignored. How do you enforce such a law anyway?
    That's my question. How do they enforce that law outside a full door to door confiscation? I don't think it's possible.

And I'm curious about the Aussie one because I'd like to know if there was any push back against it and how smoothly it went.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1 (9mm) - it is the civilian version of the A1, which is a true SMG, full auto and all. It is imported only as a pistol (no stock) by Ceska Zbrojovka due to the USAs bizzare importation laws regarding rifles. You can find and buy a factory stock, but you cannot install it without filling out a Form 1 to the ATF, paying a $200 fee for your tax stamp, then awaiting approval from the ATF. Approvals use to take 30 days, they are taking roughly 120 days at this point.

The EVO "pistol" as imported can be had for as low as $700 if you shop smart. I however got into the first batch to hit the US shores, so it ran be about $950 after tax. The factory stock currently is pretty rare, most people use an AR adapter to run a standard AR butt stock. That is going to run you $300-500 depending.

In a nut shell it is a semi-auto version of the SMG, everything is to spec, minus the fully automatic capability. Uses a standard 30 round 9mm magazine. (they are priced really well at $19.99 each for the 30 round variants)

The optic is called a Meprolight M21, it was designed with direct input from the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) - it is similar to an EOTech, however it is powered by tritium and fiber optic, so it does not use batteries. It is quite literally "on" 24/7 and has a shelf life of about 12-15 years before the tritium burns out. The fiber optics means it can run in high light situations infinitely. (the tritium is what powers the fiber optics when no light is present). The M21 runs about $450-525 depending on retailer.

The suppressor is an AAC Evolution-9 - sort of one of their bottom entry suppressors, I believe it cost me about $540 before tax. Then of course you have to fill out a Form 4 to send to the ATF, pay a separate $200 fee for a separate tax stamp, and again wait for approval. Until your suppressor is approved it sits in your dealers vault until you can take it home.

Here is a video on the A1, which in the US, only Class III dealers can own - but again, only difference between S1 and A1 is full auto capability;

Man that's excellent.

How accurate is it at what range?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Its 9mm, I mean it can kill many hundreds of yards out, but effective range? Gonna have to say 100 yards max. Some people might argue 200 yards, but I dunno about all that. You can easily run a silver dollar size hole with all 30 rounds at 25 yards, standing and off hand.

- - - Updated - - -

This is 30 rounds @ 25 yards. Good luck counting 30 individual impact marks lol

This gun isn't what I would call "challenging" to shoot at typical 9mm ranges. Then again I don't buy a gun because I want a challenge, I buy a gun because its efficient at what it does.

The center ring is I think maybe 2" in diameter.

And this is with a shitty factory trigger that rates at 10.5lbs. To put things in perspective, a factory AR trigger is about 5lbs. I can only imagine how much tighter that ragged hole will get once someone develops a match or adjustable trigger.

CZ Custom also just came out with a match grade barrel as well.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2015-09-07 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's excellent.

I'm going to have to look into them a bit more. Certainly would be fun to take out to the range.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis