Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Final Fantasy 14 Has Over 5 Million Registered Accounts

Square Enix has announced its MMO Final Fantasy XIV officially has over 5 million registered accounts.

The figure includes players from around the globe, including those in Europe, North America, Japan and China, while excluding anyone who has a free trial account. Final Fantasy XIV is one of the few MMOs left on the market to still charge a monthly subscription fee, which makes this all the more impressive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...tered-accounts

Yes, and? WoW has over 100 million+ registered accounts over the years.

Get lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wording is vague. Are those active subscriptions, or players who at one time had an active subscription (IE, bought the box-- not just a two week trial)?

Granted I love the game, but I have a difficult time believing those figures could possibly be active, concurrent subscriptions.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I couldn't get into it. But good for them!

Side Note: I think I might always be sour with how amazingly designed Archeage was and how so very awfully poorly ran it was. That was the first mmo in a long time that could have been very special.

Heavensward came out with 4 bosses in total. Four.

And they are all heavily gated by gear you can only get by doing weekly quests. Yes, this is the game that people have been praising for months.

Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Get lost.
    The difference between the two is WoW does count trial accounts and FFXIV doesn't by the way.

Still a hell of a feat for both.

- - - Updated - - -

Heavensward came out with 4 bosses in total. Four.

And they are all heavily gated by gear you can only get by doing weekly quests. Yes, this is the game that people have been praising for months.

Christ.
    I guess u haven't done the world boss's or the 4mans as well. Also if ur having problems getting gear ur doing it wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Registered accounts =/= active accounts

WoW has over 100 million registered accounts.

This comparison is meaning less, if anything it shows just how far ahead WoW still is after 10 years when they have more active subs then the next closest mmo has registered accounts.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Get lost.
    <snipped>

Infracted: Spam [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-08-21 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as registered accounts is not taken for active subscribers this conversation will be fine. Congratulations to the developers and I wish them great success. Let's not confuse the difference between accounts and active subscribers. WoW probably has upwards of 70,000,000 accounts by this definition and knocking out 30% for trial accounts.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-08-21 at 04:23 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

you posted a thread about FF14 and how many accounts it has registered in the world of warcraft section instead of FF14? coincidence? nope.

OP you're just a troll, reported, and added to ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As long as registered accounts is not taken for active subscribers this conversation will be fine. Congratulations to the developers and I wish them great success. Let's not confuse the difference between accounts and active subscribers. WoW probably has upwards of 70,000,000 accounts by this definition.
    Can you do a mod edit in the OP stating it does not count trial accounts. There is already a few threads now with people pulling the "Its mostly trial accounts" crap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it was posted somewhere else in these forums, but active subs was in the 800k-1.2 million region.

The 5 million number is as useful as WoWs 100 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    A) duplicate thread
    B) http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/f...ased-mmo-33713

To be clear, the current subscriber count hasn't been announced, nor has Square Enix ever shared this figure. The five million subscriber total doesn't include trial accounts, and only those who have at one time or another paid the $12.99/$14.99 monthly fee making it a substantial feat.
    Estimates place FFXIV at around 800,000 to 1.2 million subscribers after a one million subscriber bump from February's announced total of four million, averaging at around 9,000 new players per day over four months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you do a mod edit in the OP stating it does not count trial accounts. There is already a few threads now with people pulling the "Its mostly trial accounts" crap.
    You mean as opposed to being off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I couldn't get into it. But good for them!

Side Note: I think I might always be sour with how amazingly designed Archeage was and how so very awfully poorly ran it was. That was the first mmo in a long time that could have been very special.
    OMG screw Trion for how much they ruined that amazing game, I played early alpha and my god was it an amazing game (pre-trion influence)

On topic: I think FFXIV is going to keep growing, does it have to meet WoW-level sub counts? obviously not, but if it keeps up the pace it may very well do that. Especially considering how few good MMORPGS are available at the moment. I think a turn on for many people is the cheaper sub fee option compared to other games ($12/mo for one character slot per server, or $15/mo for more.)

there is probably only around a million subs.

people are already taking breaks from ff14 waiting for the next patch btw. raid has 4 bosses and there's 2 dungeons to run atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I hate to agree with the crazy avatar guy
    It's the MIGHTY DIO!

OT: Guess pretty average then?

Registered accounts doesn't mean squat. FFXIV has closer to 2 million active subscribers in the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods, I feel sorry for them. Now, we can have a quarterly discussion about how long it will be until they close their servers. They are successful, therefore they can't be cool, therefore it is cool to hate them now.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    there is probably only around a million subs.

people are already taking breaks from ff14 waiting for the next patch btw. raid has 4 bosses and there's 2 dungeons to run atm.
    You mean 2 new dungeons to run you can run any dungeon at any level so that is wrong. There is also the primal fights and 2 modes of the raid not to mention 3 new classes, 10 added levels for existing jobs.