Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    you are literally contradicting yourself, you can pay for a boost for glad/r1 too, just fyi and that shouldn't even be considered - they should never balance ingame rewards on how easy it is to buy them LOL
    How am I contradicting myself? A PvE player cannot pay for a boost to Gladiator if they do not PvP. They won't have the gear for it or have the knowledge of how comps work and it's much harder to pick up the major slack of one person in a group of three than a group of 20. And I never said anything about balancing rewards around their ease of purchase, I'm pointing out that a PvP player can obtain both PvE and PvP end game mounts with the PvE one being earned either through a purchased guild run in the current expansion or in the following one when they can farm it whilst a PvE player cannot do the same with PvP mounts.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Generally pve rewards are all about farming them till you and your guild is done, thus why you can still generally farm them later. Pvp is seasonal, once the season is done it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    you are literally contradicting yourself, you can pay for a boost for glad/r1 too, just fyi and that shouldn't even be considered - they should never balance ingame rewards on how easy it is to buy them LOL
    Completely not even close to being the same. You know...for the fact that one is illegal and can get you banned and the other is not. Apples and oranges here. The pvper's definitely have an advantage with mounts because they can literally spend 15 minutes afk while a mythic guild gets it for them. Im not saying I agree that those mounts shouldnt be exclusive to people who have earned them with getting Gladiator...but comparing it that way is not even close.

There should just be a way to farm those old gladiator mounts, like a 1% drop on a arena/RBG box. If anyone can farm mounts like Invencible/Mimiron's Head that only the top raiders could get, can't see why it would be different for PvP mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traditionally, armored dragons have been the hallmark mount of high-end PvP rewards, likely to make up for the lack of other vanity rewards outside titles. Not to say I wouldn't mind more armored flying mounts, but they'd need to be distinct from Gladiator mounts.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Is it a slap in the face to PvE-ers if a PvP player pays a mythic guild their asking price to get the mount drop off a raid's last boss? Nope. So why can't PvE-ers have an alternate way of getting those mounts? Especially when PvP-ers have the option to get the PvE 'exclusive' mounts on farm in the following expansion.
    it's bullshit because pve mounts are simply made 1% and you can farm/buy them, but that pvp mount is removed from the game, not exactly equal.

you missed mimiron's head? np run it with 10 toons, missed a netherdrake? get fucked.

should be 1 rule for pve and pvp, not 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    There should just be a way to farm those old gladiator mounts, like a 1% drop on a arena/RBG box. If anyone can farm mounts like Invencible/Mimiron's Head that only the top raiders could get, can't see why it would be different for PvP mounts.
    exactly, didn't kill lich king heroic 25 in wotlk? np your level 100 can smash 2 buttons and possibly get it.

Deleted
    the point of these mounts is being rare

so nope

There also is the very odd "pvp mounts not account wide" thing which I don't get either. (Only exception is the vicious war mounts, I get why those aren't).

While much easier to get ofc and not expensive to buy, CM mounts and armor/weapons do go unobtainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the PvPers have their stuff. Armored variants that look amazing have been a hallmark of high ranked PvP for a long time. We PvEers get enough cool shit imo.

As long as you can actually earn the mount as opposed to buying it I'm happy. I might not ever get high enough rank to actually earn the PvP rewards, the armor and mounts, and you know what, that's on me. If I want the reward, I need to put in the time.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The problem with just doing recolors is it does devalue the mounts if one is a lot more common than another. I mean, 1st month of 6.2, tons of coalfist gronnlings out and about.

And more specifically with the glad mounts, it is a hallmark that they are armored variations of other mounts, so I don't see how you could rationalize adding one as a different difficult achieve.

They do ofc add other armored mounts but I just can't see adding a glad recolor mount anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.