Thread: Old PVP Titles

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old PVP Titles

10:40

Oh you mean like you did with RBGS??????

Does he even know they already brought them back and ruined them?

That actually is pretty funny.

Deleted
    "Ruined?" They're overall harder to get in terms of skill than they were back then. But it's kinda funny to see just how little they know about PvP.

I lol'd because they have no idea what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "Ruined?" They're overall harder to get in terms of skill than they were back then. But it's kinda funny to see just how little they know about PvP.
    No, they're not. Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg

Okay buddy.
    Super easy to just get General+ right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

Okay buddy.
    dead ladder, rating isn't inflated, you wanna know why? No one cares to play rbgs and no one cares for rating. Everyone either has their titles or has no friends that play anymore. The people who are left are late to the party, sorry.

RBGs aren't fun (PoV damage dealer and healer) and titles are crap (from 2200 to Hero, 90% smells like boosts/bugs/queued into ghost teams back in Cata/MoP), that's why no one is queuing. Everybody was queuing during Cata/Mists to get the t2 weaps/transmog/enchant the easy way but now that enchant is 2.4k you won't get it in RBGs if you're not quite dedicated to them. Add to this that you don't get a much more increased cap w/ the same rating as arena and you see that really few people really liked RBGs.

I've been between 2000 and 2200 each season while playing with friends a couple of RBGs a week since S11 except S12 cause I didn't play and the players I usually faced at those ratings are now like me, between 1700 and 1900. No-one queues anymore except LFG people who want to get a strongbox.

Deleted
    rbgs are just pve garbage

arena's always been the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    The titles in Vanilla were just a grind, it was mostly pre-made groups farming pugs, if you think that took more skill then getting rating in RBG's then you are blinded by nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    The titles in Vanilla were just a grind, it was mostly pre-made groups farming pugs, if you think that took more skill then getting rating in RBG's then you are blinded by nostalgia.
    While this is true, the Vanilla system rewarded dedication, the new RBG ranks are rewarded largely based on composition. Maybe even more so than arena because while some compositions are countered in arena, the composition in RBG's are based around the objective.

RBG's aren't more fair if you look at it from that regard. In RBG's win-trading could occur, in the vanilla system you shared account (in some cases).

Wanna guess the conclusion? Both are flawed. Yes, RBG's have more "skill" involved, but the honor system was meant to be an immersive progression-ladder for the overall WoW PvP population. Having a high rank only meant that you had progressed far, not that you had amazing skills. We who played back then knew that.

Note: it was literally almost impossible to maintain rank 13/14 without playing a lot and be somewhat decently organized (similarily to how rated BG's have to be organized to have an advantage). Being a skilled player helped alot with increasing your honor gain per week.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-08-25 at 11:54 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    He is, I have several High Warlords from classic in my Horde guild and most of them admit to it being easier in terms of skill there. All it took was an obscene ammount of time investment and a premade willing to do it with you. Heck often people account shared the person who was supposed to get the title for that week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

Okay buddy.
    top 5

254-1
    256-3
    211-0
    414-0
    202-0

Yea.. seem totally legit

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Harder?
    Let's pretend even half of the people with them around got them the legit way. They're being bought.

Oh fucking please.

Season 12, 13, 14, 15 had people in Oqueue hitting HW/GM in voiceless groups.

It's beyond delusional that pug players weren't spamming pug rbg groups and hitting rank. I'm not saying it was common, but it was happening.

Did it happen in season 9, 10, and 11? No for obvious reasons, but even then competition was actually stacked then. The rbg ladders have been a complete joke for this expansion and MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotuesday View Post
    dead ladder, rating isn't inflated, you wanna know why? No one cares to play rbgs and no one cares for rating. Everyone either has their titles or has no friends that play anymore. The people who are left are late to the party, sorry.

This.

I pugged to just over 2500 CR in cataclysm in rated bg's. My highest CR for all of WoD for rated bg's is just above 1900 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotuesday View Post
    Just as nobody cared/cares/will care about pvp. It was introduced just for retarded people, who at the time could not play any blizzard rts and wanted illusion of competing.

To get actually rank14 was WORK, it was hard work and you had to have people/guild to help you with it to maintain the honor etc. in terms of WORK and what i had or have to do, yes old titles were WAY harder to earn than it is today, today i get into a group/guild and play my handful of games every week and then when rating is reached i get the title. i do not need to farm/work/play 24/7 (literally 24/7) for the new titles. Heck, you could just pay MONEY to get the titles/rating today... so the effort used back then was much higher than it is today, just like with EVERYTHING in the game today. you don't need to do as much and as long as you had to in vanilla, thats just a fact. Thats how the game evolved over the years, more welfare Epics, more welfare reputations etc. pp. today it is so easy to get everything for everyone, in vanilla it was hard to get some stuff for the "Normal" players. Thats how it was and is.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    To get actually rank14 was WORK, it was hard work and you had to have people/guild to help you with it to maintain the honor etc. in terms of WORK and what i had or have to do, yes old titles were WAY harder to earn than it is today,
    You are right it was a lot of work, now it is less grinding and more about skill, if you think a really long grind is harder then out playing people that is fine.

Heck, you could just pay MONEY to get the titles/rating today...
    People also sold rank 14 accounts, yes it was harder to sell it because it took more time so you couldn't really do a carry like now, people buy Mythic clears does that make it any less harder for the people that do it legit?

so the effort used back then was much higher than it is today, just like with EVERYTHING in the game today. you don't need to do as much and as long as you had to in vanilla, thats just a fact. Thats how the game evolved over the years, more welfare Epics, more welfare reputations etc. pp. today it is so easy to get everything for everyone, in vanilla it was hard to get some stuff for the "Normal" players. Thats how it was and is.
    That was Vanilla, everything was a huge grind, now doing well is more about skill.

The whole misconception here about the original HW/GM grind was that a premade team just got lolhonor stomping pugs.

People who think this obviously didn't play the game back then. Or if they did, they certainly show their lack of knowledge regarding anything that was actually happening in pvp.

Back before there were even battlegroups, it was pretty much premade vs premade most of the day. That actually changed little when battlegroups came to be. Coincidentally this was also before there were timers in WSG & AB. Two good premades could be fighting for well over an hour for a single wsg win.

No deserter? Just afk out to optimum honor per hour? Well the team you forced to afk only sits in queue for 30 seconds before your team claims the win only to get queued against you again. It was a rare day for an HW/GM team to get more than 50% queue pops with pug groups than against other HW/GM groups, or premades who simply wanted to present a challenge against the HW/GM groups - that had 0 interest in rank, and only interest in having competitive play or purposely slowing down the rate of honor at which the opponent team could get.

There were a lot of those kinds of groups - more than number of HW/GM groups. And generally those groups were running around as close to BiS from MC, to BWL. In which case, those who committed to getting HW/GM were undergeared from the getgo against teams like those. Rank 12/13/14 gear was barely equivalent to the best of what BWL had to offer.

So really, getting HW/GM since season 9 until now, no there really hasn't ever been more skill involved. Even if you take out the fairy tale that there has ever been a team to get people to rank without using any mmr gimic to do so.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-08-27 at 09:42 PM.