Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rich people (multi gold cap) what do you spend your gold on?

It's quite apparent to me that I'm making way more gold than I can spend. I geared up my alts from 650-690 with 715 gear, crafted and non crafted, bought mounts, bought bags, power leveled professions and I'm still making more money. I have no idea what to spend gold on. I've been wanting to gold cap the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent or at least drop a good amount on that but it never shows up in the AH. I think T3 is a waste and is tacky. I already have a Swift Spectral Tiger and Magic Rooster. I bought the Grand Expedition Mount. I'm lost on what I can spend my gold on. What do you guys spend your gold on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet baby jesus, how do you make so much gold?

the t3 of the black market ah, have had the class restrictions removed so you can get a off class set, saw a war with the paladin set was takes a doulbe take.

Deleted
    or better yet
    for someone that quit in the first patch, if i wanted to come back how do i go about farming money to afford those sub cards?
    or it requires long grinds?

- - - Updated - - -

shameless shameless bump

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have 5.75M on my main server and no one is posting TCG mounts (I already have 9 mounts but I have to make golds on another server to buy them) so i'm waiting for BMAH to show something interesting since making more money have no puspose for me at this point
    Last edited by S7orm; 2015-08-22 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    or better yet
    for someone that quit in the first patch, if i wanted to come back how do i go about farming money to afford those sub cards?
    or it requires long grinds?

- - - Updated - - -

shameless shameless bump
    My best advice is think like a Goblin. Everything can be made into gold. Sell everything you're not using and if you need or want something, think if it's worth the gold i.e. Felblight Blood to get better gear.

If you can sell your Felblight Blood every week from Kazzak, have a Garrison full of Treasure Hunter traits you should be able to make enough to afford subscription.

Alts definitely help, but I don't recommend them for the sake of people's lives. There comes a point where is making a couple gold worth hours, days and weeks out of your life? I wouldn't recommend having a full, or even half, server full of characters at max level just to help make gold.

I fund my guild. No one really pays for repairs, flasks, food, most crafting mats, etc. That's about 100k/month.
    I also pick 15 among my active, better performing raiders and give them a token's worth of gold. That's somewhere around 350-375k/month.
    Mounts and pets are nice but since I can get them whenever I want, I don't see any value to them (or much of anything) anymore.

Deleted
    Got myself Sha mount couple months ago for gold cap, been saving up since.

Deleted
    The Sha of Anger mount is well worth the gold cap, problem is seeing it in the black market. I have had the gold cap ready since day 1 of the expansion and didn't miss a BMAH reset ever since but haven't seen the mount yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Sweet baby jesus, how do you make so much gold?
    I have 5 max level garrisons with level 3 inn in each, enough Treasure Hunters to cover all possible missions, and another garrison on the way on a sixth alt.
    They nerfed the missions but the gold income is still absurd.

Right now? Nothing because short of the 4 TCG mounts that will probably never show up on my AH there's nothing I want.

Whatever I want I'm siting on a pretty decent amount of gold and if I see it and like it I buy it. The ah is my favorite mini game within WoW and has afforded me to buy most t/c game mounts, rare pets and whatever gear I happen to want or need at the moment and don't feel like farming myself.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    T3 items on BMAH.

I just sell it. There's literally fuck all to buy in game for me now, I maybe miss a couple t3 items and I'd buy the Magic Rooster if it ever came up on my realm, but other than that gold is 100% useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I had a bit over million gold on my account before unsubbing, but that was only because i never spend it in anything. Was not interested in mounts/pets/boosts. 40k token (EU) is still too much for me. I would pay 10k for token. I know, it's absurd.

Nothing, because nothing good ever shows up on my server's BMAH and if it does there's like 10 people always there at 2:30AM ready to cap it.

I'll probably just buy CM carries for my last few alts that didn't get to do them with our group.

I'm a raider and not much else, so my biggest interest is in buying more powerful gear, but since I'm decked out in heroic HFC gear and the BMAH now only has heroic level gear, there's nothing at all for me to buy. So my gold just keeps piling up - past 2.4 million atm. I really wish they'd raise the gold cap - it was reasonable in prior expansions but is way too low with how easy gold is to make now, and if they don't raise it for Legion players might be forced to sell it on the "black market".

Do what I do, buy a shit ton of pets, my pet tab is worth 5million + gold, its still worth something, and some pets go up in value like TCG ones. I can essentially use it to trade gold to other realms.

Deleted
    I gave it all away, a million here, a million there, then quit the game.

Fast forward 9 months, I felt the urge to play again (damn this accursed addiction). Started last Sunday evening, am back at 350k-ish gold from scratch, just collecting leftover pieces here and there, exploring 6.2 content so far. It's... slow. For sure I'd say having gold is the prerequisite for earning gold (I mean millions, not cheap change like this). Here Piketty is 100% right: r>>>g all day, any day.

Honestly though, if you want to be a multimillionaire and don't have a couple hundred thousand gold for the nest egg and/or don't fancy having to spend ungodly hours flipping thousands of items on AH, get good at the game. Sell Rated BG boosts (EZ mode - sell Arena boosts). Sell raid boosts (if you're not in a very good raiding guild already, you likely won't get to sell HC runs too soon, but get a good group together and sell normal clears, there's oodles of cash to be made on that too). Sell gold challenge modes. After a few months you will shit gold like the Lannisters.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2015-08-23 at 03:02 PM.

I sell mine for amazon gift cards or paypal money. Not much in game I want/need anymore.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.