Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

6.2.2. Patch notes miss an essential part

Warlock

Affliction

*Haunt damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP Combat.
    *Unstable Affliction's damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP Combat.

There.

Am I the only one around here who thinks that mages are just as OP as warlocks? I mean, comet storm + 2 novas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Am I the only one around here who thinks that mages are just as OP as warlocks? I mean, comet storm + 2 novas anyone?
    but they are mages!

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    but they are mages!
    That sums it up.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mage's damage is much easier to avoid and lock down.

Affli doing absolutely insane damage on top of their survivability and CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Corruption now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
    Affliction
    Agony now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
    Unstable Affliction now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
    It's good to be a prophet. ^^

also the lock just puts dots on the whole team, while spamfearing a targets thats not on fear dr (without resetting his dots)

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    but they are mages!
    Great answer. If you don't wanna get nerfed, reroll to mage guys!

Deleted
    wow didnt notice that

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Not really; their self-healing is weak at best and they're more glass-cannon now than they were for a while. Their damage is high but they'll drop quite fast once IB is down. Fear is still the best CC in the game because it doesn't immediately break on damage and it's spammable. They nerfed tremor totem, a fear breaker, which no longer usable when feared so that is a big buff to any class that has a fear ability. Locks have very strong self-healing and are quite tanky. Afflic has been having too much fun at the expense of everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Not really; their self-healing is weak at best and they're more glass-cannon now than they were for a while. Their damage is high but they'll drop quite fast once IB is down. Fear is still the best CC in the game because it doesn't immediately break on damage and it's spammable. They nerfed tremor totem, a fear breaker, which no longer usable when feared so that is a big buff to any class that has a fear ability. Locks have very strong self-healing and are quite tanky. Afflic has been having too much fun at the expense of everyone else.
    if you think being an affliction warlock is fun in this trash melee meta I have some bad news for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Frost Mage's damage is much easier to avoid and lock down.

Affli doing absolutely insane damage on top of their survivability and CC.
    Fear is such a good cc, top warlocks hardly even use it in 3v3.

Rbgs are trash, so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    if you think being an affliction warlock is fun in this trash melee meta I have some bad news for you
    Aff locks do well when they're in a group that can peel for them, or at least draw some fire. Nobody is going to excel getting hammered by melee.

Fear is such a good cc, top warlocks hardly even use it in 3v3.

Rbgs are trash, so who cares.
    Really? I have yet to run into those teams at 2316 rating, and RBGS provide the same rewards as 3v3. Personally, I think rated pvp is "trash" because they give you an individual rating based on what is a group effort. Instead of that they should just make pvp more about fun rather than some silly "esport".

Not really; their self-healing is weak at best and they're more glass-cannon now than they were for a while.
    Are you on drugs or what ? Mages aren't glass-cannon at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Are you on drugs or what ? Mages aren't glass-cannon at all right now.
    Are you kidding? They used to be able to lock a melee down and 100-0 them without being touched. Now there's plenty of back-and-forth, enough that the better player can come ahead...and yes, they are glass cannons because without IB they drop fast and hard. Do you even know what a glass cannon is?

I saw the nerf to Druids and was like THANK YOU.

Arcane mages are going to take druids places I think.. Fire and Frost I think are in an OK place.

Are you kidding? They used to be able to lock a melee down and 100-0 them without being touched. Now there's plenty of back-and-forth, enough that the better player can come ahead...and yes, they are glass cannons because without IB they drop fast and hard. Do you even know what a glass cannon is?
    Yes and mages aren't glass-cannon at all. They really were glass-cannon in Cata, but they're not anymore. Flameglow, iceblock healing (were you even playing when you had to channel evocation to get some health back ?), two different magic school CC (LOL) and a 30-sec range stun, well no, mages are quite tanky when properly using the toolkit, if you think otherwise you're doing it wrong.

And I lol'd hard at "without IB they drop fast and hard". What about spriest w/o dispersion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks don't need a nerf, Enhance does.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Yes and mages aren't glass-cannon at all. They really were glass-cannon in Cata, but they're not anymore. Flameglow, iceblock healing (were you even playing when you had to channel evocation to get some health back ?), two different magic school CC (LOL) and a 30-sec range stun, well no, mages are quite tanky when properly using the toolkit, if you think otherwise you're doing it wrong.

And I lol'd hard at "without IB they drop fast and hard". What about spriest w/o dispersion ?
    I don't see many mages running flame glow, and IB healing requires a glyph...plus IB which is a long CD. Yes, I did play as a mage when mages did evo-healing and that was arguably more difficult to pull off since it could be interrupted and evo had a long CD.

Spriests can direct heal, have a very short CD bubble, probably better mobility and passive damage mitigation that does not require any glyph or talent selection. Spriest damage also does not rely on the target being frozen or rooted, so they can keep DPS pressure up more easily than mages.

Mages do drop fast when IB is on CD - if you're having problems with them then you are doing it wrong. Nobody is saying that glass cannons cannot be competitive, but you're in denial if you think mages are pvp tanks. ESP in group situations where getting away from one player means they're immediately hammered on by another.

I have no problem with mages 1v1, but against a decent spriest I'll actually have to make some effort and even go so far as to use a CD or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Locks don't need a nerf, Enhance does.
    MmmmK.

Spriests also get healed back for the exact damage they deal with DP. The only two specs I play in PvP is Shadow and Frost Mage, and Mage is hands down more squishy, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Spriests also get healed back for the exact damage they deal with DP. The only two specs I play in PvP is Shadow and Frost Mage, and Mage is hands down more squishy, not even close.
    Have you considered that maybe it is only that you are a better player as a shadow priest than as a frost mage? As a feral I will face a shadow priest over a mage anytime.