Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Pls no. That's just a lot of useless space being used for physical buttons that are totally useless for anything different than playing games. Making the total blueprint enormous or your screen minuscule if you want a normal sized device. Phones are still phones before being consoles, the best alternative is what Sony made:
    Until NGage type phones are more popular you will never see mobile gaming ever be taken serious. You wouldn't want to carry a gamepad with you where ever you go just to play a quick game. Sony has done similar devices that are more built-in. Considering how many people play games on their phones it should be a sought after feature, but I imagine that nobody likes to carry a device around that looks like something you give to your kids cause of the stigma of looking like a gamer.

Speaking of useless space how is this a good use of screen restate vs QWERTY phones which with a little effort could be given a layout that's also good for gaming and typing. Yet today we're all about brick style phones made popular by Apple and we think it's innovative when in reality it's just cheaper to make.

And yea it's way off topic but I really hate the state of today’s smart phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that has always puzzled me, Microsoft did a new Direct X 12. Why now? I feel like not much changes(Until 12 obviously). At least as long as I have been gaming, there hasn't been too much changes, more subtle stuff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to understand.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Maybe finally they will be some shift in hardware, since for years in have been nvidia, maybe it will finally it will change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Something that has always puzzled me, Microsoft did a new Direct X 12. Why now?
    Because we've somewhat hit a brick wall in terms of what previous APIs could do on CPUs and theres no signs of it going away. Per-core CPU power gains has decreased significantly the last half decade or so - and that means that the previous API which was both CPU heavier and less tolerant of multi-threading was gonna become a bigger and bigger limitation.

I'm not sure what you're expecting thats 'not-subtle'. Current APIs can already do everything 'non-subtle' - and its inevitable that as graphics get better, improvements become more difficult to see: 'subtle'. The things you're probably thinking of are not an API limitation, but a simple case of it just being plain expensive to calculate.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2015-10-27 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Because you don't use your phone in landscape mode to type. It's completely counter intuitive on how much you can see on-screen just like 16:9 monitors.

If anything, the BB priv has a good physical layout. But honestly speaking virtual keyboards are great now, they're most likely faster if you use one with a good auto-correct algorithm and a phone with a decent touchscreen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Because we've somewhat hit a brick wall in terms of what previous APIs could do on CPUs and theres no signs of it going away. Per-core CPU power gains has decreased significantly the last half decade or so - and that means that the previous API which was both CPU heavier and less tolerant of multi-threading was gonna become a bigger and bigger limitation.

I'm not sure what you're expecting thats 'not-subtle'. Current APIs can already do everything 'non-subtle' - and its inevitable that as graphics get better, improvements become more difficult to see: 'subtle'. The things you're probably thinking of are not an API limitation, but a simple case of it just being plain expensive to calculate.
    That's what I was looking for, thank you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's what I was looking for, thank you.
    There is also the fun of being able to use an AMD and Nvidia card together.

http://anandtech.com/show/9740/direc...n-mgpu-preview

I'd like to see a test using a dedicated video card with integrated graphics, if it is possible of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Because you don't use your phone in landscape mode to type. It's completely counter intuitive on how much you can see on-screen just like 16:9 monitors.
    Except that my hands aren't small enough to accurately hit the buttons without a mistake. Hence landscape mode.
    If anything, the BB priv has a good physical layout. But honestly speaking virtual keyboards are great now, they're most likely faster if you use one with a good auto-correct algorithm and a phone with a decent touchscreen.
    That's just as bad for me. I have no problem using "OK GOOGLE" as that works faster and more accurate but in public I look like an ass hat using it. Also I can use QWERTY for gaming like I used to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    There is also the fun of being able to use an AMD and Nvidia card together.

http://anandtech.com/show/9740/direc...n-mgpu-preview

I'd like to see a test using a dedicated video card with integrated graphics, if it is possible of course.
    SFR, split frame rendering, is what you're asking for. It's part of DX12 also.
    This is AFR, alternate frame rendering, in DX12 it's no longer a clusterfuck hacky SLI/CF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Except that my hands aren't small enough to accurately hit the buttons without a mistake. Hence landscape mode.
    That's the trick, you don't need to. As long as you hit anything close the keyboard should be able to correct you. My hands aren't small either but I suppose yours also aren't for the current ~5.7" inches phones.
    That's just as bad for me. I have no problem using "OK GOOGLE" as that works faster and more accurate but in public I look like an ass hat using it. Also I can use QWERTY for gaming like I used to do.
    It slides upwards and downwards to cover the keyboard, it still looks silly but all the physical keyboard ones look silly.