Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Actually I think this is pretty good representation considering that they were only released last xpac. When you have so many people that have come back from WoD who were previously not subbed through MoP. What should be alarming is the rogue representation a class that has been present since the beginning. It may give credence to some of the rogue concerns regarding lack of uniqueness across specs and even class identity.
    True, but these aren't new or exciting numbers. Monks barely topped out at 6% for max level characters back in MoP. The classes that have actually a hit this expansion are Mages and Priests, with Warriors having the biggest gains.

It would be useful to have a cumulative version of those graphs (i.e, what percentage of the total population is <= a given value.)

The class that seems to require addons to be semi decent at doing damage (monk) is the least played. Surprise big not

10+ Year Old Account
    I forsee a time in the not too distant future where Ghostcrawler either decides he's sick of talking about WoW or Blizz quietly asks him to stop talking about the game, either way he will stop talking about WoW, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    and no one's pointed out they screwed up the colours in the graph?

ED: the whole graph is shit..

what does the percentage even mean?.. it says % of total, but... do you have to get the average % of each class to get their overall representation percentage?

it says say 5.74, 5.24, 5.05, 4.87, 4.86, 5.12, 5.34 or 36.22%

does this mean that 63.78% of all monks are <level 100 (or at least less than....

wait no, the 5.74 is 'all'

so what do the other percentages mean?
    so Hunters OVERALL are 13.61% of the population, but out of ALL the people with an ilvl of 710+ only 12.91% are Hunters.

And GG blizz, introduce another melee leather class when monks and rogues are already the lowest represented. I still don't get what is wrong with Demon Hunters wearing mail when shamans and hunters do. I mean ALL the NE looked like they wear the same type in WC3. If Tyranda and those archers iare wearing mail why can't Illidan's pants be also.

Quote Originally Posted by moffin View Post
    Just my opinion ofc but I think the release of the DH will hit the monk-community a lot harder than the rogue one. We don't know much about the new class yet but from what we've seen it looks more similar to monk with a DPS/tank option. Rogues still have the whole stealth aspect which I'm sure is the main reason most rogues are playing rogue to begin with.

I'm a hunter myself and have been for nearly 10 years. I like the fact that I can handle most stuff on my own without the need of a friend to help, bows are cool weapons and I like collecting and naming different pets. Class power never bothered me much and I don't PVP. It's slightly annoying that so many people seem to think all hunters play hunter because "it's easy" or "they're OP" it's like you totally missed what a unique class it is in this game, it's simply going to appeal to some people.
    Hunters get a bad rep from the huntards running around, is the reality. I know there are damned good hunters playing, I ran into them and had a few in my guild, but the overwhelming majority of them are kids running around being douchenozzles and going "I'm Legolas, pew pew!", or they're playing the class because it's EZMode.

It's why I've never been able to level one - even if you try to be good, people treat you differently when on a hunter alt.

I get the pet class thing - i learned it with my Lock. But I just can't level a hunter.

PS - I'm getting a serious case of deja vu here with this thread, like an exact thread like this happened 6 months ago. Same complaints about ghost crawler, same complaints about the graph...I had to check to make sure it wasn't a necroed thread.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2015-08-24 at 05:58 PM.

Looks like Monks are catching up with Rogues. I'd imagine when Demon Hunters are out then Rogue numbers will decline even further.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's why I've never been able to level one - even if you try to be good, people treat you differently when on a hunter alt.
    You know that's right... This one time I was on a hunter, the tank died, so I manually pressed my growl keybind to get the boss off the healer and save the day.

Then the healer starts bitching me out in /instance for using Growl.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Looks like Monks are catching up with Rogues. I'd imagine when Demon Hunters are out then Rogue numbers will decline even further.
    Nah. Rogues have actually increased their proportion in relation to Monks since the end of MoP. It was 6.6% Rogues, 6.1% Monks at the end of MoP; now it's 7.1% Rogues, 5.7% Monks.

If I still had the mobility on my lock I had in MoP I'd be playing it, so now hunter's my main and I occasionally dust off the lock. I'm worried that Blizzard will just nerf hunters rather than making casters fun again.
    Last edited by DonRobbie; 2015-08-24 at 07:52 PM. Reason: autocowrerck

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Currently active spec? Not perfect but pretty close for this purpose?
    That's not really a good measure... I mean my monk's main spec is Mistweaver, I have over a 700 ilvl

But my os is WW I use that for running dalies, farming old raids for transmog... no crafted gear in this spec (have neck, weapon, trinket for healing spec), still have blue 650 dropped in tannan weapon... so basically my os has shit gear because well I don't care it's her off spec, I never raid or do dungeons in it.

But 90% of the time when I log out it's after doing dallies, or running an old raid (still need 1 more piece for my firelands look-alike transmog set), farming felblight... so it'll show her in her shitty dps gear. So I go from being in the 700+ monks to the 650ish monks just because of the ilvls of things like the weapons, ring, and back which are spec specific (and I really can't be bothered with doing too much)

Quote Originally Posted by moffin
    Just my opinion ofc but I think the release of the DH will hit the monk-community a lot harder than the rogue one.
    I'm thinking they will hit the DKs more than any other class... because a DH is basically just the new DK. Monks are great (I main one, I should know) but they are nor a hero class. DH's are a hero class and I'm sure every one who made a DK to faceroll with back in LK is going to make one and we'll see that dynamic drop down a little bit. As it's a DPS/Tank class, vs monk who has a healer as well and there will still be that advantage to them over a pure dps or a dps tank class like DK or Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why are there so many hunters...? I reall don't get what people see in that class, other than it being easy.
    It's easy, It's not gimped in a fight where you have to move, the dps is competative and they're good in PvP. They don't have a single weakness except for self heals but meh.

I wouldn't say the class was fun though, it's just effective, and I'm not someone who wants to give up the fun for "Having it all"

If Blizzard had half a brain they'd reward the harder to play classes with the highest dps. Monks and ferals should be destroying the charts. Instead you have the easiest most brain dead class (hunters) topping logs. It's asinine. Why should I play a harder class when I'm rewarded with bottom dps? They've been doing this bullshit forever. Remember mages in wrath pressing arcane blast over and over and winning?

I'm sure people have already said this, but I'll add my voice: would love to see these same stats split out by spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'm getting a serious case of deja vu here with this thread, like an exact thread like this happened 6 months ago. Same complaints about ghost crawler, same complaints about the graph...I had to check to make sure it wasn't a necroed thread.
    Yep it's the two most annoying comments you see around here. If anyone here is having issues reading the graphs they should probably buy a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    and no one's pointed out they screwed up the colours in the graph?

ED: the whole graph is shit..

what does the percentage even mean?.. it says % of total, but... do you have to get the average % of each class to get their overall representation percentage?

it says say 5.74, 5.24, 5.05, 4.87, 4.86, 5.12, 5.34 or 36.22%

does this mean that 63.78% of all monks are <level 100 (or at least less than....

wait no, the 5.74 is 'all'

so what do the other percentages mean?
    I'd guess that it means for the [all item level] bar it means that out of all the level 100s there is only x%. like for monks only 5.74% of the level 100s are monks. for the Ilvl + areas it means out of all the people at this level there are x%class. out of all the people at Item Level 710+ only 5.34% of them are monks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You likely need to calibrate your monitor's color. Windows has something built in, just search for calibrate color.

Colors appear to be fine to me. Bars are class colors and legend colors are unrelated. 5.74 means that 5.74% of all level 100 characters are monks. The 5.24% is 5.24% of all level 100 characters with an item level of 655 or higher are monks, and so on. It is pretty clear to me.

We post non Blizzard game news several times each month when space allows or it is important.
    Nah, it`s fked up. Just check the color description under the bars like grey-all, white-655+, pinkish or skinlike - 660+, etc. The bars supposed to be different color at each class, like the description says, but instead they did 1 color/class (like 1 bar at monk is grey - all, then 1 white-655+, then 1 green-675+, etc)

I think representation by spec is much more interesting than by class. Although, it would be more difficult to determine what a character's "main spec" is.

Deleted
    Though this isn't an ideal way to measure things, it's been interesting to me to compare these numbers with the chart from 6.0.2 to spot trends. Shaman and Priest numbers down, the former likely to Ele and Enh deemed to be subpar DPS (as has been mentioned, a spec based chart might reveal a high percentage of resto). With Priests, Shadow has been looked down on since MoP, we have fights we can shine on but they are few and far between. Because of the way our talents interact with stats, Blizz struggle to balance the spec to account for extra orb generation. For healing Priests, Disc being perceived as the only viable spec has pushed the Holy Priest community into a spec they don't enjoy, or into a different class entirely.

Hits to the Warlock population to be expected when their current iteration is measured against them being King of the Castle in SoO, combined with the Demonology clusterfuck. Rogues actually saw a small gain vs 6.0.2 possibly due to their niche DPS actually not being bad (just inconvenient to keep switching on a fight by fight basis). I enjoy my Monk alt but agree they are needlessly complex when placed alongside their peers in each role. Their niche toolkit seems to fit mythic well though judging by the upturn in well geared vs baleful kit. Can't really explain the gain in Warrior numbers, if I was to hazard a guess I'd say it's a relatively simple rotation (I'm looking at you, Arms) producing great results.

Druid/Hunter/Pally triumvirate no surprise to anyone really.
    Last edited by mmoc8ffb480d24; 2015-08-24 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    woah that wildfail shop scam... you like 1 skin but you have to buy 10 shitty ones to unlock it , and then buy it aswell... brilliant