Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitw2636 View Post
    Hmm, that youtube video just made me go from somewhat curious to no thanks...looked incredibly slow, though WoW low level combat looks boring too.
    Low lvl PvE is horrible in FFXIV, pre 48+ are extremely annoying to go through. Open World PvE is slightly less boring because you can summon your Chocobo to help you out with healing/dealing damage (tanking doesn't work so well)

If you want to play a faster paced class I'd recommend DRG/MNK/NIN, as they have several different oGCDs unlike casters (and physical range turned into semi casters in HW). You'll start to like the longer cooldowns because some skills will deal more damage depending on whether you flank your enemy or attack it from the rear (you'll end up "dancing" around the mob)
    The game is still affected by ability-bloat, as a DRG for example I have ~20 skills to press frequently that are all part of the rotation (combo system), while some classes have to manage stances and dance in and out of them.
    It's alot more complex than WoW (for example) when it comes to rotations and each class' rotation feels different.

But I'm not going to lie, the combat is really slow, boring and easy in the beginning. Way more than in most MMOs you know.
    You basically start to learn your endgame rotation from lvl 1 onwards, getting another piece of the puzzle every 2-4 levels or so with some huge jumps at certain points (lvl 30+ and lvl 50+)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-08-24 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm confused. Do you, or do you not, have to do PvP to get relic or zodiac weapons? and to what extent? is it like GW2 where you need to get a pretty high rank and a bunch of currency? or is it like WoW where you just need to win 2 battlegrounds?
    PVP is an afterthought in this game hell they don't even have dueling

No you actually NEVER need to pvp EVER AT ALL FOR PVE

Basically pvp has it's own armor and it's own achievements that are completely unrelates to pve abd outside of pvp FAR weaker(basically stat buffs itself for pvp)

The relic is pure pve the raids pure pve dungeons pure pve pvp is liteeally it's own side game

As for dodging you should be good and some fights like titan need it buuut there are REALLY obvious markers AND the community overall gets that there is a learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitw2636 View Post
    Hmm, that youtube video just made me go from somewhat curious to no thanks...looked incredibly slow, though WoW low level combat looks boring too.
    Yes that is correct. The combat is very slow, until 40 -50 depending on the job and when you unlock certains abilities. In addition to that, the GCD can be sped up with skill speed stat.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Skill_Speed

I am currently a level 51 ninja and I still find combat slow without my self speed buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    1) Can you move out a red box on the floor? That is all the dodging required.
    2) Most people do not pvp at all you have to specially que to do it. There is no open world PVP

Frontlines which is similar to Wintergrasp is incredibly fun pvp.. There is no world PVP though.