Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Need more orc famles. They look amazing in ALL armor no matter the class. It just fits so well on them.
    You're not the first person to say this, but I'd not be surprised.

So 20% of the population is a single race and Blizzard doesn't see a problem with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So 20% of the population is a single race and Blizzard doesn't see a problem with this?
    You do realize that people play alts, and that many people who pvp on Alliance play human because of the disproportionate racial they have (which is finally going to be changed coming in Legion)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    <- Female dwarf represent. Because I can.
    Makes me want to dust mine off. I used to play a Female Dwarf Pally in Cata named Rahrspawn.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Thing is, I've yet to see an MMO where Humans WEREN'T the majority race. Even if they didn't have EMFH, they would still be the majority race on WoW.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-08-25 at 02:58 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Araielle View Post
    Wow, 20% humans... because pvp? :/
    Alliance has always been the slightly more popular faction. Humans have been the most popular race since vanilla. Blood Elves have been the most popular Horde race by far (I think they were like 3 to 1 at one point) since TBC.

Has nothing to do with game mechanics and everything to do with people in general preferring avatars that aesthetically appear like a normal person (albeit a bodybuilder or a supermodel).

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Thing is, I've yet to see an MMO where Humans WEREN'T the majority race. Even if they didn't have EMFH, they would still be the majority race on WoW.
    Pretty sure this goes beyond MMOs. Every RPG in general that had race options tended to be human dominated... well those that bothered to collect and publish those statistics anyway.

As for WoW. My Dwarf Female Warlock is one of my favorite and most played characters. She is the only one I've bothered to get all professions to max on, anyway. I'd probably play her a lot more if it weren't for my frustration with the warlock class atm.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    You do realize that people play alts, and that many people who pvp on Alliance play human because of the disproportionate racial they have (which is finally going to be changed coming in Legion)
    To add to this, there is also the issue of Humans being..well..Humans.

Even in RPGs without real racial differences except looks the "Human" race is usually the most often picked one. SImply because there is a large group of people who are more comfortable with playing something "familiar" instead of a spacegoat or a ped pandabear.

Chaud, have you done any stats when it comes to race per class? Like how many of all hunters are human, blood elf, dwarf, etc.

"Buhu, humans are the most popular because of the racial". God im tired of seeing this. I have 11 Alliance characters and most of them are human female. Do i PvP on all of them? Hell no! But i like the looks of them, and the animation. The new human female models looks fantastic in my opinion. Looks is the most important part for me in WoW, which is why i could NEVER play Horde again. Can't stand seeing Taurens everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 10 human female level 90+ and I do not PvP..

I play this race because I liked the model. That's it!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    GC pretty much confirmed WoW's playerbase is worse than LoL's?
    Yes because talking shit about the playerbase of company you currently work for is something you do over the one you dont anymore.

How much of an impact(if any) do you think Activision has had on the creative process of Blizzard?
    None. (OccupyGStreet)
    I have a really hard time believing that, since "release it when it's done", seems to have died just about exactly the time Activition got its claws into Blizzard.

Deleted
    9 years ago I played horde with my undead female priest (main) and my orc female shaman (the only female orc in AV); when in my realm horde faction dies, I leved up again my classes (SP, shaman and mage) in alliance faction.

The first of all was my dwarf female priest (love her) and later, in cata finally, I could play dwarf shaman and dwarf mage...and leved up 2 more fem dwarves.
    Dwarves are the only race that I can enjoy in alliance faction, and females more than males, they r strong women and have alot of personality and awesome hairstyles (plus they have incredibles animations for casters and melees classes).

Everybody tell me "another dwarf fem?" and no ones question the other players that have ...mmmmm... 7 human females charas? terrible.
    Luckily, since cata, dwarves have all combo classes except druid, thx Blizzard

pd: my paladin is a fem dwarf too
    pd2: I hate humans in every fantasy game...boredddddddd raceeeeeeeeeee...

With humans being so popular, it's no surprise. People play with what's familiar and what's easiest to relate to. Others have said the same thing. I remember when Dragon Age Inquisition was still in development. At one point, there were only going to be humans, then dwarves and elves got added. After some begging, qunari also got added. Reason why Bioware was going to only go with humans (like they did with Dragon Age 2) was because so few players played the other races in Dragon Age Origins. It wasn't worth the development time and money for them to add something that appealed to a tiny percentage of the player base. Ultimately, they changed their mind which was likely due to the game being given another year of development. If the game came out a year sooner, humans would have likely been the only playable race.

I have a single human female in WoW. I do not PvP on her. She's a mage. Reason I picked human and a mage was because I liked the casting animation. On the odd chance I do PvP, it's on a draenei shaman or a blood elf paladin and both are healing so sitting in the back trying to avoid getting noticed. I don't use arcane torrent on my paladin as a result since I'm rarely in the fray. My shaman is the one I've PvPed on the most and shamans suck in PvP. Draenei also don't have a real PvP racial. So just because I have a human mage doesn't mean that's the one I PvP on. Try (or rather fail) harder.

I'd suggest not to look much into humans having a higher percentage. Humans will ALWAYS be the most common race in any game with multiple races. It's just how many of us work. We go for what we can relate to. Not everyone can branch off and relate to a furry wolf or a cow or some alien from another world. And don't assume because you know one person who plays a race for a given reason that EVERYONE who plays that race plays it for the same reason. Don't assume. It only makes you look like an ass. Get the whole picture and not what YOU think is the reason. There's always more to the story than what there appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So many people are unaware that female Orcs have the best model in the entire game.
    Lol agree 100%. I have multiple female orcs. All bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Chaud, have you done any stats when it comes to race per class? Like how many of all hunters are human, blood elf, dwarf, etc.
    I could add a table to this news or tonight's with that data if I have time and remember. It is very quick / easy for me to get.

Remind me if it doesn't appear in the next few days.

These gender stats are funny as hell to me, because something like 90% of my mains have been male draenei, male blood elves and female orcs.

Do people actually believe everyone rolls human because of a racial that is a mostly a pvp thing which is a small part of what most people do? People roll human because they are human in real life and they are just more comfortable with idea of playing human in a fantasy game. More glaring is 15% horde rolling Blood Elf..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all surprising that there are more female night elves, draenei, and blood elves than there are males.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Do people actually believe everyone rolls human because of a racial that is a mostly a pvp thing which is a small part of what most people do? People roll human because they are human in real life and they are just more comfortable with idea of playing human in a fantasy game. More glaring is 15% horde rolling Blood Elf..
    Thats because female BELFs look sexy and male BELFs look like females.