Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Personally I believe Demo is the easiest of the three. Sure, Affliction and Destruction aren't exactly difficult to play in their own right but they have some mechanics that separate good warlocks from great ones, namely dot maintenance on multiple targets for Aff and fast-paced decision making with havoc for Destro. Both are pretty straightforward and intuitive but actually executing it well all of the time can be challenging. For demo, where is the challenge? Making sure you don't sit at the wrong angle on the bench and get a splinter?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    It was to drive us away from Demo so they have less shouting to deal with when they announced Demon Hunters. That's the real reason. Cause we're all DPS whores.
    Totally agree. See Survival Hunters nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Totally agree. See Survival Hunters nerf.
    To be fair, I can see them roll a lot of what people like about SV into MM. I could see them combine Chimaera with Black Arrow and Aimed with Explosive in some form or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I have no idea why you guys think a debate about which spec is more difficult to master has any place in this thread.

I'd say aff or destro are more easy to step into, I'm not sure which would be easier to watch tv while playing though as both have things you need to constantly keep track of to not see huge dips in dps, and different minds work differently so he might find tracking embers easier than tracking dots or vice versa.

As far as play I'd recommend just looking up an icy-veins guide, its pretty damned good information for getting started and you can absolutely do well following one of those guides.

As far as UI goes, weak auras is probably the best addon in the game. There's gonna be a bit of a learning curve there but he'll be able to make weak auras to track any relevant things he needs to do well as any spec. Procs are an obvious big one, as well as 2ndary resource (embers or shards), dots, charges, cooldowns, etc.
    My mouth just exploded with how delicious that irony was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    To be fair, I can see them roll a lot of what people like about SV into MM. I could see them combine Chimaera with Black Arrow and Aimed with Explosive in some form or other.
    That would piss all over the "class fantasy" idea they've got. From that perspective, your idea makes no sense.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-09-08 at 07:14 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a hard one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    That would piss all over the "class fantasy" idea they've got. From that perspective, your idea makes no sense.
    Why? They're clearly making MM all about Bow & Arrow. So why not have some explosive arrows in there?

Deleted
    Personally i find destruction to be quite boring when playing it on progress, really the only change from pull to pull is your trinket procs and w/e 2/4-set procs you may have. My personal favourite is definoutly affliction, it just feels alot more fast paste when playing, even though this can be very simple on straight single target fights it just changes alot on multi-dotting/aoe fights!
    Never been a big fan of Demonology so i dont mind them changing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    My mouth just exploded with how delicious that irony was.
    I'm confused as to where you're finding irony in the bold parts.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Affliction many would say destruction but I disagree.

As a whole though Lock is a tougher class than A warrior/Rogue/Mage if you ask me.

I would avoid Demo because while it use to be about pets now its about demon form and Blizzard has recently taken up a vendetta against demo spec, they think its too hard, should be too hard they keep nerfing it, they want the average person to avoid it for raiding.

Destruction really isnt viable in PVP you can skate by in RBGs and random bgs but in arena you will get sat on and interrupted left and right.

Over time Wow has just become a melee friendly world and thats unlikely to change once demon hunters come out.

My lock is still 74 have not played her in quite some time because frankly I don't like any of the 3 warlock specs.

Locks have ALOT of buttons and take tremendous skill to play.

Affliction hands down. Only depth affl ever had was snapshot procs. Now that's gone it's a joke.

Destruction is easy as pie. i Love destruction spec, its like a Fire Mage with Balls.
    With some addons you don't even need to may much attention if you can move out of fire and do mechanics.

While i think its good to make specs easier to play for everyone. i need to say that i miss Destruction from Cataclysm, hardest spec to play but it was very satisfatory to play.

Affliction is easy too, but requires you to keep track of DoTs. if you have no problem with that it's almost as easy as Destro.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

destruction > affliction > demonology.
    At least that's how I feel about the specs.
    Demonology took a little while to get the hang of, but after a while that wasn't so bad.

Demonology is the only Warlock class I'm genuinely interested in playing. I've dabbled in the others, affliction was easier for me than destro. I got much better at Demo though when I stopped just trying to play it on impulse and actually learned to find a rhythm.

It will be a shame that I'll probably have to relearn the spec once the new expac hits, but what can you do? I'm just hoping that they get back to the roots of what drew me to the class in the first place. I'd like it to be about summons, and about managing your small retinue of demons. I'll actually be quite happy to get rid of Meta.
    ( ; , , ; )

i played my lock actively as an alt for a long time since wotlk, i feel that destro is not so easy to master for aoe fights (it also depends how many and what other classes you compete for aoe/execute), affl 1-3 targets you monitor dots with addons thats about it.