Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Your first point is a distinction without a difference and your second point is the wrong way to play. There is never any reason to pool energy, so in normal play you will never waste the energy regen from TF even by popping it on CD. No reason to overcomplicate TF useage for someone obviously already struggling with feral when that complication will gain nearly nothing over the simpler version of just using TF on CD. As per the second point, Incarnation causes a 1 second GCD. As such, you are unable to use any attack abilities for 1 second after using Incarn. It should now be obvious that you should use it 1 second before the pull, so that the first moment you attack the boss and the first ability you can use with Incarn up overlap. If you wait until combat to use it, you have 1 wasted second of not using attacking abilities that could have been avoided. And since Incarn has no passive damage boost, simply boosting abilities used, you lose nothing by using it 1 second before pull. And nobody said to use Incarn from stealth. In fact, that would be a waste, since it breaks stealth. No real reason to start the fight from stealth as a feral at all.
    Agree with you, however incarn was changed to allow us to use it while stealthed without breaking stealth. A nice quality of life change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueredwolf View Post
    Agree with you, however incarn was changed to allow us to use it while stealthed without breaking stealth. A nice quality of life change.
    Huh, really? To make sure, I hopped ingame and used it from stealth to test it out before posting and it broke stealth for me. Must be something left over in my macro breaking it, or maybe I used my PvP Zerk+Incarn macro. Either way, great to know for getting a closer starting position to the boss.

NV still breaks stealth. Just change our macro to '/cast [combat] Nature Vigil;

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    2. Last night he didn't have anywhere near the gear you or I do. Posting from mobile device atm and from what I can tell he doesn't have even the tier bonuses....
    3. You post as though resource management wasn't/isn't important to buff/debuff uptime.
    It's been 8 years since the tier has been out. I did not check his gear and I'm going to assume he has it. If not, whatever. Not my problem. I'm not going to even look at the logs. I don't have time like I used to.

And no. Paying attention to nuanced play that might have a tiny dps increase (TF usage on CD vs optimal usage) is way less important than worrying about SR/rip/rake uptime. Buff/debuff management is absolutely the first thing any troubled feral should work on. Once that is out of the way you can worry about other things. That's the absolute foundation of the class and using TF on CD vs 100% optimal is not going to have as big of an impact as buff/debuff management.

You should probably stop posting like a child. WRONG. FUCKING WRONG. etc. You know, be a civil person and maybe I wouldn't say anything to you. EJ is a thing of the past and dead for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    1. My face is smoother than a baby's ass.
    2. Last night he didn't have anywhere near the gear you or I do. Posting from mobile device atm and from what I can tell he doesn't have even the tier bonuses....
    3. You post as though resource management wasn't/isn't important to buff/debuff uptime.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Hey genius, read what you posted about TF (assuming BF = TF) then read what I said and then try to explain wtf is different. Maybe your comprehension of the english language is piss poor or maybe you need me to type out every detail about TF being used with low energy as close to every 30 seconds as possible.

Regardless, what I posted above is correct and if you are sitting there advocating wasting energy to pop TF exactly every 30 seconds then I am done talking to you.

2. If you think pressing a CD that makes our generators function as if we were in stealth...WHILE WE ARE IN STEALTH is smart then again you are hopelessly stupid. This guy doesn't have SC and even if he did - not guaranteed to pop on your first GCD. I am not even sure what point you were trying to make with prepot comparison but it just came off as nonsensical bullshit to me.
    1. You're right. I didn't read the whole thing. I read the quote and you spouting off wrong in bold. Ended there due to stupidity. It wasn't wrong. Anyone with 1/3rd of a brain knows not to over cap themselves on energy. if they don't then we have bigger issues.

2. Using Incarn pre pull is a very minor dps loss. From this guys level of raiding it would be better for him to pop it pre pull rather than worry about perfect usage. If you want to get into discussions for top end raiders sure we can go about micro managing everything used at the exact times but most people here are giving this guy easy ways to fix his dps. Not trying to turn him into a fucking allstar.

3. Get over yourself. Even if you are the best feral in the world (hint you aren't) the attitude belongs on your guild site not a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    2. Using Incarn pre pull is a very minor dps loss. From this guys level of raiding it would be better for him to pop it pre pull rather than worry about perfect usage. If you want to get into discussions for top end raiders sure we can go about micro managing everything used at the exact times but most people here are giving this guy easy ways to fix his dps. Not trying to turn him into a fucking allstar.
    You've got it backwards, using it pre-pull is the superior way to do it if you're using a 10s trinket. This was discussed at the beginning of the expansion and it was better then as well (we're talking a very small margin), but as Redwolf said it wasn't feasible to do until 6.2 because casting Incarnation broke Prowl which means you couldn't start the encounter next to the boss. Now you can, so it is. Doing it the "old" way is fine too although arguably more difficult.

Mid-pull might still be ever so slightly better with the right trinket setup (something like Mirror/Seed, or abusing double proc with Censer) but its probably not the best default recommendation anymore.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-09-12 at 01:40 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    The opener is a little different, you want to HT, Pre-Pot, Prowl+Rake, Incarnation, Trinkets, Shred to 5 CP, TF/Berserk, RIP, Shred to 4 CP and apply a BT Rake, Onto normal rotation.
    I personally like to - on most fights - pop my big dick cooldowns literally just before I start attacking the boss. This is because almost always the first hit lands on the boss the Soul Capacitor procs, and often by this stage unless there's a specific reason to hold off using the DPS ring, that is triggered also. I do this to maximise as much buffed dmg as possible during the ring and capacitor uptimes. We are trying to get the DPS in the guild to hold off using the ring for a couple seconds to give people a chance to ramp up their dots and stuff but someone almost always uses it. /sigh.

By delaying Berserk and using the old BRF style opener you effectively miss out on a lot of damage during the opening cooldowns I mentioned above.

Any energy clipped from doing this is really a non-issue because you gain so much burst from syncing up your cooldowns. Plus energy clipping during Bers with 4PC bonus and Seed is an inevitability anyway. I once went 40s during Gorefiend feast of souls without dropping below half energy, because literally all my OOC procs kept coming faster than I could spend it.
    Last edited by Will; 2015-09-20 at 03:34 PM.