Rolling a non popular alt?

So... I am pretty bored lately, my permanent team is nearly no playing anymore and it has been quite hard to find new people to play with. Also, after prunning I absolutely hate playing BGs as a feral, any rogue or pally no matter how noob they are can own your ass if they press a stun and you don't have trinket / living action potion.

I am thinking of rolling an alt, to make things funnier I am thinking of an unpopular spec with potential, I want to dedicate some time to learn how to play it properly. I am thinking of marksmanship hunter, elemental shaman, arcane mage, prot warrior or pally.

So I went on PTR to test, I found the tank damage quite lacking, but I may be doing something wrong. MM hunter with lone wolf still pack quite a punch, 35% execute range with bonus damage from lone wolf is quite powerful, but I think it will suffer from the same issue of stun vulnerability.

I would love to hear from people that play more unpopular specs about their potential.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am talking about an alt to goof on Random BGs.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-09-01 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Ive seen demo locks quite a few times in arena, when they burst they go ham

Bm/ww are rare in arena, you see them from time to time in bg's and they seem decent in that situation. You could always try enhance, very powerful if played right but most of the rerollers get steam rolled still. I really enjoyed prot pally with empowered seals in wod beta but then they gutted the dmg and survivability a lot and I haven't tried it since.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    A non-popular pvp spec so maybe dps/tank monk, guardian druid, Arcane mage

Go for maximum reach and play a non-popular race gnome, goblin, Panda, dwarf

A feral complaining about other classes being OP? Especially pallies? LMAO

Rets are about as bad as they come if you want something not at all popular.
    No comp revolves around them, nobody wants them in RBGs, cant FC, cant defend nodes, very easy to CC while having very few CCs of their own, ultra squishy and as good as dead once you force their divine shield.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on my first post (reading it again I am pretty sure I wasn't), but I am looking for a spec to goof and have fun on random BGs.

Haven't tried guardian, maybe I will use it as offspec to see if they are any fun. I just can't seen them doing enough damage/control to be a threat. Maybe it is possible to use some offensive build or something. Blood has the same issue, also very weak against slows. I will also give monk a try, but I have been told that they were nerfed to the ground.

I was considering elemental shaman, but I guess that there aren't many ways to make it effective, considering how easy it is for any melee to stick on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    A non-popular pvp spec so maybe dps/tank monk, guardian druid, Arcane mage

Go for maximum reach and play a non-popular race gnome, goblin, Panda, dwarf
    Hadn't considered that, but most my chars are taurens already. If goblin's jump were 1 minute CD I would totally roll my shaman. On an off topic note, dwarf isn't really a non popular race (it is the 3rd most played).

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    A feral complaining about other classes being OP? Especially pallies? LMAO

Rets are about as bad as they come if you want something not at all popular.
    No comp revolves around them, nobody wants them in RBGs, cant FC, cant defend nodes, very easy to CC while having very few CCs of their own, ultra squishy and as good as dead once you force their divine shield.
    What? Where did I say that? I am not complaining about ferals being weak, I mostly play pvp for arenas, and on that feral is great. But ferals are very weak against stuns, if you deny that, sorry to tell you, but you are a newbie that don't understand how ferals work. When you are in a BG, where you don't have any backups or an organised way to rotate defensive cooldowns, you will be randomly killed by stuns that you are not even aware that are available (you can't track every cooldown on a massive fight). I find it very frustrating and hardly have fun while playing BGs.

Specially after MoP where I had a lot of defensive cooldowns that are no longer available (barkskin, symbiosis, nature's grasp, might of ursoc, HotW + nature's vigil), so I nearly always had a way to avoid dying against a random stun.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-09-01 at 06:24 PM.