Poll: Will Overwatch be free to play?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The more I watch this stream, the more I think it will actually be B2P which is completely fine. I could be wrong of course because we still dont know about the full monetization of the game or if characters will have unlocks etc. But, I dont think characters will be unlocks because of integral to the game switching out for counters seems to be on the stream.
    That's where I always was on this. Swapping your team comp on the fly is a major strategic component in the genre, so as long as they're allowing it, making you buy heroes is a harsh restriction, in ways that it isn't for a MOBA.

The XP gain for characters is interesting, though; not sure what they're going to lock behind a level req.

Still pretty sure it's gonna be either B2P with cosmetic/boost pay shop, or F2P with the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's where I always was on this. Swapping your team comp on the fly is a major strategic component in the genre, so as long as they're allowing it, making you buy heroes is a harsh restriction, in ways that it isn't for a MOBA.

The XP gain for characters is interesting, though; not sure what they're going to lock behind a level req.

Still pretty sure it's gonna be either B2P with cosmetic/boost pay shop, or F2P with the same.

Yeah I didnt quit understand just how much importance changing to a hard counter was going to be in this game. So far though Id pay 50-60 bucks for this game if it is B2P just going by stream game play.

ye in a moba like LoL/HoTS you buy a few heroes, learn to play them and just play them every game. When you can change char on the fly in Overwatch it pretty much forces you to have access to alot of different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    I see you never played Call of Duty on the European region. There's a funny thing about games in Europe, Russian economy. They can buy gamecodes dirty cheap, resulting in a lot of middle-class Russian buying tons of codes just to run aimbots and piss people (at some point the first 1000 accounts on the CoD:MW3 ladder were ALL bots, running 24/7 for months without getting banned, with a K/D ratio of 80+)

But I guess B2P or F2P won't matter because it's a Blizzard game and they can't handle botting (WoW, D3 or any other game doesn't matter, Buddy is always there to help you)

As long as your bot is not running on background Blizzard won't even bother checking over reports
    Wow that is disgusting, glad I don't play CoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.