Poll: Would you like body looting for WPVP?

World PvP lootable body rewards

World PvP is so dead. Biggest reason other than lack of players is from a lack of reward. You see that a certain town is under attack, eh who cares, it'll respawn anyways and no real gain other than 1-2 honor if you go to help right?

What if there's some sort of punishment and reward, like having the dead player being lootable only for honorable kills and they'd lose gold and an item (non BoP/BoA item) from their bags. Could be something like 30 gold and some item or a few crafting reagent (put those BoEs in your bank!). No lootable items in their bags then more gold will be looted, not enough gold available to be looted and they will take durability damage on death. This is to prevent people from sending everything to another character then go on a ganking spree at no cost

Right now there's very little to gain (barely any honor) and nothing to lose when you WPvP other than some runback since there isnt even durability loss on PvP death. Something to lose but also something to gain would make you think twice about ganking, but also is worthwhile to if you win. People would help each other out especially if there's something to gain, and would band together for safety. Help me out, I'll help you out later plus both earning some profit!

No loot on dishonorable kills, but would flag some sort of stacking bounty debuff instead. so then that player dies with the debuff the lost loot would be increased per stack, and each stack also reduces the effects of stealth. This would be a heavy deterrent on griefing. You could still do it, but no sympathy when you get counter ganked and camped for huge losses

IE Level 100 camping a bunch of 70s killing 4 gets him 4 stacks = 4x more gold and items lost when you do get picked off by another 100 coming by to help the lowbies. Bigger and bigger reward for someone coming to help out and makes it worthwhile

If anything town guards also need to much MUCH stronger, scaling up to our max level and elites with some CC. Towns should provide safety like they did in the past. Now I can solo 2-3 guards after killing a player even in WoD zones .

10+ Year Old Account
    If people lost items or gold for doing world PvP and losing then I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be more likely to do it. And honestly the Bounty system does seem like a good deterrent to low level ganking but it seems to favour the hunters more than the hunted. It'd be better just to do big PvP objective areas like TBC again and get a chest reward that always contains gold and a chance for gear and profession materials for doing them and call them world PvP areas.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

That would be annoying as hell.

You could reward gold for killing other players without needing to take it from the dead player. And make it so you can only get gold on 1st kill or something. Even then, it's a weak incentive.

Maybe have some achievements and titles that require you to get X honorable kills in world zones (Ashran doesn't count). In WotLK, my realm had raids on enemy faction cities every day because people wanted the black war bear mount.

idunno
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-28 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As long as you keep that shit to your pvp realsm, I don't care. Deliberately signed to PvE realms to be rid of griefers and other people who think they need to make my life more interesting....
    Most of time W PvP would happen on PvP realms. The rare times W PvP happens in PvE servers is if someone is griefing and hits something that would flag them on, and in that case they're open to get ganked and risk loss of loot without being able to fight back from those gathering around not flagged. Sounds like the deterrence is working

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    If people lost items or gold for doing world PvP and losing then I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be more likely to do it. And honestly the Bounty system does seem like a good deterrent to low level ganking but it seems to favour the hunters more than the hunted. It'd be better just to do big PvP objective areas like TBC again and get a chest reward that always contains gold and a chance for gear and profession materials for doing them and call them world PvP areas.
    If people had a chance for gain and are confident in their ability it would promote more PvP. However, there's aways going to be someone better and eventually they could lose or get ganged up on. Sounds fine to me
    Bounty is supposed to favor the hunters to punish the guy who has been griefing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    That would be annoying as hell.

You could reward gold for killing other players without needing to take it from the dead player. And make it so you can only get gold on 1st kill or something. Even then, it's a weak incentive.

Maybe have some achievements and titles that require you to get X honorable kills in world zones (Ashran doesn't count). In WotLK, my realm had raids on enemy faction cities every day because people wanted the black war bear mount.
    Yeah thats a good idea to get auto loot like how Kazzak works.

Acheives might not be for everyone. I couldnt care less about them, and once someone has obtained that acheive they would just stop W PvPing anyways. Also it could be cheesed like the Nemesis quest ones where people could just kill trade to get the achieve over with

What about giving X conquest points for a kill? Suddenly everyone spamming trade for 2v2 point cap will instead make a raid and attack an enemy city. I think that would instantly boost wpvp participation.

The only downside would be less arena participation at lower ratings. Don't see that being a big deal though, those players are only playing arena to cap points each week and will now have a different avenue to farm CP.

I think I'm derailing the thread with random ideas. But really, Blizz could revive wpvp easily by adding incentives back in, but I think they would rather push people into instanced pvp instead.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-28 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As long as you keep that shit to your pvp realsm, I don't care. Deliberately signed to PvE realms to be rid of griefers and other people who think they need to make my life more interesting....
    toggling pvp on and off is hard

World PvP at its best was not driven by rewards or incentives.
    It was just because you enjoyed it.
    The problem is the community, not lack of rewards.
    People should stop trying to shoe-horn in rewards, a reason for doing something which then pushes people into it for the wrong reasons.

In addition to world PvP being inherently unfair.
    Which makes such gains/losses hugely open to abuse.

This is, and has only been a player problem.
    Look at how the mount for killing the city leaders worked out, where the vast majority are not interested in doing it more than once.
    Because they already got their shiny reward.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-08-28 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Because people need a reward for ganking...

I'm going with no, to both.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

World pvp is dead?

But i thought with the lack of flying from day 1 in the expansion it was suppose to have brought it back and been bigger than ever?!!!!?
    ....Or so the fucking anti flying mongoloid cunts said.

I guess they was wrong all along.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    World PvP at its best was not driven by rewards or incentives.
    It was just because you enjoyed it.
    The problem is the community, not lack of rewards.
    People should stop trying to shoe-horn in rewards, a reason for doing something which then pushes people into it for the wrong reasons.

In addition to world PvP being inherently unfair.
    Which makes such gains/losses hugely open to abuse.

This is, and has only been a player problem.
    Look at how the mount for killing the city leaders worked out, where the vast majority are not interested in doing it more than once.
    I can see where you're coming from, but disagree with your 1st statement. Wpvp participation instantly dropped like a rock as soon as the first battlegrounds were added to the game in classic.

It would be cool if they added some sort of weekly city attack for one faction with the opposing faction having to defend. Have it be in all sorts of villages all over Azeroth. Make it so the zone becomes and instance for the week like Ashran, and make it so the zones are balanced players wise. That way each week you are either defending or attacking. The attacker would have to kill General whateverhisnameis and defenders would have to get like 250hk. Give it a quest that gives 500cp and a piece of gear or whatever they are going to use as incentive for pvp in legion.

I do miss world pvp. Back in bc and wrath, my server had a horde based pvp guild called "Will Wipe You on Galv". There was ALWAYS some form or world pvp happening because of them. Their leader use to troll our trade and advertise when they were getting ready to attack cities just to get people over there. Was heaps of fun.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

That's bc as soon as you obtain the mount theres no reward anymore, whereas the gold and item drop theres always a reward

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    I can see where you're coming from, but disagree with your 1st statement. Wpvp participation instantly dropped like a rock as soon as the first battlegrounds were added to the game in classic.
    And I am not saying that battlegrounds had no impact, in fact them being more rewarding is why.
    Players flocked to the format which gave them better returns on their time, whether it was or wasn't more fun.
    World PvP wont return to its best with rewards or bribes.
    It will only do that if the community is dedicated to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

No don't bring back stupid death penalties from old mmos, it will just make people not do pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I'd be okay with looting PvP specific items that you can turn in, like the Ashran tokens, but punishing players for being ganked when Stealth ruins world PvP from the start is just a completely moronic idea. Bounty is a good idea though.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2015-08-29 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    World PvP wont return to its best with rewards or bribes.
    It will only do that if the community is dedicated to it.
    thats all it would take for me to give it a shot. i avoid WPvP intentionally and solely because i feel there is no reward from it. i feel many other people have seen WPvP happening and their thought is "better them than me.../shrug" and they go around.

they dont lift a finger to help, because time is important to people. this game is all about vanity. WPvP offers no reward to people, but adding in numberous fairly easy to gain rewards would certainly entice many like myself to at the very least, help others out.

however: im incredibly against the OP's ignorant idea of stealing from other players. that would not do well for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.