Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    I'm sure you can, whether that's a good idea or appropriate is a different matter.
    It's mostly for the early days not the later years. teaching them obedience and following commands in a similar fashion to how you'd teach a dog.

Humans are not dogs. Anyone who thinks it should go any further than that point is sick, and represents what's wrong with society.

I tried it once with my own child, but they put him back into foster care and put me on the sex offenders register for using a lead to walk him to the park. Almost lost my position in the priesthood, but fortunately my fellow fathers were sympathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    I tried it once with my own child, but they put him back into foster care and put me on the sex offenders register for using a lead to walk him to the park. Almost lost my position in the priesthood, but fortunately my fellow fathers were sympathetic.
    I guess it wasn't the Catholic church given that it was your own child and that they didn't pay off everyone involved to keep quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No insult intended, but we already proven you can, the greatest example of this is the Military, or more specifically the Marines. It's also a hallmark of corporal punishment.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    This type of enforcement actually does happen often, but with different rewards. This is a central part of behaviourist thinking. People learn from the consequences of their actions and when these consequences are deemed as pleasant, the behaviour is likely to be repeated.

School children are taught that studying and putting effort into their work is rewarded with better grades. Different reward, same mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically dip shit stuff like this also goes along with it, and people eat this garbage up, pumping people up to think that they can run through walls because they have the right mental attitude, rather than any other physics or reality.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, it shouldn't be handled this way. Human brains are more complex and a constant "I get rewarded if I do this" is not something you want to teach children or have them get used to.
    Pretty much this. While on paper it sounds.....fine I guess (trying to use words carefully here lol) you do not want to instill that behavior in a child. If they get it in their mind that anytime they do something right they get a treat you will ruin that kid for life. The day they do something good and don't get rewarded for it would create issues.