Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The difference being Germany is actually ashamed of its racist past. The South remains unapologetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    They are aren't ashamed of their new found hatred of anything Muslim.
    Wh... huh? First, what... no, WHAT? I feel it appropriate for the first time to quote the eternal words from Day[9]:

"What what the the fuck fuck?" - When something is so perplexing you actually have to double every word to express how perplexed you are...

I don't get either of you. What has ID cards to do with our racist past? And also what new found hatred of muslims? That's America you're thinking of, we don't hate muslims.... I'm so confused right now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And let me guess, you're going to need photo ID to vote there.
    This is the Department of Motor vehicles not voting locations. No need to really have to many physical locations anymore anyway you can do all but testing online now anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is 0 reason to require funding when the state is still making a profit off of making it a private venture. It's worked very well for over a decade, and there has been 0 reason to change it..
    The state doesn't need to be making a profit.

It won't, ever.
    Which is precisely why the judiciary had to axe just such an attempt last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't get either of you. What has ID cards to do with our racist past? And also what new found hatred of muslims? That's America you're thinking of, we don't hate muslims.... I'm so confused right now.
    I'm talking about Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They're being closed down in all but the four most populous cities. It's not a racial thing. It's a government ploy to avoid budget cuts.
    Maybe Alabama wouldn't have to make such drastic budget cuts if it hadn't pissed away millions of dollars trying to defend unconstitutional restrictions to abortion. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    This is the Department of Motor vehicles not voting locations.
    States which cut DMV hours or locations are typically introducing voter ID requirements.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The state doesn't need to be making a profit.
    Because using profits to help fund social programs, and education is a bad thing? Well fuck me, why is there a lottery?
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

I'm talking about Germany.
    Um... nope, still not making any sense.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Um... nope, still not making any sense.
    Well that's a YOU issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    States which cut DMV hours or locations are typically introducing voter ID requirements.
    I mean I just moved to SD and need to get a new licence and the website allows you to schedule a time to go in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because using profits to help fund social programs, and education is a bad thing?
    Because profit motive encourages a reduction in quality and service.

MO doesn't require an ID to vote, but nice try.
    I went for the lazy joke. Sue me.

I'm still curious about how much they charge. If they cost less, how are they saving money?

MO doesn't require an ID to vote, but nice try.
    The Kansas City Star: Missouri voter ID law gets initial House approval

This was done just this year of 2015. For some reason Republicans are pushing the law. You know the ones who say "Government and too many laws".

I wonder why it is always Republicans who propose/pass this type of law?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...e10583030.html

Because profit motive encourages a reduction in quality and service.
    Except it hasn't. Longer hours, open on Saturdays, shorter wait times, more people staffing the offices, more jobs created, more income for the state to help fund social programs and education.

I think you just don't want it to work, well fuck I can't figure it out, but luckily for MO it has worked out better than they even hoped for, and the residents love it as well.

I really hate to be that guy, but this article has no sources and a quick google search isn't returning anything.

As much as I would love to see the Republican Party become the laughing stock of the entire country, it seems like this is just a repeated rumor or completely fabricated for page views/ad revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it hasn't. Longer hours, open on Saturdays, shorter wait times, more people staffing the offices, more jobs created, more income for the state to help fund social programs and education.
    Yeah! It's working so well you continue to have a net deficit as regards federal contributions.

Yeah! It's working so well you continue to have a net deficit as regards federal contributions.
    Yeah, that's the privatization of DMV's fault, you're really grasping here.

I'm confused right now. Are there places where you can vote for important, state-related stuff without having to show any identification? Is that how Cartman[South Park] managed to get all those votes?

Also, does it really make a difference to introduce that in Alabama or not? The last time this state hasn't been completely dominated by Republicans was probably back in the days of Jimmy Carter. Almost as one-sided as Alaska...

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    I'm confused right now. Are there places where you can vote for important, state-related stuff without having to show any identification? Is that how Cartman[South Park] managed to get all those votes?
    My state actually doesn't. You just need a proof of residency to get a voter's registration card, which you don't have to show when you vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference being Germany is actually ashamed of its racist past. The South remains unapologetic.
    How much time have you sent in the south? Oh wait, that's right, none. Feel free to enjoy a big cup of shut the fuck up.

Btw, just in case you hadn't noticed, anti-Semitism and racism in general is alive and well in Germany. But I suppose acknowledging that little fact would take too much time away from your rampant douchebaggery.