Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I'm asking when the last time a 70 year old veteran shot a bunch of people was.
    His former job doesn't make him immune to the effects of mental illness.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are you really asking when the last guy with mental illness shot a bunch of people? Seriously?

Why are they starting their crusade against mental illness with disabled veterans?

Referential phrasing is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, as to why start with vets? Probably because that is something they have direct control of through the VA, so its easier to trtack mentla health records.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Referential phrasing is a thing.
    The follow up statement obviously being A) they didn't start their "crusade" here and B) what job he used to have doesn't change the effect of mental illness on his judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Right because what could go wrong when people with PTSD have guns?

Oh...
    People probably want to forget it was an armed vet that killed Chris Kyle

10+ Year Old Account
    Vets absolutely ARE more special than other citizens when it comes to this type of matter. Trusted to carry weapons for the sole purpose of taking lives of others, using judgement to determine who is and who isn't a threat. Understanding when deadly force is needed. These things for how many years? But not trusted to keep arms in his own home to protect himself those around him?
    Dude, being trusted with guns IN A COMBAT ZONE and being trusted with guns IN CIVILIAN LIFE are like, exact opposite sets of skills, How can you not understand this?
    Impeach the MF.

If it was ACTUALLY about mental illness, why have there been no more rigorous policies toward stopping mentally ill people from purchasing firearms in the first place? Why are they starting their crusade against mental illness with disabled veterans?
    Yes, I compeletely agree. Policing of the mental illness restrictions on firearm ownership in the US is extremely lax and needs to be much more stringently implemented. Though really your success rate is always going to be limited because of the extreme gun saturation in the US.

When was the last time someone matching this guy's description went on a shooting rampage?
    I posted four of them on the previous page:

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Including this guy?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ing-spree.html

And this guy?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ay.html?pg=all

Or this one?

http://www.newser.com/story/98551/ir...y-himself.html

How about this woman?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...s-child/nj4ny/

For extra points, here everyone's accusing the VA of not doing enough to intervene...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Ehh actually its your post that's bs, if you were a vet you wouldn't be saying things like this. Vets with honerable discharges are more deserving for guns. Doesn't matter a vet is a hero.
    I'm also a vet, and I agree with his post whole-heartedly. I served with some real fucking idiots. Loved them like brothers while I was in, but cringe to think of them with guns in civilian life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    People probably want to forget it was an armed vet that killed Chris Kyle
    Who had PTSD at a gun range. Yeah, a good way to get rid of the traumatizing effects of war is to shoot guns next to them? Yeah seems legit.

Deleted
    They should arrest all the people holding them back, and if the sheriff assists than they should arrest him with it and assign a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking when the last time a 70 year old veteran shot a bunch of people was.
    You can't go around and making exceptions because of age or the system collapses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I'm a veteran. I've no more "earned" the right to have a gun than any other citizen under the law.

Quit glorifying shit that shouldn't be.
    I get the feeling some people glorify war more than they should, while I am grateful that people are fighting to defend my way of life I will don't see them as anything else than a normal citizen. There are plenty of jobs with risks than keep the world going and that if gone our way of light would crumble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are you really asking when the last guy with mental illness shot a bunch of people? Seriously?
    I think the better question is, is he reallya sking why there hasn't been any crack down on gun control for those who are mentally ill?

At this point we really know that when it comes to gun control debates, they just use the "We don't need to control the sale of guns in general, just the sale of guns to the mentally ill!" as a diversionary argument because they don't want to talk about real, effective gun control. Now that control for the mentally ill is being brought up, all of a sudden we can't do that!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    They should arrest all the people holding them back, and if the sheriff assists than they should arrest him with it and assign a new one.
    Well Thats just entirely unamerican. In fact very tyrannical. Don't like it? you can always move to another country.

Deleted
    Well Thats just entirely unamerican. In fact very tyrannical. Don't like it? you can always move to another country.
    Define "American" please, because as far as i'm concerned, this is a very minor thing compared to what police forces in America have done in the past.
    As far as you seem to care the police can do whatever as long as you have your guns....

http://tacticalshit.com/va-tries-to-...tanding-guard/

So glad that there's still people upholding our great constitution, and protecting the vets rights and citizens rights from tyranny. Amen, YOWZA!
    2nd amendment good, 14th amendment bad. Cafeteria constitutionalism best constitutionalism.