Mage guildie needs help

Hello kind sirs, I am a humble Raid Leader from a middling guild on a backwater realm and I need some sage wisdom. I have a guild mate who is doing, lets say, sup-par dps for his gear. He's 707 ilvl with the two piece: Aeshura-Zuluhed <Only Death> is the Mage I'm talking about I can't provide an armory page at the moment but when I return from work I can. Below is our most recent logs where he dpsed on his Mage all night.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/x1Qbzg6BFdHvm3VZ/

Thank you for your help folks. I still can't post links

You need to turn on advanced combat logging so we can see what their mana use is like. However by seeing him use Evocation only once in the Socrethar fight, never in the Iskar fight, and once in the Gorefiend fight I suspect it'll be pretty bad and fundamentally wrong
    There are other things wrong, but getting down the conserve/burn rotation is the core to being a good Arcane Mage.

Get him to read this and practice it to death
    http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1455
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-09-01 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll let him know to follow that guild down to the letter and I'll post logs of his following performance with mana usage. Thanks for the tips.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/84cKY1kLbtpMwxRF/

His dps was a lot better Tuesday night then, our logger couldn't figure out advanced logging though.

Advanced logging is under system settings>network IIRC

His CD use looks a lot better on Kormrok although there is only limited advice to be given now without seeing mana.
    What I can say is he needs to learn to use Supernova on his PC.

Ideally what happens is you blow both SN's on opener PC. The next two that come off CD are done on the boss. The third one is banked, and at this point PC is around 15s CD remaining and the 2nd charge of SN has around 25s CD.
    He then starts his second burn once SN has <10s left.

To practice he can wait until 5s remaining on SN #2 until he can get the timings/rhythm correct.
    Done this way you always have 2x SN for every PC and never cap it either.

For Kormrok specifically he should be banking both SN's for hands, and should only use SN when hands are >25s away. Double SN on hands is a big DPS gain.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-09-03 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Menu->System->Network->Activate "Advanced Combat logging"
    Too late