Tome of Shifting Words

Am I just hallucinating or did this trinket get nerfed? I could have sworn it used to say 94% more dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangcho View Post
    Am I just hallucinating or did this trinket get nerfed? I could have sworn it used to say 94% more dmg?
    What does it say now
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangcho View Post
    Mythic version lists 82% as of now according to WoWhead, for Ice Lance damage.

And 94% chance on Inferno Blast to proc a Flamestrike, so maybe that's what you were thinking of
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Mythic version lists 82%
    That is a -huge- nerf, Mythic was 130%. Does that make it useless? Idk
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It was nerfed in a previous hotfix, but the tooltip changes only just made it to live servers.

Tooltip update, it was nerfed a long time ago.
    "Tome of Shifting Words had its effect reduced in power by 33% for Frost Mages, and had its chance to trigger reduced by 6% for Fire Mages." june 29.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    That is a -huge- nerf, Mythic was 130%. Does that make it useless? Idk
    It makes it actually balanced, has been like that for a long time buddy.

Yeah think it's just a tool tip update. Didn't notice damage reduction from tonight's raid. Checked logs to make sure.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

ok gotcha lmao.. must have missed the update.. i knew the numbers were higher.. but yeah... dmg hasnt changed...