Resto Druid: Quick Assessment for Gear Setup

Hey guys. Guild needed me to heal (I geared this toon Boomkin) and I barely have any Spirit gear. I'd love to see if you good resto droods out there could help assess if I'm at least doing this correctly even going OOM on each fight in comparison to our normal raid healers! Thanks all!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...th/Myke/simple
    Recent Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...cution&fight=1

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Lifebloom uptime needs improvement. Aim for 100% where possible. Not only is it a strong single-target/tank heal (with 4-set, it should actually be your top heal) but ticks also proc Clearcasting which allow you to cast one RG for free. Very useful for mana conservation. 2-set LB is also a far stronger, cheaper version of Rejuvenation - with 4-set you can swap LB around the group regularly. Use it for raid healing as well as tank healing.
    2. Harmony uptime is low. Again, aim for 100%. This is your Mastery buff - you activate it with a direct heal and it boosts your periodic healing for its duration. Might help with mana - if you're healing for more, you theoretically can cast less and conserve more. (If not true in practice, you'll at least do better healing.)
    3. Some casts of Regrowth outside of MoC - this isn't actually a problem, per se, but on some fights there's a lot of overheal going on. If you feel that RG would be useful outside of Clearcasting, ensure that it's actually needed - if it's going mostly into overheal, you might as well just use Rejuvenation instead.
    4. Missing Glyph of Wild Growth from major glyphs. Drop Glyph of Dash for it. Also, I recommend Glyph of Regrowth - drop either the Rebirth or Stampeding Roar glyph for that, depending on whether or not your Roar is needed for raid utility (it usually is.)
    5. If you're going to use Dream of Cenarius, just ensure you weave it amongst your other healing properly - don't let Harmony/Lifebloom uptimes slip because you're focusing on spamming Wrath. It's not such a good talent once you gain more regen, but perhaps at your spirit level, it's a fairly good idea to use it at the moment. You're going to want to swap to NV or HOTW when your healing gear improves, though.
    6. You could be using Swiftmend more. I personally use it on CD, but you can hold off on doing that if you have mana issues, as it can be somewhat draining. It's a very strong spell, though. Fairly cheap, instant-cast, and - for me - heals for 102k+ when it crits.
    7. Gem/enchant for Haste, not Mastery. You're definitely lacking in the Haste department.
    8. Enchant your weapon with Mark of Shadowmoon!!! Easy +500 spirit proc, right there. It'll help out a fair bit. You're going to lack for regen in general, though, because of your low spirit and lack of healing trinkets - once you get the Demonic Phylactery from Socrethar, you'll see a reduction in mana problems quite quickly. Do your best to get more spirit where possible, though.

That's all I can point out for now, really. I'm a bit tired so please excuse any potential spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    1. Lifebloom uptime needs improvement. Aim for 100% where possible. Not only is it a strong single-target/tank heal (with 4-set, it should actually be your top heal) but ticks also proc Clearcasting which allow you to cast one RG for free. Very useful for mana conservation. 2-set LB is also a far stronger, cheaper version of Rejuvenation - with 4-set you can swap LB around the group regularly. Use it for raid healing as well as tank healing.
    2. Harmony uptime is low. Again, aim for 100%. This is your Mastery buff - you activate it with a direct heal and it boosts your periodic healing for its duration. Might help with mana - if you're healing for more, you theoretically can cast less and conserve more. (If not true in practice, you'll at least do better healing.)
    3. Some casts of Regrowth outside of MoC - this isn't actually a problem, per se, but on some fights there's a lot of overheal going on. If you feel that RG would be useful outside of Clearcasting, ensure that it's actually needed - if it's going mostly into overheal, you might as well just use Rejuvenation instead.
    4. Missing Glyph of Wild Growth from major glyphs. Drop Glyph of Dash for it. Also, I recommend Glyph of Regrowth - drop either the Rebirth or Stampeding Roar glyph for that, depending on whether or not your Roar is needed for raid utility (it usually is.)
    5. If you're going to use Dream of Cenarius, just ensure you weave it amongst your other healing properly - don't let Harmony/Lifebloom uptimes slip because you're focusing on spamming Wrath. It's not such a good talent once you gain more regen, but perhaps at your spirit level, it's a fairly good idea to use it at the moment. You're going to want to swap to NV or HOTW when your healing gear improves, though.
    6. You could be using Swiftmend more. I personally use it on CD, but you can hold off on doing that if you have mana issues, as it can be somewhat draining. It's a very strong spell, though. Fairly cheap, instant-cast, and - for me - heals for 102k+ when it crits.
    7. Gem/enchant for Haste, not Mastery. You're definitely lacking in the Haste department.
    8. Enchant your weapon with Mark of Shadowmoon!!! Easy +500 spirit proc, right there. It'll help out a fair bit. You're going to lack for regen in general, though, because of your low spirit and lack of healing trinkets - once you get the Demonic Phylactery from Socrethar, you'll see a reduction in mana problems quite quickly. Do your best to get more spirit where possible, though.

That's all I can point out for now, really. I'm a bit tired so please excuse any potential spelling errors.
    I REALLY appreciate it. I've been trying to get more healing gear as of late and most of my enchants are still for my Boomkin spec (was going to Main it but now I'm going Resto as a main so I'll change the enchants around. I avoid using as much Regrowth/Swiftmend unless I need it because of the mana issues and I hate it =/

Example is Gorefiend. By the time we get to the first Feast, I'm almost OOM and have to save enough mana for Tranq. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying too hard or maybe we're just taking that much dmg before Feast and obviously during. I will also definitely make sure I keep at least 2 LB's going at all times (I'll find a better LB Weak Aura to go with a better Harmony one as well).

I'll definitely be changing over to the WG Glyph and use that instead of Dash (only use it for running after wipes anyways!) and see if that helps a lot.

Thanks again for the assessment. I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing horrible even though my regen blows! <3

Quick tip about tracking 4pc lifeblooms, if you weren't already or were having issues.

give this spell ID a try. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=188550/lifebloom

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Onto bigger issues, Madonna is fucking hideous what go home you're drunk.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the input especially Lunaeria! 3 healed Heroic last night and killed it! Following those trackers really helped and increased my HPS (no disc priest to really test) a TON! Finally ranking in the 60%+ percentile on fights and proud to be a healer again. Logs below for more assessments!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...38YhHf#fight=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamemnon View Post
    Just wanted to thank you guys for the input especially Lunaeria! 3 healed Heroic last night and killed it! Following those trackers really helped and increased my HPS (no disc priest to really test) a TON! Finally ranking in the 60%+ percentile on fights and proud to be a healer again. Logs below for more assessments!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...38YhHf#fight=1
    You're very welcome! And your logs are looking much, much better - you seem to be getting consistently high uptimes on Lifebloom/Harmony, which is perfect. Now, aim for 100%!

But, in all seriousness, you're doing a lot better, well done! ^^ Things will improve further as you get gear more suited to healing, and improve your regen so you can cast more without worrying (as much) about your mana. I notice you got the Phylactery, though - already things should seem a bit easier on the mana-front, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    You're very welcome! And your logs are looking much, much better - you seem to be getting consistently high uptimes on Lifebloom/Harmony, which is perfect. Now, aim for 100%!

But, in all seriousness, you're doing a lot better, well done! ^^ Things will improve further as you get gear more suited to healing, and improve your regen so you can cast more without worrying (as much) about your mana. I notice you got the Phylactery, though - already things should seem a bit easier on the mana-front, I hope!
    I did get a healing neck/ring/and the Phylactery trinket already and noticing a HUGE difference! <3