Timewalker Badge Rewards

Anyone else feel like the drops at the moment are rather low? Especially for the quality of mounts. Dragonhawk is eh, the Charger is pretty cool though. They were 150/200 boss/last boss on the PTR (or something around that) which I agree seemed a bit easy (would take 10-15 dungeons depending on how many bosses you got to get one 5k mount).
    But 5/10 feels way too low. In my Utguarde dungeon before it was a total of 35: 5 x 3 for bosses, 10 for last boss, 10 for random completion reward.

Edit: My math was wrong, it's actually a lot worse than I first assumed;

To get a mount in one event it is about 64 hours of dungeons, give or take depending on how good/awful your group is.

So to get both mounts it is 128 hours. Oh would you like to get the toys/items too? Add another 128 hours. What's 128+128? 256. 256 hours is 10 days of non-stop gameplay.

The math behind this: Approx 35 per dungeon. To get the 4500 + 500 quest you need to do 128.5 dungeons. Each dungeon is about 30 minutes approx. So you can get two dungeons done in one hour, which means it will take 64 hours to do the required dungeons to get the 5000 badges. This is approx 2.6 days. This is also assuming said player is getting instant ques as Tank/Healer. DPS is left behind.

So if someone is really hardcore they can stay up for two and half days not moving from their computer to eat or sleep or use the bathroom. For people that have lives or raid or other things to do they can probably dedicated <5 hours to doing Timewalkers a day. To meet the required hours to get one mount in one weekend a player would need to play 10+ hours a day of the event doing nothing but timewalkers to make the quota (Event goes for about 6 days. 6x10 is 60. Still missing about 4 hours of dungeons). So a normal player would be able to make half of the required badge count for a mount during the event. Therefore they feel unrewarded despite spending 30 hours over 6 days doing dungeons, unless they buy a toy but who wants a toy when you can have a shiny mount

Not going to lie, it's a bit rough. I don't mind doing it as I don't have much else to do but raid and world bosses, but the way they put it it sounded like really dedicated people could knock it out over the week. It's also a bit crap when none of your 14 100s need any gear from there. But looking at the approximate math not even someone who stays up a whole week without leaving their computer could get all the toys/mounts.

I understand that Blizzard is probably trying to prolong people leaving the game until next expac. There's only like, one Time walking a month so for people to farm up all the rewards on a casual's time they would have to stick around for the next few months to get it done before Legion.

So far all I've seen is bad feedback about the drop amount. When I thought about it, the amount of time it's going to take overtakes some of the 'hardest' grinds I have done in game. The Insane, Saberclaws, Mag'har + other grindy, mob farming/daily reps and my total time farming raid mount drops all took less. The only thing that could be considered a longer grind could be camping TLPD/Aeonaxx/Poseidus.

Just to clarify, I've not really complaining about it nor am I super pissed off. Just a little disappointed in the amount they nerfed the drop rate. I have a feeling that collectors may burn out with these Timewalkers especially with the amount of 'noobs' (putting it nicely) queing up for them. They're fun when you have legendaries and tier sets to muck around in but more-so they get frustrating at the amount of people that treat them like old levelling dungeons. Tanks chain pulling mobs and LoSing healers is really fun!

I don't know if anyone agrees, but the drops *could* be buffed a little (and they probably will considering the feedback so far). 5/10 is too low, 150/200 is too high, I think somewhere around 15. 15 per boss, 20 per random/last boss (approx 55 dungeons, 27ish hours = 5000) seems a bit more on-par with other mount grinds. It still means mount collectors would have to do 50ish hours of dungeons and collectors of everything would be looking at 100.

Anyway, just keen to see what other people think about the drops, especially other collectors. I hope everyone is enjoying the farm already!

EDIT: Been reading comments on WoWhead/WoW forums and WoW posts on FB. Have not seen one positive comment about the grind.
    Defs expecting a buff to the drop rates.

Also, no the badges aren't account-wide. They are toon-specific. A lot of people said they would do it if it was account-wide so they could farm gear on different toons, but once they found out they promptly decided they couldn't be bothered.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-09-02 at 02:51 PM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Nah; I'm just going to take it at the same pace I do everything in game. I'll have it in time. Except for the time-sensitive stuff (gone with next patch), I can always keep trying. That's what makes us achievement hunters; our willingness to complete these tasks despite sometimes inexplicable odds. I still haven't talked myself into getting the Insane title because I would be killing my goblins reputations from their already near-exalted status.

agree need to buff droprates
    they are so boring and dull, doubt I will bare this damn grind for 200 times

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Nah; I'm just going to take it at the same pace I do everything in game. I'll have it in time. Except for the time-sensitive stuff (gone with next patch), I can always keep trying. That's what makes us achievement hunters; our willingness to complete these tasks despite sometimes inexplicable odds. I still haven't talked myself into getting the Insane title because I would be killing my goblins reputations from their already near-exalted status.
    It's probably going to overlap into next expac which means people will stop doing them in Legion to do Legion-stuff and once people get bored with that and start doing them you are still looking at like, a 2+ year wait (unless you do them every event weekend which will take you 8-10 months). So if you are that patient then no problems haha. Guess I like collecting mounts and I wanted to grind one of them out ASAP before Uni exams eat away at my time. But yeah that's not going to happen this even.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    agree need to buff droprates
    they are so boring and dull, doubt I will bare this damn grind for 200 times
    I can't stand them. The levelling between 70-80 in dungeons was so slow and awful and the dungeons themselves I have seen a billion times and they are an eyesore, but I can't even fartarse around as a healer because Tanks do something and get one-shot or DPS don't interrupt spell-flingers and I have to sit there interrupting it for them whilst trying to get them all from getting one-shot =.=

FUN CONTENT IS FUN
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

The badge drop amounts do seem really low, was shocked when I saw the number on the front page. With the drop rates as they are I will probably only do enough dungeons for the quest on my main and an alt and grab both mounts over the course of the several timewalking events. I didn't run these dungeons 250+ times back in BC/WotLK and definitely have no interest in doing so several expansions later.

Somebody mathed it out on another thread, and it takes a little less than 7 months to get 1 mount from this if you only run 5 each time the event comes up. Less if the quest for 500 is repeatable across event weeks. That's not so bad, really, especially if you have alts to run it on as well who can earn badges toward the other mount/toys/pets.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Anyone else feel like the drops at the moment are rather low? Especially for the quality of mounts. Dragonhawk is eh, the Charger is pretty cool though. They were 150/200 boss/last boss on the PTR (or something around that) which I agree seemed a bit easy (would take 10-15 dungeons depending on how many bosses you got to get one 5k mount).
    But 5/10 feels way too low. In my Utguarde dungeon before it was a total of 35: 5 x 3 for bosses, 10 for last boss, 10 for random completion reward.

Edit: My math was wrong, it's actually a lot worse than I first assumed;

To get a mount in one event it is about 64 hours of dungeons, give or take depending on how good/awful your group is.

So to get both mounts it is 128 hours. Oh would you like to get the toys/items too? Add another 128 hours. What's 128+128? 256. 256 hours is 10 days of non-stop gameplay.

The math behind this: Approx 35 per dungeon. To get the 4500 + 500 quest you need to do 128.5 dungeons. Each dungeon is about 30 minutes approx. So you can get two dungeons done in one hour, which means it will take 64 hours to do the required dungeons to get the 5000 badges. This is approx 2.6 days. This is also assuming said player is getting instant ques as Tank/Healer. DPS is left behind.

So if someone is really hardcore they can stay up for two and half days not moving from their computer to eat or sleep or use the bathroom. For people that have lives or raid or other things to do they can probably dedicated <5 hours to doing Timewalkers a day. To meet the required hours to get one mount in one weekend a player would need to play 10+ hours a day of the event doing nothing but timewalkers to make the quota (Event goes for about 6 days. 6x10 is 60. Still missing about 4 hours of dungeons). So a normal player would be able to make half of the required badge count for a mount during the event. Therefore they feel unrewarded despite spending 30 hours over 6 days doing dungeons, unless they buy a toy but who wants a toy when you can have a shiny mount

Not going to lie, it's a bit rough. I don't mind doing it as I don't have much else to do but raid and world bosses, but the way they put it it sounded like really dedicated people could knock it out over the week. It's also a bit crap when none of your 14 100s need any gear from there. But looking at the approximate math not even someone who stays up a whole week without leaving their computer could get all the toys/mounts.

I understand that Blizzard is probably trying to prolong people leaving the game until next expac. There's only like, one Time walking a month so for people to farm up all the rewards on a casual's time they would have to stick around for the next few months to get it done before Legion.

So far all I've seen is bad feedback about the drop amount. When I thought about it, the amount of time it's going to take overtakes some of the 'hardest' grinds I have done in game. The Insane, Saberclaws, Mag'har + other grindy, mob farming/daily reps and my total time farming raid mount drops all took less. The only thing that could be considered a longer grind could be camping TLPD/Aeonaxx/Poseidus.

Just to clarify, I've not really complaining about it nor am I super pissed off. Just a little disappointed in the amount they nerfed the drop rate. I have a feeling that collectors may burn out with these Timewalkers especially with the amount of 'noobs' (putting it nicely) queing up for them. They're fun when you have legendaries and tier sets to muck around in but more-so they get frustrating at the amount of people that treat them like old levelling dungeons. Tanks chain pulling mobs and LoSing healers is really fun!

I don't know if anyone agrees, but the drops *could* be buffed a little (and they probably will considering the feedback so far). 5/10 is too low, 150/200 is too high, I think somewhere around 15. 15 per boss, 20 per random/last boss (approx 55 dungeons, 27ish hours = 5000) seems a bit more on-par with other mount grinds. It still means mount collectors would have to do 50ish hours of dungeons and collectors of everything would be looking at 100.

Anyway, just keen to see what other people think about the drops, especially other collectors. I hope everyone is enjoying the farm already!

EDIT: Been reading comments on WoWhead/WoW forums and WoW posts on FB. Have not seen one positive comment about the grind.
    Defs expecting a buff to the drop rates.

Also, no the badges aren't account-wide. They are toon-specific. A lot of people said they would do it if it was account-wide so they could farm gear on different toons, but once they found out they promptly decided they couldn't be bothered.
    I guess they do not want people to get everything within one timewalking event. I am ok with it taking a few events to get the required badges. No point rushing through it.

Absolutely no issues with the reward structure here. It's fairly obvious to me that the mounts (and even the toys) are to be considered long term rewards. Just completing the weekly quest and turning in the quest item will give you roughly 650 badges, assuming a 3 boss instance. That's 7 events for a mount. Do it on a few mounts and you'll get everything covered within 7 events, with the last event being end of January.

Frankly, people that considered the possibility of grinding everything out in a single event are idiots.

Right now I'm convinced that I'll be doing 5/event on my main and my raiding alt for 2 mounts and then I'll be doing the once-per-event-500-quest on other 2 characters for other items(3 toys?). I think I should get all items after like 7-8 events total which is fine.

Ill get 1st mount during this event... its fine as it is if you DONT want to invest time you can do once/event for those 500 badges and you get it eventually, if you can and are willing to invest time you can easy get 1000 badges/day however yeh that means you need to be tank and just do timewalking dungons for 10h/day but its doable...

10+ Year Old Account
    The 500 badges quest that you get every timewalking event will speed things up considerably.

Then, if you do the event on 3 chars, you can get 1 mount with char A, 1 mount with char B and the toys with char C, and you'll be done way more quickly with very little extra effort. Just do your 5 dungeons on each of those chars during the event, grab the 500 badges quest each time and relax. And after a maximum of 8 timewalking event weekends, you'll be done! That's not too bad.

It's a long-term goal. That's a good thing. It's not like your in-game performance would depend on vanity items. You don't have to have them all after a single week. Just play the game and let those things come to you over time. It's like The Insane or working on getting the Frostsaber or getting Hero of Shattrath or completing the Argent Tournament. You need nothing of those achievements, titles and mounts. But if you want them... invest a little time every now and then to make it not so stressful and it'll all happen in due time.

Deleted
    I'm happy with it personally. I don't really know why people want to get every new shiny thing immediately. You just end up bored cos you run out of thing to do.

Deleted
    Legion at best comes out in April.

More than enough time to get both mounts.
    Which is the only thing I want.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Everyone wants everything immediately now. It's a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================