Which race favors Restoration/Balance? What's good and what's great?

I'm not looking for the best race, but what's good and what's great if you're choosing to be a Restoration or Balance Druid - or even both! I'm new to WoW, so I don't want to be gimped or anything by choosing a certain race. I'm planning to be a serious PvE'er, but I'm also wanting to give serious PvP a try.

I'm thinking of a Troll Druid because their forms look so badass. Is their racial good for Restoration/Balance? It increases haste by 15% for I think 10 seconds or so. I'd like to have something I could pop and have it make a pretty decent difference when I'm healing in dungeons. For example: things get pretty scary and I pop it, and my heals tick a lot quicker or something, allowing me to get a leg up on things.

I'm not sure. I know this may not be the best question, but I'd like to know. It's not going to make or break the game and I know that. It's just something I'm quite curious about. I'd like to know the pros and cons of choosing certain races. Both Horde and Alliance.

I don't need any answers that tell me to play what I like because in the end, I am going to do that. This is just something I'm wanting to know about considering the new patch that was just released - which I believe updated the racials for Horde.

In advance, I'd like to thank everyone for taking time out of their day to post in this thread. I really, really appreciate it! Thank you.

theres not really any question. Trolls are superior in looks and racials.

Boils down to this: trolls bring throughput, taurens bring utility. you're min/maxing but theres more than one thing to min/max towards. keep in mind both racials are on the GCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Onto bigger issues, Madonna is fucking hideous what go home you're drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otterfluff View Post
    keep in mind both racials are on the GCD.
    Berserking from trolls isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Berserking from trolls isn't
    Yes it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by habitat View Post
    Yes it is.
    No it isn't

Deleted
    Trolls are just better ! (pve) extra burst when you need it ������

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls are just better ! (pve) extra burst when you need it

Deleted
    Play a Human Druid. They are the best for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Play a Human Druid. They are the best for PvP.
    JK, wish I was NE, wtb Shadowmeld. No repair bills > all
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    No it isn't
    I'm dumb and can't read. Thought people were saying it was not off the GCD.

On the horde side there's no doubt about trolls. Regarding allies - I've become addicted to Shadowmeld, it makes life in for example Tanaan so much easier. Vanish into prowl, it's awesome. It has some raid utility in that it can, if executed correctly, reduce time between pulls.

For performance, however, Worgen has the definitive edge. +1% crit is almost always better than +1% haste. Remember, we are not talking rating here. The only exception would be for those situations where you are rejuvspamming gcd-capped. Darkflight is definitively very useful in any non-casual PVE content.

Taurens have more hp(20k or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    For performance, however, Worgen has the definitive edge. +1% crit is almost always better than +1% haste. Remember, we are not talking rating here. The only exception would be for those situations where you are rejuvspamming gcd-capped. Darkflight is definitively very useful in any non-casual PVE content.
    Keep in mind that in instances the Nelf racial is always 1% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    Taurens have more hp(20k or so)
    Err no? The Tauren racial onlly affects base stat. Not whole stamina poll. The difference is minimal.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

197stamina *1,10*1,10* 30 health/stamina=7151 health
    or
    197*1,20* 30=7092
    30 health per point of stamina at level 100.
    since moonkin form glyphed and stamina buff provide 10 % each the different between additive and multiplicative isnt big.
    So 20k was too much, but its still 7k

it is insanely troll like the dps is massive in actually game play xD vs NE

Trolls have warts and turn into ugly rainbow bats. Choose Tauren, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Trolls have warts and turn into ugly rainbow bats. Choose Tauren, always.
    Well Blizz is working on new forms so they might finally look right - trolls were meant to get beautiful tigers and received ugly crack cats, bats are using old vanilla model where the improved flight form has tiki masks attached to it, it's still vanilla-quality model, bears don't really fit trolls - direhorn would be much better option for them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbkJSFeXyY. But personally I liked the troll boomin the most by the looks and colour choice. And author was asking for balance/resto. And imo trolls - specially females looks very good. Warts only give them more definition
    I miss Mists of Pandaria