Exclamation Whats the deal with the Jeweled Onyx Panther?

Im always checking the AH on the most populated realms searching for TCG mounts, and for quite some time now (months really) I've been seeing a HUGE amount of Jeweled Onyx Panthers at 30k-40k (Buying price).. I always thought it was really weird since the mats only are like 80k because of the orbs.. And today finally I remembered to check WoWHead to see if someone posted about it in the comments and sure enough there's a ton of people saying those are duplicates and whatnot..

But how is that possible? I mean how come Blizzard did nothing about it if that's the case? There's a TON of them posted, from different players, and they're in the AH.. Its not like players are Chat-Selling them..

And if those are indeed duplicates how come these people are not duplicating EVERY mount or at least the most expensive ones like the engineering ones that are also 80k?

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

There's a unique aspect to the panther that allows it.

Deleted
    There are rumors that u cant post dupes on the auction house, well, if the materials are dupes it wont matter because u create a complete new item... and u can post this on the auction house. Thats the reason why those people dont bother spamming the trade chat and instead posting them on the auction house. Same goes for the sandstone drake, dupe the shit out of the materials and post it cheap on the auction house

But if u duplicate a spectral tiger, u cant post them on the auction house, because it dont work :F u will receive an error message

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefi21 View Post
    There are rumors that u cant post dupes on the auction house, well, if the materials are dupes it wont matter because u create a complete new item... and u can post this on the auction house. Thats the reason why those people dont bother spamming the trade chat and instead posting them on the auction house. Same goes for the sandstone drake, dupe the shit out of the materials and post it cheap on the auction house

But if u duplicate a spectral tiger, u cant post them on the auction house, because it dont work :F u will receive an error message
    False rumors. Bought bunch of duped mounts and resold them via auction house.

did you try to whisper one of the sellers and ask them why ?
    my guess is that they thought it would've been a good profit, only to realize they can't find a buyer, so they're trying to cut their losses.