Deleted

Sith Assassin Questions

Greetings all!!

So, I was away from the game for quite some time, having played a DPS Jugg before... This time over, I'm trying an assassin... And I would like to ask some questions... (I'm still just level 12)

1) So I just chose Deception, got Surging Charge, and when I Discharge, it seems so... underwhelming... I mean, enemies hardly feel it... How can I use it and feel like it's useful...

2) I'm soloing Black Talon, I kill Yadira Ban like a breeze... but Ghulil and GXR7 just plow me... I just can't kill them...

3) I saw a double lightsaber hilt with kinda of a blade at each end, where can I get it, and when?

Thanks!!!!

Rad this:

http://dulfy.net/2015/04/21/swtor-3-...e-by-artorias/

You are much to low of a level it seems to really be concerned with one ability but no matter what. Stack 3 charges of surging change before hitting discharge. If you're using discharge with anything less than 3 stacks, stop doing that.

You also need to remember that deception has a positional requirement. It has a back stab like move called Maul. You have to be behind your target to use it. Something you wont do much of solo after your opening move or you leave stealth unless you stun or your tank has aggro. It does a large amount of damage and on a proc, uses very little force. Thats when it's normally used unless you open with it. (coming out of stealth you regen force a little faster if you took that ability)

I like the deception play style when running with a tank companion or a group play with a real tank as you'll do your best DPS. If your going to solo, Maul is mostly out and that will hurt your DPS. I like deception better than the other which is more like a DOT spec. It does great DPS but to me not as fun to play.

If you are not using a double bladed saber that is your first mistake as that is the classes main weapon of choice. You should have gotten one in the given packet of gear when you picked your adv. class at level 10. Assassins will always want a double saber weapon. It says o in their description and on many of their abilities.

If you have misplaced it. Go to the GTN and get one. I'd get an orange one. That way, you can save up comms and put in the hilt, mod, enhancement you want as you level. Easily making sure it stays upgraded.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-09-03 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted

Cool

Thanks for the tips!!! I'm taking Khem what's-his-name, so usually I can backstab adversaries... I'm having some difficulties getting 3 stacks on my surging charge...

Do you think Darkness is better for soloing? And if so, is it possible to respec?

I use a double lightsaber, the one I was asking about is just I think it looks badass!!!! (edit: in the pic available on the SWTOR forums, by TianaArylle, the 5th on the bottom of the pic)
    Last edited by mmoc6861f33070; 2015-09-03 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixil View Post
    Thanks for the tips!!! I'm taking Khem what's-his-name, so usually I can backstab adversaries... I'm having some difficulties getting 3 stacks on my surging charge...

Do you think Darkness is better for soloing? And if so, is it possible to respec?

I use a double lightsaber, the one I was asking about is just I think it looks badass!!!! (edit: in the pic available on the SWTOR forums, by TianaArylle, the 5th on the bottom of the pic)
    You may have trouble building charges because you are missing hits. It happens when your leveling. Not much you can do about it except put on a little accuracy gear. You only build a stack with melee hits and it doesn't happen every time so im thinking that is why your slow to build stacks for now and there is a small bit of randomness to it.

Darkness could be good for soloing things with a decently geared healing companion. If you're geared as a tank, you could take a lot of hits but DPS would be a bit lower. Might take a while to kill things. You would be playing to outlast them. If your goal is to do a lot of solo content, i could see giving it a go.

You can respec within your adv. class. If your a subscriber its free on the fleet or 200K credits for unlimited anywhere on the skills tab. If your not a subscriber, it will cost some credits and on fleet only. Cant remember where the guy is exactly but hes in one of the corner rooms on fleet.

There are some that do look cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You may have trouble building charges because you are missing hits. It happens when your leveling. Not much you can do about it except put on a little accuracy gear. You only build a stack with melee hits and it doesn't happen every time so im thinking that is why your slow to build stacks for now and there is a small bit of randomness to it.

Darkness could be good for soloing things with a decently geared healing companion. If you're geared as a tank, you could take a lot of hits but DPS would be a bit lower. Might take a while to kill things. You would be playing to outlast them. If your goal is to do a lot of solo content, i could see giving it a go.

You can respec within your adv. class. If your a subscriber its free on the fleet or 200K credits for unlimited anywhere on the skills tab. If your not a subscriber, it will cost some credits and on fleet only. Cant remember where the guy is exactly but hes in one of the corner rooms on fleet.

There are some that do look cool.
    Thanks for the feedback!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the weapon you are talking about? http://tor-fashion.com/cathar-warstaff/

If so, the only way to get it is to buy it off of the cartel market. I think it costs 400 cartel coins.

Deleted
    Hi!

No, I'm looking for a double-bladed lightsaber, not an electrostaff...

I can't post links, but if you google for "swtor double bladed lightsaber" one of the the first pics you get is a square with 15 different hilts... The one I'm talking about is the 5th on the bottom, counting left to right...

- - - Updated - - -

So, I respec to Darkness, and now am (or should eventually become) a tank... But now I'm thinking, I read about Maul in every guide... Isn't Maul to be used for backstabbing? And if so, being a tank, doesn't it mean that the enemy will be constantly turned towards my toon, hence negating backstabbing? (I should probably go for a Warrior, it's more slashing... But Assassins are so cool!!!!)

At level 52, assassins get a passive skill that lets them use maul while facing an opponent. It's a proc based usage that also lets it consume 50% less energy. Useful for a bit more DPS instead of using a particular tank/threat move should you be soloing.

Level 52 called conspirator's cloak - Can occur once every 10 secs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    At level 52, assassins get a passive skill that lets them use maul while facing an opponent. It's a proc based usage that also lets it consume 50% less energy. Useful for a bit more DPS instead of using a particular tank/threat move should you be soloing.

Level 52 called conspirator's cloak - Can occur once every 10 secs.
    Ah! Thank you!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deception only hits really hard during its Recklessness window. Outside of that it's kinda RNG.

If you feel like your damage is low, you should probably first and foremost look at your force management.
    There is a strict order of abilities you must follow and if you don't.. you'll have no force.