Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion777 View Post
    Pretty sure dw is out for tanking as I believe they said for tanking it's just one huge glaive. Some of the pics show that too, dh with one glaive vs two. Seems like they touched on that during the first reveal?
    Site please? I'm pretty sure we'll still be dual wielding while tanking, and will be quite annoyed if it turns out to be not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

They've said that a Glaive set is a single item, but they are still dual wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by Therion777 View Post
    Pretty sure dw is out for tanking as I believe they said for tanking it's just one huge glaive. Some of the pics show that too, dh with one glaive vs two. Seems like they touched on that during the first reveal?
    No official statement has been released on that regard. We have however seen a dual wielding Demon Hunter in the short gameplay preview shown at GamesCon and, since there is no way to know if it was related to a Vengeance or to a Havoc Demon Hunter, it's safer to assume that both will be dual wielding.

As I was saying, pretty sure, but not 100%. I checked the initial reveal again, and no, I was mistaken there, but I swear it was one of the many initial interviews they did, more of an off the cuff remark, if that makes sense? They were asked about tanking style, and said something about being a true avoidance tank. My only other source I can site for this is the release video where they show DH standing there with just one glaive... but then again who knows, things often change. I just wouldn't be surprised if they emulated the DK blood style and relegated it to a single weapon. If I have time later I will go through that second "interview" the devs did, in between all the shots of costume contest and everything else...but in the end, which is better, dw parry tanking, or straight agility avoidance tanking? Which seems silly, considering they look pretty beefy to be an avoidance tank...

- - - Updated - - -

Again, read through the transcript, and I am mistaken again...well, I am big enough to admit I could very well, and might be, wrong! Personally I am hoping for dw tanking, I used to dw frost tank before they took that away, so a parry based meat shield might be pretty sweet...definitely looking forward to it, and hoping its actually something different from any other tank we've seen so far.

Yeah. I think what they showed off is a no spec demon hunter (you would probably pick your spec some way into the starting zone), and so the base class has the agility, mobility, and combat style, and the demon you pick up differentiates what support spells you have (offensive or defensive).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and ditto on the frost tank. That was my tanking alt in Wrath. Really miss that style.

I dont care what it is, i just want it to be fast paced and very high skill ceiling. Like brewmasters were in MoP before they slowed down the spec in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Yeah. I think what they showed off is a no spec demon hunter (you would probably pick your spec some way into the starting zone), and so the base class has the agility, mobility, and combat style, and the demon you pick up differentiates what support spells you have (offensive or defensive).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and ditto on the frost tank. That was my tanking alt in Wrath. Really miss that style.
    Eww. I hope Frost Tank in any way, shape or form, comes back. It was so boring to play. "Oh look, I passively take 60% reduced damage....so much fun"

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Dodge might be central due to the class flavour and "Evasion" from War3/HoTS.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Vengeance was replaced with Resolve now, because tanks were scaling to do ridiculous damage.
    I wouldn't expect this to change in Legion.
    I think the OP was talking about Vengeance the DH spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So we can guess there will be some type of AM to increase dodge chance, exactly like SD and EB. What else are they going to have in their toolkit? You would think some type of healing or absorb. At this point im kind of worried about making the spec unique enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    They said there will be Auras(i'm surprised that there's no paladins whinning about demon hunters having auras after paladin lost them) when you meta, so Meta mighty be a Raid Cooldown for defense, maybe increasing leech for everyone for the time being.
    Back on War3 Meta gave alot of extra HP and HP-Regen too.
    I suspect the main reason us paladins aren't whining about this is we're so jaded with Blizz changing things up for us that we just don't give a damn anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

I don't think they will be friendly auras. Apotheosis had Curse Auras, and I expect these to be similar.

Yea honestly when dks were announced as the "anti paladin" thematically I was hoping they would get debuff auras. I'm sure we will find out in 4 weeks. They could incorporate auras as weaker versions of current debuffs, maybe 5% less damage dealt and give other classes 10% but only to a single target, maybe a talent/glyph that increases it when you are in meta, each spec having two they can switch between, with one common one.

It could also be how their Active Mitigation works: putting up Powerful, but short duration, debuff auras to weaken foes. The only problem is that it could be stacked with another tank's AM, but I'm sure that can be fixed in the mechanics by having it only effect attacks against the DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    It could also be how their Active Mitigation works: putting up Powerful, but short duration, debuff auras to weaken foes. The only problem is that it could be stacked with another tank's AM, but I'm sure that can be fixed in the mechanics by having it only effect attacks against the DH.
    It would be weird to have a debuff affecting only mobs that are attacking the DH. it would kinda be doing the excact same thing a buff is doing but with a weirdo mecanic to make us belive it is not a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    It would be weird to have a debuff affecting only mobs that are attacking the DH. it would kinda be doing the excact same thing a buff is doing but with a weirdo mecanic to make us belive it is not a buff.
    That's how a Warrior's Demoralizing Shout works, so I don't really see a problem with it. It would function as if it were a buff, for most situations, it's just aesthetic past that. But DHs having their own distinct aesthetic is important, at least to my mind.