Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so you were wrong that she is younger hehehe.
    She most likely still is younger, but not by much. Certainly not by 1200 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    She most likely still is younger, but not by much. Certainly not by 1200 years.

I think that will be in Warcraft Chronicles since it was said that it will explore their ancient history before WotA.

Going by the book, Mal and Illidan would be around 20-30 years old in WotA. Like Aqua already quoted, He was "few decades" old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Going by the book, Mal and Illidan would be around 20-30 years old in WotA. Like Aqua already quoted, He was "few decades" old.

yeah it says he looks much older than his few decades.the thing is WotA trilogy is canon and Lore0logy which was deleted 2-4 years ago claimed that Malfurion was indeed 5000 years old during WotA.so recent canon things should be consider and Loreology was much more recently than WotA.its hard to say,really.
    Last edited by mmoc98df675b31; 2015-09-05 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that more recent lore indicates the WC3 ages aren't very accurate.

As noted earlier, Malf was referred to as "young" in the WotA trilogy many times. While that doesn't say much, the books did specifically say Malf was only a few decades old.
    Night elves aged very slowly, but the young Malfurion looked much older than his few decades.
    --The Sundering

Also, The Twin Empires says the troll empires dominated Kalimdor and fought the aqiri 16,000 years ago. That war lasted thousands of years. This would have been before the emergence of the NElves, since they quickly pushed out the trolls once they came about. So the entire NElf race is only about 13,000 years old.

If you look at the now non-canon timeline from the RPG, the dark trolls only first settled near the Well in Year -14,000. And their practice of arcane magic in Year -13,500.
    So if we look at a NON-canon timeline we get those numbers? Oh, my, a NON-canon timeline, I'm sure it's right
    Seriously, I knew you'd give better sources than NON-canon timelines. By that aspect I could say Malfurion and Illidan were the first dark trolls that got transformed.

And yes, the trolls fought 16k years ago. But it isn't like night elves got to the Well then instantly numbered in the millions and wiped out trolls. It is much more likely that they got to the Well, transformed quite fast and then numbers started climbing but they were ignored for quite a while since nobody cared about a few thousand dark trolls. In 1000 years they could have been a million and started their war.

And sure, the book does say "a few decades" and such... but then it was clarified that it was 5000 years. Book had a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So if we look at a NON-canon timeline we get those numbers? Oh, my, a NON-canon timeline, I'm sure it's right
    Seriously, I knew you'd give better sources than NON-canon timelines. By that aspect I could say Malfurion and Illidan were the first dark trolls that got transformed.

And yes, the trolls fought 16k years ago. But it isn't like night elves got to the Well then instantly numbered in the millions and wiped out trolls. It is much more likely that they got to the Well, transformed quite fast and then numbers started climbing but they were ignored for quite a while since nobody cared about a few thousand dark trolls. In 1000 years they could have been a million and started their war.

And sure, the book does say "a few decades" and such... but then it was clarified that it was 5000 years. Book had a mistake.

yeah.Knaak made some mistakes when he wrote WotA.later its been confirmed that they were 5000 years during WotA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave canon source. The RPG book was just a note.

The dark trolls were transformed gradually over time. Once they were actually NElves, they quickly established a strong empire. They expanded out and displaced the trolls due to their superior arcane magic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    More importantly, the night elves learned the art of spellcasting, using the energies of the Well of Eternity. The night elves' magic quickly allowed them to establish a strong empire. As the night elves claimed further territory, they came into conflict with the trolls in the area, who had long dominated much of ancient Kalimdor. Unable to master arcane magic quickly enough to counter the night elves' sudden and fierce attacks, the trolls were forced to retreat. (WC Encyclopedia)

Perhaps, or the person misremembered what Loreology said. Or Loreology just went for the easy reference instead of digging through the novel for a single line.

Deleted
    or Knaak shouldnt make that as a huge retconn.anyway,we will know their true age in Warcraft Chronicles.

Since we are on WotA and Knaak right now, I want to derail the thread for a sec to ask a question about these books. It wouldn't be worth an own thread and is "only" a little bit OT.

So, how comes that neither Krasus nor Rhonin didn't recognize any Nightelve during their time travel? I mean, the third war just ended before they got into that time anomaly. At least Malfurion and Tyrande were some big names around that time, so Krasus and Rhonin should have at least heard of them, right? Still, as they got introduced during the books, there was no knowledge about any character.
    Am I missing some obvious key element?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks View Post
    Since we are on WotA and Knaak right now, I want to derail the thread for a sec to ask a question about these books. It wouldn't be worth an own thread and is "only" a little bit OT.

So, how comes that neither Krasus nor Rhonin didn't recognize any Nightelve during their time travel? I mean, the third war just ended before they got into that time anomaly. At least Malfurion and Tyrande were some big names around that time, so Krasus and Rhonin should have at least heard of them, right? Still, as they got introduced during the books, there was no knowledge about any character.
    Am I missing some obvious key element?
    I think Krasus did.

10+ Year Old Account
    To further add confusion:
    Malfurion is the fraternal twin of Illidan Stormrage and, like his brother, grew up as the friend of Tyrande Whisperwind millennia before the Great Sundering. (WC Encyclopedia)

Illidan is the fraternal twin of Malfurion Stormrage and, like his brother, grew up as the friend of Tyrande Whisperwind millennia before the Great Sundering. (WC Encyclopedia)

Millennia before the Great Sundering, Tyrande Whisperwind grew up as the childhood friend of Malfurion and Illidan Stormrage. (WC Encyclopedia)
    This came out after the WotA trilogy. So Malf had been alive for thousands of years before the WotA, discrediting the age in the novel. However, it seems they kept the reduced age gap between the twins and Tyrande.

To further add confusion:
    Malfurion is the fraternal twin of Illidan Stormrage and, like his brother, grew up as the friend of Tyrande Whisperwind millennia before the Great Sundering. (WC Encyclopedia)

Illidan is the fraternal twin of Malfurion Stormrage and, like his brother, grew up as the friend of Tyrande Whisperwind millennia before the Great Sundering. (WC Encyclopedia)

Millennia before the Great Sundering, Tyrande Whisperwind grew up as the childhood friend of Malfurion and Illidan Stormrage. (WC Encyclopedia)
    This came out after the WotA trilogy. So Malf had been alive for thousands of years before the WotA, discrediting the age in the novel. However, it seems they kept the reduced age gap between the twins and Tyrande.
    yeah.they were 1000 years old during WotA.canon stuff which are released after previous canon stuff are canon which are true.Tyrande,Illidan and Malfurion are the same age(1000 during WotA and 11,031 during WoD).

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah.they were 1000 years old during WotA.canon stuff which are released after previous canon stuff are canon which are true.Tyrande,Illidan and Malfurion are the same age(1000 during WotA and 11,031 during WoD).
    "Millennia" is plural, they were thousands of years old during WotA. Since it fudges the numbers given in WC3, there's no way to know for certain how old any of them are. Considering the rough timetable of NElf emergence, they're probably 12-13K years old by now. My guess is that Tyrande's WC3 age (13K ish) is the closest to accurate, with the twins being changed to that.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-09-06 at 06:47 PM.

"Millennia" is plural, they were thousands of years old during WotA. Since it fudges the numbers given in WC3, there's no way to know for certain how old any of them are. Considering the rough timetable of NElf emergence, they're probably 12-13K years old by now. My guess is that Tyrande's WC3 age (13K ish) is the closest to accurate, with the twins being changed to that.
    oh yeah sorry.well,there will be something in Legion like "wound in the world"which happened 12,000 years ago.they will be most likely mentioned in that.

Deleted
    oh yeah sorry.well,there will be something in Legion like "wound in the world"which happened 12,000 years ago.they will be most likely mentioned in that.
    yeah pretty much this.

All ages are at the time of the Third War, which took place in Year 20.
    Tyrande Whisperwind: 13,836
    Malfurion Stormrage: 15,032
    Illidan Stormrage: 15,032
    Wuuut? How could they live for thousands years if they ceased to age only when Nozdormu enchanted Nordrassil after the Sundering? And after the 3d war they started to age!

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Wuuut? How could they live for thousands years if they ceased to age only when Nozdormu enchanted Nordrassil after the Sundering? And after the 3d war they started to age!
    all Night Elves live extremely long,up to 5000 years I think.Tyrande,Malfurion and Illidan grew up millennia before the Great Sundering.they were most likely 2000 or 3000 years old during WotA,as Aquamonkey posted above which is canon.now since they are mortal(except Illidan,he lives forever since he is a demon)they are ageing but very slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    The NElves were immortal before the Sundering from the Well of Eternity.