Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    The "nerfed versions" of those raids took 3-4 months to show up and started at a 5% nerf that stacked weekly. It took 7 weeks for the 35% nerf to take hold in ICC. If you're this salty then just quit and stop worrying about the game. There are far more than 1 million subs at the moment and being on 2 full realms I can assure you that raiding as a whole isn't suffering greatly at the moment, but the pre expansion blues will be setting in on a guild by guild basis.

I've personally never understood the whole "i'm going to quit until the next expansion" thing either. I have tons to do on alts and my mains. I want to push the top end content no matter if it's the same place on the 5th difficulty or the 5th raid on it's only difficulty. For someone like me multiple difficulties (Which we've had since 10/25m split raids came in) only means more content.

- - - Updated - - -

This is flat out wrong. You get a huge power boost in the new expansion with your Mythic gear. Heroic ICC items weren't replaced until lvl 84, Heroic DS gear wasn't replaced until lvl 89 and Mythic SOO gear wasn't replaced until lvl 99/heroics. Being able to just put your head down and level is a big advantage on your way to the end game.
    Lmao what?

A tiny boost in leveling power that lasts all of a week maybe is the reward for months and months of headbanging?

Or did you forget that Blizzard is now in the habit of making people wait to start raiding these days?

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    You need a middle road, particularly near the end of an expansion. If a guild can't push heroic archi and normal wasn't there many would take the "what's the last boss of wod matter?" approach and drop as well. God knows outside of his shoulders I have no burning desire to push him
    in mop garosh offered at least mounts+heirlooms to give people even tiny incentive to finish it at least on normal - at only thing archi is offering is fos that nobody exept for pugs care about and tiny upgrade for ring which ull have to farm for 25 weeks to maximize so you are surprised people say fuck it lets play something else.

and to people claiming that mythic gear was making difference during lvling - abuahahaha i didnt feel any difference between lvling 590 and 570 alts whatsoever - maybe there was like 15-30 minutes difference but its totaly not worth spending months in hfc and people know that - besides if legion endgame will be a shit as wod there 0 reson to rush lvling only later to have nothing to do.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-06 at 10:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner2 View Post
    It's really same what happened with WoW. It literally became their cash cow :/

I would have been just fine with regular content/raid updates and no expansions.
    Of course you would, because it means you'd save money but still get more stuff.

I don't understand this constant complaint about "there is nothing to do outside of raids". If anything it is better now than it was in the past, with the exception being Arena. As I see it, there are 3 pretty distinct activities/types of players in WoW (and its almost always been like this).

1. Raiding
    2. PvP
    3. Achievement/Mount collecting/Transmog stuff

When I include raiding, I mean outside of whatever your guilds normal times are. So things like alt raids, or pugging a specific boss, or doing GDKP runs - whatever. This is better in WoD than it has ever been with LFG and the ease of leveling and gearing alts. People on here are complaining about no reward to doing HFC with Legion coming - no shit. You raid because you enjoy raiding. To me, learning different classes and progressing with them through the Mythic content is fun. Thats why we will still do multiple Mythic clears even though the gear is irrelevant in terms of split runs or anything for next tier.

PvP is the one area where I have to admit people kind of have a point. Its still there, but as someone who played Arena devotedly S2-S7 its pretty sad to see its current state. That being said, its much much less of a grind to get geared now which is a big plus over how it was before. Its still there as a non-raid activity, the same as it always has been (just less fun/less players).

The third one is just all the other stuff. Remember, a lot of this stuff didn't even exist in the "glory days" of TBC/WoTLK raiding. There is a massive amoount of old content you can do for mounts/transmogs/whatever if you are the kind of person that likes that thing.

What exactly did you people do outside of raid in WoTLK that was so glorious? All I did was a weekly GDKP run and some guild alt runs, with some Arena in earlier seasons. How is that any different from right now in 6.2?

Let it. Wait for Legion with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Since blizzard announce the Legion xpac and the fact that 6.2 is probably the last big patch my guild is slowly breaking down. Before we had 25+ active raids slowly progressing in HC HFC looking positive for future mythic raiding at some point.
    In the last 3 weeks like +-10 core raiders just quit and all say CY in legion...

At this point I am getting frustrated, of course I will try to find new raiders but it is hard to turn this shit around.
    Anyone want to share their experience on the matter and maybe have tips on how to keep things going till the next xpac?
    It isn't hard to turn it around. You need to be persistent. There are always people looking for a raid group. You need to be active and find them. Recruiting is crucial. You'll never be able to have your 25 players or so and say "Ok. We're good to go". You WILL lose people when content starts getting old. Everybody wants in a raid when it's new. So the first few weeks of a new raid attendance is sky high. But the people that just come back for new content are the ones you want to avoid in your raid group. Because they'll do the same thing every tier. You can't rely on them to be there when they don't feel like it. And being part of a raid group means being there when you don't want to as much as being there when you do want to. Within reason.

Another thing is we gear way too fast right now. The faster people get the gear they want, the faster they're going to start missing raids. Blizz needs to get rid of bonus rolls, and caches.

So here is what you need to do.

-Rebuild. Focus on recruiting. Make threads on the official forums, mmochamp, reddit, do trade ads, whatever. And update them and bump them daily. And when Legion comes and you have your raiders that have stuck with you, you use them for your raid group. You don't give everyone who left in WoD and wants their spot back because Legion is new and they want in the new raid. Sucks for them, but eventually they're going to realize that it's not just about them.

-Have a strong support team in your officers. Don't shoulder all of the responsibility. Even if you only have 1, get someone that has the same goals and work together to keep doing what you want to do.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    You think you have it bad? I don't even have a raid team. Then again I do not want a strict schedule at the moment anyway, I want to log on when I want to log on.

So the only interesting part of the game at the moment is to optimize pugs towards heroic Archimonde for when I'm online but that also gets dull.

That makes it sound a good idea to turn Mythic to cross realm and regular saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I

Another thing is we gear way too fast right now. .
    we gear up fast up to a certain point - yu can gear up to 695 in around a week but later it slows down extremly - and guilds which are currently in hc dont need 695 people who they would need to gear from scratch they desperately need people in around 710 itlv to kill harder bosses - but here the kicker - there is shitton of mythic guilds who are even mroe dpesperate and are taking anyhing that is above 700 itlv atm which ends up completly fucking up hc guilds - its probably much easier to find now a decent pug then a semi decent hc guild.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You think you have it bad? I don't even have a raid team. Then again I do not want a strict schedule at the moment anyway, I want to log on when I want to log on.
    Purely out of your own choice though.

Having raiders burn out or quit is their choice, but negatively affects OP.

Blizzard can fix raider burn out by introducing content more frequently or unique challenges that provide long term investments. Blizzard can't change your schedule of work/school/personal life to make you want to raid set hours each week.

it's the 20 man mythic gate. They should have done away with it in highmaul BEFORE hundreds of thousands of people left due to raiding guilds disbanding all the way back then. Now it's probably too late, but breaking down that gate would save it for some people still and not cause anything below a high pop server to become a complete ghost town.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    Purely out of your own choice though.

Having raiders burn out or quit is their choice, but negatively affects OP.

Blizzard can fix raider burn out by introducing content more frequently or unique challenges that provide long term investments. Blizzard can't change your schedule of work/school/personal life to make you want to raid set hours each week.

For me it would be enormous help if the lockouts of Mythic became like Heroic's and it allowed cross realm so that guild teams aren't strictly required. That way I could take people across the whole region to down a few bosses without even requiring a guild.

Sure we wouldn't be able to down more than 5 bosses most likely but we can try.

Besides, given the right setup, it might be very successful up to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I hear you OP, my guild's saw a big decline in sign ups and any hope of mythic has gone. I cannot believe Blizzard would release less content and still expect us to endure a content drought.
    What you are referring to isn't content drought. The patch is only what 3months old? Content Drought refer to a long time without content and it hasn't been that at all. In a few more months sure it will be a drought, for now it's just your guild too stupid to do content that is appropriate for them but instead take the easier mode so they could then have something to bitch about. If you are a mythic raider, stick to only mythic. It's not like you have to clear heroic to unlock mythic any more. Do the content appropriate to your ability and know that if you choose to go the fast clear path it's your own damn fault for being bored.

I'm so sick of the bullshit of "oh I clear LFR now I have nothing to do". Just stay the fuck out of LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    If you are a mythic raider, stick to only mythic. It's not like you have to clear heroic to unlock mythic any more. Do the content appropriate to your ability and know that if you choose to go the fast clear path it's your own damn fault for being bored.
    So go straight to mythic without doing heroic? Do you even play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    For me it would be enormous help if the lockouts of Mythic became like Heroic's and it allowed cross realm so that guild teams aren't strictly required. That way I could take people across the whole region to down a few bosses without even requiring a guild.

Sure we wouldn't be able to down more than 5 bosses most likely but we can try.

Besides, given the right setup, it might be very successful up to a point.
    Or, as it was during SoO

People fuck you with a lockout or leave after the first boss, requiring you to find more people to continue. Heroic then, mythic now, has NEVER been intended to be puggable, despite how many nerfs they provide. If you want that content, simply invest the time to raiding with a guild, time that's probably less than you spend pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It has always been like that. The last raiding tier of an expansion always feels a bit pointless since you know that there is no reason to do the whole farming thing. My suggestion would be to talk about it within the guild, come to an agreement on what your goal for this expansion is. If enough people don't want to keep progress raiding, maybe the best thing for the guild is to just take it easy until Legion. Maybe try to clear as much as possible on 1-2 raids a week. The other way is to just replace the ones that doesn't want to continue raiding, but I guess that might not be so easy for a struggling casual guild.
    Well I am in a guild which has been around since like 2008 so we will survive one way or the other.. we are thinking of dropping to 2 raid days a week (currently we have 3) and just getting some more people in the guild. I don't really get why people stop playing right after the announcement of an xpac I will not go live within atleast 6 months (if not longer I think it will go live same time as the movie around june)..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    -Have a strong support team in your officers. Don't shoulder all of the responsibility.Even if you only have 1, get someone that has the same goals and work together to keep doing what you want to do.

Thanks that helps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not so early in a final raid tier though. A lot of this is a carry over from so little to do for all of WoD. Looking at half a year of HFC left to choke down with nothing else has a lot of people pulling the plug on the game for now.
    Ya I think this is a problem if you have been playing wod regularly and did world things, than at this point your probably done with everything outside of raiding. Raiding alone isn't enough to stay subbed at this point for a lot of people.. people feel ripped of by the lack of content even though they pay 15 euro every month..

10+ Year Old Account
    find a guild that wants to raid current content, or chill out with your current guild?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    Or, as it was during SoO

People fuck you with a lockout or leave after the first boss, requiring you to find more people to continue. Heroic then, mythic now, has NEVER been intended to be puggable, despite how many nerfs they provide. If you want that content, simply invest the time to raiding with a guild, time that's probably less than you spend pugging.

I kill (and usually one-shot) heroic Archimonde every week and I bet I could do the same for the few first bosses of HFC. I don't get your logic. I do not want to have a strict raiding schedule like it's a job, I find it appalling.

That's how I'm having fun and I think unlocking Mythic would be a lot of fun for a lot of people, including those that didn't do a boss with their Guild, and there are a lot of benched on Mythic guilds.

The archaic argument "it keeps Guilds forced to be together" should be ignored. If they require a forced mechanic to keep them together then they should disband now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That is one of the three big reasons that made me quit raiding - after Ulduar. I loved Ulduar as a raid, but the introduction of more than one difficulty setting into WoW raiding made me realize much of what I loved about raiding was lost.
    Personally, I loved how heroic modes worked in Ulduar -- you had to initiate them as part of the actual fight or in the case of Mim, push the big red button.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Trust me, it'll get much worse.
    This. The decline in activity has actually stopped for the last couple of months.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is flat out wrong. You get a huge power boost in the new expansion with your Mythic gear. Heroic ICC items weren't replaced until lvl 84, Heroic DS gear wasn't replaced until lvl 89 and Mythic SOO gear wasn't replaced until lvl 99/heroics. Being able to just put your head down and level is a big advantage on your way to the end game.
    You might shave whole HOURS off your leveling time. The importance of this huge plus cannot be overstated!!1!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Raiding guilds always have this crisis point sort of midway through progress when people start quitting, often happens if you get stuck on (end)boss as well. New tier and especially new expansion brings in an influx of new players that then start quitting and soon there's nothing to replace with in as every guild is in the same situation, until guilds start dying and then those that survive have recruits again. This is normal and has been going on for years :P

For you, recruit as hard as you can. If you can't find recruits, consider trying to poach. If nothing else works, consider a merge. If the more drastic options don't appeal and it's not working it's probably best to take a break yourself :P
    Or you can just find a guild having the same struggles and agree to work together while staying independent of each other. It can actually work quite well so long as people can swallow their egos and players from both guilds in healing or tanking roles can be convinced to take turns playing their primary and off spec roles. You may risk losing a player to the other guild because they like their people better I'm guessing, but if your guilt "culture" is worth avoiding a merge, it's unlikely anyone would want to leave anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bored One View Post
    I stopped playing a month ago. I tried, I really tried to hang on to the game because there is shit else to play until November, I do mean SHIT, but I'm just not finding myself being motivated anymore, this game is sooo fucking boring now. I spent a ton of cash on tokens to sell for gold and buy conquest points from the AH because I would rather throw my PC out the window than farm conquest gear for another character right now. Every time same shit, level a character to 100, hit Ashran and discover there is something I really don't like about that character in pvp.

Most played characters are
    *hunter, which I discovered it's a dogturd in 1v1 against other ranged classes (except mage) as well as against some of the melee, and I can't stand losing in 1v1.
    *protection warrior, which was nice, until I discovered it's really not that strong in 1v1 against melee who know what they're doing and also does really low damage which is not fun.
    *feral druid, was nice until I discovered how crappy and glitchy looking is the claws of shirvallah form that apparently is mandatory for pvp because it lets you cast in cat form, and I HATE visual glitches with a passion.
    *affliction lock, discovered its mobility is exactly 0 meaning that in group pvp situations unless there is healer nearby there is no way for you to survive nor even run away
    *balance druid, really disliked the dps rotation
    *frost dk. I dunno, I used to play a dk in wotlk and cata but today I find dks to be extremely boring, especially the dual wield frost build that is apparently fotm.

Anything else is terrible in 1v1 situations, so no reason to try those. Cancelled sub and deleted wow two days ago but I'll definitely be back in Legion, no reason and no motivation to play until then. Also, the shipyard missions are giving me a nausea, I never believed the garrison missions could be even worse than the follower mission part. Did most of the flying achievement but I really cba with the Tanaan rep crap, not at all.

God there is nothing to play until November, so trolling forums and twitch watching for me for the next two months.
    So the game sucks cause you lose duels.... Gotcha.