Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The legion announcement + content drought is killing my raiding guild

    Since blizzard announce the Legion xpac and the fact that 6.2 is probably the last big patch my guild is slowly breaking down. Before we had 25+ active raids slowly progressing in HC HFC looking positive for future mythic raiding at some point.
    In the last 3 weeks like +-10 core raiders just quit and all say CY in legion...

    At this point I am getting frustrated, of course I will try to find new raiders but it is hard to turn this shit around.
    Anyone want to share their experience on the matter and maybe have tips on how to keep things going till the next xpac?

  2. #2
    Deleted
    There is simply no reward in staying around to kill bosses you already killed in another difficulty setting. And when you understand that raiding the same content in multiple settings is no longer fun, then there is simply nothing else that WOD offers to keep you going.

  3. #3
    Trust me, it'll get much worse.

    I'll be surprised if there are more than maybe 2-3 active raiding guilds per average server by the time Legion is out. It's going to be another many months before expansion launch.

    HFC is still actually fairly new, when people have hit brick walls or complete their preferred difficulty then they're going to lose interest.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    It's really same what happened with WoW. It literally became their cash cow :/

    I would have been just fine with regular content/raid updates and no expansions.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    There is simply no reward in staying around to kill bosses you already killed in another difficulty setting. And when you understand that raiding the same content in multiple settings is no longer fun, then there is simply nothing else that WOD offers to keep you going.
    That is one of the three big reasons that made me quit raiding - after Ulduar. I loved Ulduar as a raid, but the introduction of more than one difficulty setting into WoW raiding made me realize much of what I loved about raiding was lost.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Denizly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rift of Aln
    Posts
    1,050
    Taking a 'brake' between the last patch and the expac is normal.
    Only way to somewhat fix it is to recruit sadly.

    Had the same thing each last patch, you either recruit enough to keep on, pug, or go on the brake.

    AMT my guild is okish, we're still progressing in HC due to having a brake all august (exams). We'll clean all on HC and take the long brake soon after since we got 13 or 14 active members. Same issue happened during BRF we raided till april and got bored of just clearing HC, 90% got their HC bis gear by that point. Same is gonna happen again
    Last edited by Denizly; 2015-09-04 at 09:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Yeah, people are dropping like flies. It bums me out that most of the serious raiders in my guild have quit for the rest of the expansion. There's no hope of me finding a CM group at this point at all.

    Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

  8. #8
    I don't really get the multiple settings logic here. It's not like multiple raid tiers were replaced with multiple difficulties of the same tier.

    You had nothing more to do after clearing ICC, you had nothing more to do after clearing DS, you had nothing more to do after clearing SoO and you got nothing to do after clearing HC. It's just what it is - you tackled the final content of an expansion and now there's nothing more to do until the next xpac ships. Unless you're willing to do the same thing over and over and over again for several more months to come. If anything, an additional difficulty would give it a little more sense - I don't see how multiple difficulties are to blame.

    It's just the nature of raiding. Why would you do the same stuff for months, especially when it's not leading up to anything else? People will naturally become bored and take a break. Content drought is a traditional problem of the whole concept of raiding guilds. It simply comes with the territory, you either put up with that, or you don't. Just one of the reasons I gave up on it several years ago. Don't see the point in "keeping things going" when there isn't anything to be kept going. It's just a hassle.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Since blizzard announce the Legion xpac and the fact that 6.2 is probably the last big patch my guild is slowly breaking down. Before we had 25+ active raids slowly progressing in HC HFC looking positive for future mythic raiding at some point.
    In the last 3 weeks like +-10 core raiders just quit and all say CY in legion...

    At this point I am getting frustrated, of course I will try to find new raiders but it is hard to turn this shit around.
    Anyone want to share their experience on the matter and maybe have tips on how to keep things going till the next xpac?
    if you dropped below 20 man and are not yet in mythic then sorry to say but your guild is pretty much doomed as all geared players will be jumping straight to mythic guilds who starve players too at this point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post

    HFC is still actually fairly new, when people have hit brick walls or complete their preferred difficulty then they're going to lose interest.
    its pretty new but the tuning of 2nd part of it on hc is pretty brutal for casual non-mythic guilds - most of those who are not at least 12/13 hc atm will perish in next 2-3 months.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really get the multiple settings logic here. It's not like multiple raid tiers were replaced with multiple difficulties of the same tier.

    You had nothing more to do after clearing ICC, you had nothing more to do after clearing DS, you had nothing more to do after clearing SoO and you got nothing to do after clearing HC. It's just what it is - you tackled the final content of an expansion and now there's nothing more to do until the next xpac ships. Unless you're willing to do the same thing over and over and over again for several more months to come. If anything, an additional difficulty would give it a little more sense - I don't see how multiple difficulties are to blame.
    Ehh, I can only speak for myself, but a big part of raiding for me was the feeling of finally killing a boss after trying, trying and trying some more. When we killed Kael'thas, that was it. It'd taken a long time and many attempts but he was finally dead (And we'd earned the right to enter Hyjal, but that's another topic). That vanished with the "but that wasn't even his final form!" feeling of multiple difficulties. A little less like a heroic story, a little more obviously like a game.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk OreoLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Irvine-to-Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,837
    That's the usual and just fine.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really get the multiple settings logic here. It's not like multiple raid tiers were replaced with multiple difficulties of the same tier.

    You had nothing more to do after clearing ICC, you had nothing more to do after clearing DS,.
    both icc and ds had gradual nerfs so people could and did strike for nerfed version of hc prety seriously especially that badge gear was giving very nice boost too- now there is nothing and since most peopel will never kill normal archi the nerf is non existent for guidls which really need it - blizzard just given up on wow its quite clear - they are reducing and cuting out everything and probably only thing which will remain in next expansion will be few dungeons at start then only 2 tiers of raid + shop mounts to milk that 1 mln that will remain due to addiction

    blizzard is just anoyign at this point - instead thinking of something which will give players char progress source on daily basis - maybe wf/socket/tertiary augument for gear for daily/dungeon currency they are just lazy like fuck and not doin anything
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-04 at 10:32 AM.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    i really wonder why Blizz doesnt bring in another carrot on the stick like garrosh heirlooms in MOP.

  14. #14
    Raiding guilds always have this crisis point sort of midway through progress when people start quitting, often happens if you get stuck on (end)boss as well. New tier and especially new expansion brings in an influx of new players that then start quitting and soon there's nothing to replace with in as every guild is in the same situation, until guilds start dying and then those that survive have recruits again. This is normal and has been going on for years :P

    For you, recruit as hard as you can. If you can't find recruits, consider trying to poach. If nothing else works, consider a merge. If the more drastic options don't appeal and it's not working it's probably best to take a break yourself :P

  15. #15
    I hear you OP, my guild's saw a big decline in sign ups and any hope of mythic has gone. I cannot believe Blizzard would release less content and still expect us to endure a content drought.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Ehh, I can only speak for myself, but a big part of raiding for me was the feeling of finally killing a boss after trying, trying and trying some more. When we killed Kael'thas, that was it. It'd taken a long time and many attempts but he was finally dead (And we'd earned the right to enter Hyjal, but that's another topic). That vanished with the "but that wasn't even his final form!" feeling of multiple difficulties. A little less like a heroic story, a little more obviously like a game.
    You mean you got bored of the last tier more quickly and earlier than in the past because you already killed the bad guy on a lower difficulty first, so there was less reason to stick around longer? Because even if it the "final form" was technically longer-lasting content, the motivation was missing because you kinda did it already?

    So in a way, the lower difficulty settings are a kind of a spoiler?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    That's the usual and just fine.
    Not at all, Blizzard never lost so much subscribers in such such a shot period of time.

  18. #18
    I myself stopped creating raids due faltering interest in the game,inevtiably now as well quit raiding till Legion.

    Still need to kill archi, but we got a few months for that now.

    It feels nice being able to focus on other games, and there are a lot coming next few months that would be fun to play, without bothering about ' i need to do X in wow because of raid on Y'

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Not at all, Blizzard never lost so much subscribers in such such a shot period of time.
    Well you can't just come up and bring the old "sub loss yadda" argument without actually making any real points, even if that's what people generally like to do. It's just a thought-terminating cliché. How is the final tier situation in WoD any different from all the other expansions? Guilds have always struggled to keep the ranks intact at this stage of the expansion. What's so magically different now that you'd go out on a limb and try to attribute all the sub losses to this?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You mean you got bored of the last tier more quickly and earlier than in the past because you already killed the bad guy on a lower difficulty first, so there was less reason to stick around longer? Because even if it the "final form" was technically longer-lasting content, the motivation was missing because you kinda did it already?

    So in a way, the lower difficulty settings are a kind of a spoiler?
    Yeah, that's more or less it. The feeling of beating a boss on the easy setting took away from the feeling of defeating it on the "real" difficulty setting. There were no more Kael'thas moments for me after multiple difficulty settings were introduced.

    Of course, I had other reasons for not enjoying raiding either - scheduling concerns and boring loot (both in terms of stats and aesthetics) - but multiple difficulties was a big one for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •