Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That is one of the three big reasons that made me quit raiding - after Ulduar. I loved Ulduar as a raid, but the introduction of more than one difficulty setting into WoW raiding made me realize much of what I loved about raiding was lost.
    Yep, I agree with this. Ulduar was beautiful because how you did the fight changed the difficulty in very specific ways; it wasn't just "flip switch, boss has more health and hits harder."

My guild is 1/13M on a 3-day/9 hour schedule and I'm struggling to find a reason to continue raiding. Legion is far enough in the future that we're already feeling the attrition. Previously dependable core raiders are no-shows, and are apathetic enough to not even post on our guild site that they're missing a raid night. Going 13/13M requires overhauling our raid roster, and I have zero interest gearing up and training a bunch of new-to-us people this late in an xpac who are just as likely to flake out, server xfer or end up being a douche. Might as well take a break now, then come back to find/create a new raid team when the xpac pre-patch hits.

TL;DR: Behold! The field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I quit raiding a few weeks after HFC came out. In the very first week I cleared the raid on normal. In the second or third week I killed everything on HC.

Why would I bother to wipe/progress/kill (on) the same bosses for the third time?

this multiple difficulty model sucks the fun out of raiding
    Because in all games with different difficulty level you're supposed to go to the highest level to win. That's the point, it's like saying "Oh I played Civ on Chieften and won." Yeah so what, a trained monkey could. Unless you defeat the raid on mythic (Or win Civ games on Deity) then simply put you've not won. You still have more to do.

While I completely agree that there are way too many difficulties of one raid and that there are way too many variables on things like loot, to say "I cleared the instance on lfr/normal i have no motivation to bother with more, I've seen it all" is a bit of a cop out. Not to say everyone should strive for full clearing on Mythic if you have no interest, but having the attitude of "yeah I killed Archimonde LFR, nothing left in this game to do, I am quitting" is really sad.

I raid in and run an established mythic raiding guild, and we do still clear some heroic. I can safely say that yes, heroic feels dull and boring. Mythic is fun and tuned much better, mechanics are interesting and overall Blizzard does a fantastic job with raids and have done for a long time. To wholeheartedly play a game, you should want to experience what is offered, and if you choose not to then don't complain that you've seen it all. I can guarantee that LFR Archimone (or any boss for that matter) is a whole different fight to Heroic, and then Mythic.

In the case of forced 20 man raiding, yeah it has caused some problems within the community. In the same breath, if you want to enough, you WILL find a guild and experience the things you want to. Guilds are starving for players and will give chances to those who work hard enough at it. That means not expecting to walk into a 9 Mythic or higher guild tomorrow with no experience. You start from somewhere and work on your gear/play style/understanding of fights.

Like the guy before mentions, you don't buy a game and complete it on the easiest difficulty and throw it away saying "well that was a shit game".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Let it. Wait for Legion with them.
    Most of the time a raid will fall apart if people stop raiding for months. And we know it will be months because there wont be a 6.3 with a new raid.

That means people HAVE to pretty much farm HFC ad nauseam or risk their raid just imploding when Legion comes out.

Hell, we for example had this issue after some people took a break for just 1 1/2 Months after we killed Blackfuse Heroic (now Mythic). The raid almost fell apart and we still havent recovered.

Knowing how raiding works (raiding since TBC and not my first raid) I know this is not some freak occurrence.

Meaning: It wont get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralyn View Post
    While I completely agree that there are way too many difficulties of one raid and that there are way too many variables on things like loot, to say "I cleared the instance on lfr/normal i have no motivation to bother with more, I've seen it all" is a bit of a cop out. Not to say everyone should strive for full clearing on Mythic if you have no interest, but having the attitude of "yeah I killed Archimonde LFR, nothing left in this game to do, I am quitting" is really sad.
    and why is it sad exackly ? he did clear the whole instance and is done with game - 95 % of wow playerbase never given a single f.... about anything above lowest difficulty lv and never will - its nice that you enjoy you hardmodes but stop puting people in the same box as you - most players do not enjoy hardmode and if game is unable to provide them enough content on easy mode to keep them interested its failed game simple as that.

people who clearly see that they have 0 chance to kill mythic archi atm - and 99% dont will benefit much more from taking a break now untill legion (which can as well take 12 months to get released) reneving the interest into game when it lands then farm instance for months only to get that 15-20 minutes faster lvling experiene. (also with mythic archi mount being 1 for 20 man you need 5 months of farm to get all our raiders mounts - how many guilds will achieve that - 200 ? if people are below wolrd 200 they have very slim chance for mount anyway - and it would suck to progress for 6-10 months in mythic only to not be lucky enough to win rolls for mount)
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-09 at 07:50 AM.

We all can see it's not getting better...a lot of players will take breakes, go for the football match or movie on tv or even talk to man/wife instead of raiding.
    You notice it in signed people, you hear people talking on mumble about it.

It is usesless taking new people because they think just alike and you will be stuck in a loop...what makes current people taking breakes again.

Blizzard should now make adjustments to make life more easy for smaller groups...make mythic flexable and make adjustments to heroic fights so you dont be 100% screwed when entering a fight with 10 people on some bosses with part of them melee.

Talking about the 3 differences in difficulty is stupid...there are many more, some heroic fights going with 20+ makes it lfr difficulty where you just zerg it down while the same fight going with 10 in a 50% melee/ranged makes it mythic difficulty. That is just wrong in the current situation where raids groups are getting smaller every week.

I still need to finish the legendary questline. I'm 21/33 or whatever and have been for about 3 weeks. Need to do some LFR and finish it up. I guess I could finally do Archimonde too. Might as well get the achievements.:\

Never understood the "too many difficulties" argument as a reason to quit raiding. Do you only raid once on the first reset and then hang your boots up until the next content patch? No you go in week after week so what difference does fiddling with the difficulty one particular week make?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korshay View Post
    My guild is 1/13M on a 3-day/9 hour schedule and I'm struggling to find a reason to continue raiding. Legion is far enough in the future that we're already feeling the attrition. Previously dependable core raiders are no-shows, and are apathetic enough to not even post on our guild site that they're missing a raid night. Going 13/13M requires overhauling our raid roster, and I have zero interest gearing up and training a bunch of new-to-us people this late in an xpac who are just as likely to flake out, server xfer or end up being a douche. Might as well take a break now, then come back to find/create a new raid team when the xpac pre-patch hits

In general no pain no gain though. I also had similar thoughts, and I had gone through what you're planning but at the end of the day, pre-patch or no prepatch, launch day or not, forming a guild isn't easy. The game in general has either to be pugged or endure the strict schedules of a guild, there's no easy way out just by planning when to start doing it during an expansion.

Deleted
    This happened in nearly every raiding guild I've ever been part of. We've been able to extend content by selling our runs, but that's about it. At some point people just quit to wait for the next challenge.

shhh but mythic was awesome! when game sub dropped like %50 and rest of them are pretty casua andl all u need to do is find 20 people with brain so u can enjoy AWESOME content.but wait theres more.once u done with last boss dont worry.just change your difficulty settings and start all over again.how exciting adventure isnt it? i dont understand how people still unsub over this awesome gaming experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukqs View Post
    shhh but mythic was awesome! when game sub dropped like %50 and rest of them are pretty casua andl all u need to do is find 20 people with brain so u can enjoy AWESOME content.but wait theres more.once u done with last boss dont worry.just change your difficulty settings and start all over again.how exciting adventure isnt it? i dont understand how people still unsub over this awesome gaming experience.
    What even is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore or top end raiders will always run out of content, or be working on the pinnacle of the content.

It's Blizzards fault they made so many skip mechanics, now every single person is working on HFC. Skipping HM/BRF entirely, such amazing game design. COUPLED with the fact there is no 3rd tier. Amazing. First, let's only have two raid tiers instead of three. Then, lets let everyone skip the first 2 raids entirely and then wonder why people complain there is no relevant content.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    We lost a bunch to Legionitis. And doesn't help that D3 Season 3 started as well. Tanaan is boring as f***. And no, flying doesn't help when there's nothing to fly to.

We are down to 15 from 25 and working on clearing HC. If and when we kill Archi H, we will decide if we want to take a break till Legion or do the recruitment grind of finding more people for some early Mythics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    We lost a bunch to Legionitis.

Bad luck Blizzard: She tries to create hype to keep players, loses players instead.

Like the guy before mentions, you don't buy a game and complete it on the easiest difficulty and throw it away saying "well that was a shit game".
    The way I look at it is this. "Normal" is the way the game was designed to be played. LFR/Story Modes/etc are for people who basically just want a movie and want to explore and see the lore. Hard/Mythic/Insane/etc are modes for people who just want to play for the challenge.

If you played and beat Normal mode, you can safely say you "beat" a game.

Honestly what really is so compelling from Heroic/Mythic difficulties if you already played through Normal? One extra add? More hp? More dmg? Couldn't care less.

Truth is, the most challenging thing about raiding in WoW is getting a good enough group together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Hardcore or top end raiders will always run out of content, or be working on the pinnacle of the content.

It's Blizzards fault they made so many skip mechanics, now every single person is working on HFC. Skipping HM/BRF entirely, such amazing game design. COUPLED with the fact there is no 3rd tier. Amazing. First, let's only have two raid tiers instead of three. Then, lets let everyone skip the first 2 raids entirely and then wonder why people complain there is no relevant content.
    Agreed 1000000%. When my last few alts hit 100, I basically had full sets of Baleful waiting for them. Some even quite a few Empowered Apexis. Combine that with filling out with Crafted and Timewalking... there's 0 reason to run LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic Highmaul and LFR/Normal/Heroic BRF, and you're basically just getting sidegrades from Normal HFC....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you played and beat Normal mode, you can safely say you "beat" a game.

That reminds me of how futile Mythic is as a current content for practically 99% of players in the game. To kill Mythic Archimonde before it gets a massive nerfbat (always happens the last month) you have to be in the 0.5% of the player base. The result is that most players that manage to kill it earlier than that are so few and so dedicated to do it, that for most of the rest, Mythic will never be actually "beaten", since I wouldn't consider beating it after it's done after a massive nerfbat.

I get it though, progressing to at least some bosses in it is an accomplishment and some people get that.

I mainly talk about those that have a delusion they'll do it early when they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That reminds me of how futile Mythic is as a current content for practically 99% of players in the game.
    Yes. The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

This is excellent and engaging game design that is sure to retain customers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people blow through content way to fast these days. "I must level to max and not sleep until all the raids are done". This takes away the fun because then it becomes a job more than playing a game and enjoying it. There are 1000+ other things to do on WoW just check your achievement list unless you are so dedicated that you already completed all that. Personally i'll try to complete out Mythic but it's not a high priority for me, because when Legion comes around i'll get better gear and I can just solo it later? If you don't like it hardcore with achievements then the replay value of WoW is just running alts. This is my opinion playing since 2005.