Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What would need to happen for you NOT to play a DH?

Any particular ability, gameplay mechanic, class mechanic, weakness, etc that would completely turn you off to the class?

NOTICE: POOR DPS/TANKING NOT INCLUDED. Of course if the class comes out doing half the damage or taking twice the damage as the other classes, you'll most likely reroll. So poor DPS or poor damage soaking abilities for tanks are not included as an excuse. I'm looking for a deep rooted mechanic that can't just be fixed by a simple numbers adjustment.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For them to only be able to be blood elves... Oh wait... xD

I will play one anyway just because Demon Hunter

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

7+ Year Old Account
    Limited Transmog (which I think already exists)

Helm - stuck being that blind fold thing
    Chest - stuck showing off "super cool tattoos"
    Weapons - stuck as glaives, which are a new item set which only DH can use, no others in game.

Add in the 100000000 other DH at launch all running around looking identical.

Not about that life. I'll stick to my Monk and DK.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Because I need to replace my 11 year old gutted rogue.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post

Weapons - stuck as glaives, which are a new item set which only DH can use, no others in game.

I think it's already been confirmed that DH weapons will only be Glaives. It'll be one weapon that comes as a set. Don't think they will be able to equip anything else, unfortunately.

As for the other stuff, I don't see why they'd limit the head/chest transmogs. I think they'll just be a basic look that you'll have while not wearing a helmet/chest item sort of like the DK's blue glowing eyes, blue skin texture, and vapor breath.

EDIT: Scratch that on glaives, apparently they confirmed recently that DHs will also have the option of using 1h swords.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-09-04 at 06:59 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that DH weapons will only be Glaives. It'll be one weapon that comes as a set. Don't think they will be able to equip anything else, unfortunately.

As for the other stuff, I don't see why they'd limit the head/chest transmogs. I think they'll just be a basic look that you'll have while not wearing a helmet/chest item sort of like the DK's blue glowing eyes, blue skin texture, and vapor breath.
    I read that they wanted to alter items to fit the DH look, sort of how armor on Undead is tattered, or boots on any hoofed race don't really have the "boot" part.

I don't like the idea that outside of character select and pants/boots/gloves there aren't many ways to make your DH look different from someone else's DH.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that they wanted to alter items to fit the DH look, sort of how armor on Undead is tattered, or boots on any hoofed race don't really have the "boot" part.

I don't like the idea that outside of character select and pants/boots/gloves there aren't many ways to make your DH look different from someone else's DH.
    Actually, just read that DH will also be able to use 1h swords. So that's cool.

As for altering items. That sounds pretty cool. I doubt they could alter it too much without having to waste days or months going back and altering every single leather item individually. So I'm sure it'll be a light change that can be applied across the board to every piece of gear automatically. Something like a color tint change, or adding demonic smoke/trails/energies coming out of them, etc.

There's nothing that can make me not play it. I'm rerolling Demon Hunter no matter what, even if it's the worst class that no one wants to play with - I'm playing it. Fuck the Mythic boss kills, fuck my guildies and friends, I'm a Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

EDIT: Scratch that on glaives, apparently they confirmed recently that DHs will also have the option of using 1h swords.
    MOre info on the site too

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/demon-hunter

The fact that they actually went with it and added a DH class is enough reason already. The whole expansion reeks of fanservice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    The fact that they actually went with it and added a DH class is enough reason already. The whole expansion reeks of fanservice.
    Thats a bad thing?

Interesting class changes for my class (warrior)

The blindfold is part of their model like the Death Knight eye glow. You can wear a helmet over it will always be underneath it. Some of the chest armor they showed on the DH presentation vid weren't really showing the tattoos so I think there's only going to be some that do it while the rest works the same way as they do now. They can wear other weapon types but the only wep they will be using in Legion will be Glaives because of their Artifact being...well..glaives. All that being said, they're Demon Hunter - not Rogues or Monks. They're supposed to wear and do those things, it seems to me like Demon Hunters weren't your cup of tea to begin with and you're just picking at things you don't like about them even though those things are iconic to the class and there's no way in hell they would be in WoW without them.

If it feels crap to me, which could be anything.

I generally dislike it when a playstyle doesn't have a fluid rhythm, when there's too many asymmetries, to much clunkiness, excess buttons, conflicting procs, when mechanics don't tie into each other in an elegant way, when there's too much crap to keep track of ... it could really be one thing, or anything, than makes it feel twichy, clumsy or annoying to me, and then it's just not fun pushing the buttons and killing monsters. I can never tell before I try it out. There are some specs that I'd love to play because of the fantasy, but I hate the actual mechanics of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    And that's a bad thing, how? We need some fan service, and we need it badly.

I plan on tanking in the expansion and would really enjoy tanking on a new class. It just boils down to how their active mitigation comes in to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm sticking with my main. I have no intention of swapping out. I don't have a DK, either.

I hope it is a fun, involved class with useful abilities and all, but I'll admire it from a safe distance, not the driver's seat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    I plan on tanking in the expansion and would really enjoy tanking on a new class. It just boils down to how their active mitigation comes in to play.
    This. /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Bad integration of mechanics / no fun playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether the free form abilities are going to work. Having played Monk I already have some experience with trying to fire shit and have it not register. Spinning Fire Blossom being the worst since you had to aim it at the person's previous location instead of leading it. Leg Sweep is also a pain to hit at times because of latency and small hitboxes.

Clunky gameplay would also put me off. For example if there are a lot of abilities that require me to stand still it kind of ruins the flow. Besides that I'll just have to play the class before I know whether I'll enjoy it or not.