Chicken form confirmed high Rez update

"Sounds like there’s been a misunderstanding somewhere here. Our current plan is that Moonkin Form will indeed receive a high-res model update in Legion."

As per Lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Seems i was right to doubt the odd wording on that one.

No revamp(which i didn't want anyway), "just" a high-res model.

So it'll look pretty much exactly the same just have a better texture. Cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    So it'll look pretty much exactly the same just have a better texture. Cool with that.
    I imagine they'll up the poly count as well, not just new textures.

I'm assuming what Crafticus was trying to say at Dragoncon is Boomkins won't get the multiple forms ferals get. Which makes sense because you can see weapons in chicken form and can't in feral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    "High Res" update is a re-mesh, re-texturing, putting new texture on that fugly mesh would be quite useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthensis View Post
    "High Res" update is a re-mesh, re-texturing, putting new texture on that fugly mesh would be quite useless.
    Putting a high res texture on the low poly model might actually end up looking worse, rather defeating the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm assuming what Crafticus was trying to say at Dragoncon is Boomkins won't get the multiple forms ferals get. Which makes sense because you can see weapons in chicken form and can't in feral.
    Awww I would have loved Flame Chicken...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Awww I would have loved Flame Chicken...
    Well luckily we can see different forms for the Druids, while you are a Troll/Tauren Druid for Horde and a Night Elf/Worgen Druid for the Ally side.

Hopefully I do hope they can customize the animations a bit more so they don't use the same ones as Ogres...
    So kinda like different animations for different races etc...
    For the Horde!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it people get what they wanted, and are still jumping the gun again whinging on how the new Laser Chicken model will look without actually seeing it first hand..

First people whinge about not getting an update to the laser chicken model, now that they are they still whinge..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I knew it people get what they wanted, and are still jumping the gun again whinging on how the new Laser Chicken model will look without actually seeing it first hand..

First people whinge about not getting an update to the laser chicken model, now that they are they still whinge..
    Different people have different tastes, woah blow my fucking mind some more. I am happy to hear it is an updated model, I am looking forward to see what they will do and if it will be different than the ogre animations in some ways.

Why is this confirmed?

He just said, they plan to do something. Witch pretty much means nothing with Blizzard nowadays.

blue posted that they were planning a high rez update for Legion. it's on the blues tracker on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well luckily we can see different forms for the Druids, while you are a Troll/Tauren Druid for Horde and a Night Elf/Worgen Druid for the Ally side.

Hopefully I do hope they can customize the animations a bit more so they don't use the same ones as Ogres...
    So kinda like different animations for different races etc...
    Hey, you keep your grubby mitts off my sexy dance moves!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingelf View Post
    Why is this confirmed?

He just said, they plan to do something. Witch pretty much means nothing with Blizzard nowadays.
    pretty much this...they claim they work on legion since MoP or something? They should have more than just some ideas, besides they didnt promise anything so far. Just a retexture for 10 year old model (and nothing else, no small customization bears&cats received in wotlk) is really laughable. Every other class/spec gets updated gear every single expansion more than once via new gear plus they have optional transmog (dont forget updated warlock pets, seriously...).

I am very disappointed and i dont get this "be happy with whatever shit you get" attitude. Not even gender specific form? Jesus...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be glad whatever they do, been waiting too long for it.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Cool, now only if they made Boomkin fun to play...