Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dragoncon 2015 Recap, September 4 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, Rexxar Spotlight, Final Boss

Death's Breath Farming Builds for WD and DH, Bounty Speed Farming Crusader, Rank #1 DH

Nozdormu Jousting Bug has been Hotfixed, Hearthstone Loot Crate Goodies

Eternal Conflict Ending on Sep 8th, Hero League Changes, Sylvanas Hotfix Deployed, Epic Plays of the Week #44

Dragoncon 2015
    TheCrafticus was at Dragoncon and talked about Legion! MMO-Central and Elvine were also there and live tweeted the whole thing.

Classes
    • Demon Hunters are starting at Level 98 right now.
    • Death Knights will continue to start at Level 55.
    • Demon Hunters will have a short transform, with inner demon visuals.
    • Only Demon Hunters will be able to use glaives.
    • Double jump won't be disabled anywhere.
    • Survival Hunters will get a Harpoon ability that allows them to throw a spear to pull mobs towards them.
    • Most specs are getting overhauled, tweaking them to fit the fantasy of the spec. Some will be renamed.
    • Some specs will use a renamed resource, such as Insanity for Shadow Priest.
    • The sewer class hall for Rogues looks great, not really like a sewer at all. It will have treasure chests.
    • The Moonkin model will be updated.
    • No new major glyphs will be added.
    • No Gnome hunters yet, maybe when it makes sense to add them.

Professions
    • There will be a "single system" to upgrade profession items. The current item will be destroyed, giving you a reagent needed for the upgrade (Obliterium).
    • A new team will be working on professions this time, including profession quest lines.
    • Professions will get some crafting items from dungeon loot.
    • Professions won't have daily cooldowns.
    • Prospecting could make a return.

Transmog / Items / Stats
    • If the new transmog system is account wide, the item must be usable by the class trying to use it.
    • No tabard tab is currently planned, but the new transmog system should help to clear up some space.
    • Multistrike is being removed and other secondary stats will have changes as well.
    • Players can still only equip three profession crafted items.
    • There won't be specific item art for each race and class, as Artifact weapon art is the priority.

Misc
    • Dungeons will absolutely be relevant again.
    • Illidan is ready to lead Demon Hunters against the Burning Legion.
    • The Park in Stormwind won't be repaired yet.
    • There are plans for Jaina.
    • The backpack might be updated.
    • Warlords was not a filler expansion and built some things that will be used going forward.

Patch 6.2.2 Hotfixes - September 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids and Dungeons
    Timewalking
    • Gundrak
      • Fixed an issue where the loot tables for Gal'darah and Eck the Ferocious got swapped while Timewalking.

PvP
    General
    • Fixed an issue where players were not transforming correctly into the opposite faction in Mercenary Mode.
    • Players with the Mercenary Contract effect should now be able to use faction mounts while in an Arena Skirmish, Rated Arena match, or Rated Battleground.
    • Fixed an issue where Rated Battleground faction auras were incorrectly applied while in the Arena.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where some characters were unable to complete bonus objectives.

Legion - Moonkin Model Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Sounds like there’s been a misunderstanding somewhere here. Our current plan is that Moonkin Form will indeed receive a high-res model update in Legion.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    What's your favorite thing about PVP? What first attracted you to it? What keeps you playing it? (holinka)

Heroes of the Storm - Rexxar Spotlight
    Blizzard shared a Rexxar spotlight video today!

Final Boss #94 - Avoidance Tanks
    Final Boss talked to some avoidance tanks last week!

multistrike gone? RIP the sub dream

Deleted
    There's still no Horde recruiter NPC in EU servers, even with high queue times. When's that fix coming?

"There won't be specific item art for each race and class, as Artifact weapon art is the priority."

That was my question. Literally, I asked that in the panel

Deleted
    No tabard tab is currently planned, but the new transmog system should help to clear up some space.
    It's not about the bagspace! It's about being able to use tabards on other toons as well.

Deleted
    No news on Worgen and Goblin models to be updated to current standard?

The sewer class hall for Rogues looks great, not really like a sewer at all. It will have treasure chests.
    Someone really needs to tell blizzard the old saying about polishing a turd, no wait it's a sewer so polishing a bunch of turds.
    No Gnome hunters yet, maybe when it makes sense to add them.
    So what, they expect us to wait for the gnome expansion? yep, Gnome hunters, coming 2968. Because it made sooo much sense adding in Tauren pallies during Cata, what with an expansion all about holy cows taking over Azeroth /s
    Any time an expansion launches, it 'makes sense' to add in new race/class combos (so long as the lore fits OR new lore is added for it, like the Sunwalkers). In the case of gnome hunters, they already exist so no new lore is even bloody needed...
    There won't be specific item art for each race and class, as Artifact weapon art is the priority.
    Wow... so we only get 1 weapon for the entire expansion and that's too much work for them to make a decent variety of armour? I'll admit some of the artifact weapons look great but... Not sure what I really expected at this point, Blizzard don't seem to give any shits. (see next point)
    The Park in Stormwind won't be repaired yet.
    lol... it's just pathetic at this point.

With multistrike gone I hope elemental still get to keep it in the form of elemental overload could add it back to there mastery?

Warlords was not a filler expansion and built some things that will be used going forward.
    Caughing fits

Otherwise some interesting information

Multistrike gone? Then please remove Versatility as well. Thanks.

I can't imagine putting in a tabard tab to be so taxing that it's a "no go" feature.

And you'd think that a focus on Order Halls would bring with it class-specific armor designs.

Only Demon Hunters will be able to use glaives.
    I'm assuming they are not referring to the old, BT glaives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Those are swords

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Weren't those considered a sword? If so, I doubt they are changing their status.

What a shame. Why can't the demon hunter just stay in his demonic form and still use glaives like Illidan?

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords was not a filler expansion and built some things that will be used going forward.
    So, Warlords is considered standard expansion? As in, we should expect more of the same?

Deleted
    why remove multistrike and not versatility?

also
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]The Park in Stormwind won't be repaired yet.

I thought the point was to differentiate the different classes and then they go and give Survival Hunters Death Grip?

The tabard tab makes me sad. It would be so easy to make it like the toy tab and convert the 1 or 2 tabards that cause issues to be converted to shirts but still show outside the armor. Instead we have to vendor them all (for people like me that had well over 30) or just not collect them after we get the achievement. Also, the Warglaives are one handed swords which is why human rogues and warriors would go nuts for them in BC. I hope the idea with demon hunters starting at 98 is to have them hit 100 in the starting zone then come straight to the new zone. I would like to see a catch up system where they can double back and get the garrison just for professions if that system still exist where you can use the buildings to get easy points. I would really like to see some early information about professions since that always seems to be the last thing to get released.

As others pointed out, I'm wondering why they remove multistrike instead of versatility.

Multistrike at least has a clear, tangible effect while versatility is just a +better stat.