Poll: Abondon your home?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Would you abandon your country if it was at war?

So with all the Syria/refugee talk on this forum I'm curious how many here would be like the refugees and flee their home or stay and fight for it. Me personally if war broke out in the US I would stay and fight for my home. I can understand some people here have families and would argue that where ever they are is home but lets not get into that. Maybe I just see this from a single males perspective but if some one/country/radical group came here and started shit I would be in the thick of it to keep what I call home.

Thoughts agree or disagree I'd like to see how others out there think when it comes to their homeland.

Let me also be clear I'm in no way "America FUCK YEA!!" but I damn sure dont like the idea of being forced out of my home or land and would use all my beautiful legal American guns to say fuck you to who ever tried.

What you don't get is that the war in Syria is completely different than having one country invade another.

Syria is fragmented between half a dozen insane factions of varying levels of lunacy. It spiraled to the point where the Assad dictatorship is the sanest actor in the region.

Many many people are fleeing areas either taken over by ISIS or some other nutjob faction.

Another issue is the simple lack of basic resources, foodstuff, etc caused by the breakdown of all infrastructure.

I'm the first guy to pack my stuff and leave when Germany is attacked

Although I don't know where I could go, seeing as Germany would only be attacked in case of a world war.

I have no desire to die before I'm 80, especially not for a country.

Deleted

Going to war is not the only way a warrior can act, as long as the end purpose is achieved, the warrior succeeded.

A country is just a piece of land, it's not worth dying over if those you love can be saved some other way. Who else do you fight for? Politicians? FUCK POLITICIANS.
    Last edited by mmoc48b2c1d7d9; 2015-09-05 at 02:38 PM.

Yes, fuck russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    So with all the Syria/refugee talk on this forum I'm curious how many here would be like the refugees and flee their home or stay and fight for it. Me personally if war broke out in the US I would stay and fight for my home. I can understand some people here have families and would argue that where ever they are is home but lets not get into that. Maybe I just see this from a single males perspective but if some one/country/radical group came here and started shit I would be in the thick of it to keep what I call home.

Thoughts agree or disagree I'd like to see how others out there think when it comes to their homeland.

Let me also be clear I'm in no way "America FUCK YEA!!" but I damn sure dont like the idea of being forced out of my home or land and would use all my beautiful legal American guns to say fuck you to who ever tried.
    If i were in your position of having led a nutritious, comfortable, educated life and being surrounded by others of the same breed, stay and fight.

If i were in the position as some of the fleeing refugees who have led malnutritioned lives, not greatly educated and whose life possessions consisted of a few sheets for clothes thrown over their backs, probably flee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I'm the first guy to pack my stuff and leave when Germany is attacked

Although I don't know where I could go, seeing as Germany would only be attacked in case of a world war.

I have no desire to die before I'm 80, especially not for a country.
    You Traitor.

Stay at home....... someone's gotta take care of the left behind women while the soldiers are in the fields.

That was literally the reason the commission told me when they out-mustered me for military service.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Stay at home....... someone's gotta take care of the left behind women while the soldiers are in the fields.
    Sounds good to me, what's bad about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You Traitor.

That was literally the reason the commission told me when they out-mustered me for military service.
    I'd rather fight for Croatia honestly.

Although, it's probably more likely shouldn't count on me, too.

I dodged the mustering altogether. Had a Croatian citizenship just until the year Germany canceled compulsory service; and Croatia never had it.

No really, wars are mainly waged by a few very selected people, who for whatever reason have too much command over military power. I also believe that if no soldier would pick up a weapon, there would be no wars. But when docile politics can't come to an agreement, war is used as an extended tool to force your will onto the opposition. I wish to take no part in this.

As for purely defensive fights... we have the NATO and other military institutions for a reason. There is none for me personally to pick up a weapon and fight while we have a grid of military personnel and other allies like the US fighting for me. That's what they're for and I respect them for it.

If foreign tropps set foot here I would if they got close to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comedian View Post
    Sounds good to me, what's bad about that?
    What's bad about it?
    I can tell you..

When I went to the medical checks for mandatory service, I failed it. I've had a medical condition in those days.
    So, at the end after a half day long of test procedures, you got into that big room, that looked like a court room of some sort.
    One large table, behind it sitting 7 guys. All of em old, in their 60s and 70s even.
    You sit on a chair, some 10 ft away from em..
    Then you're presented with the test results.
    And the guy starts with:

"I am sorry, but I have to tell you, that according to the tests you are not fit for military service!"

He makes that sad face, and speaks with a regretting tone...

And there you sit. Trying to keep yourself composed.
    Because inside of you rages a war of joy and excitement. You'd like to scream "YAY!!!!"
    And you'd like to break down laughing when he mentions the comfort line about the women..
    But you can't... You have to play along, being really sad that they don't want you.
    That's the bad part. lol

well... I already served so no.

If you are not willing to protect what you treasure you will lose it at every turn.

Can't say that I would; especially considering Northern Ireland only stopped being 'at war' in 1998. We're no strangers to it, though naturally it's not something we actively seek out in any case; most of us, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I'd rather fight for Croatia honestly.

Although, it's probably more likely shouldn't count on me, too.

I dodged the mustering altogether. Had a Croatian citizenship just until the year Germany canceled compulsory service; and Croatia never had it.

No really, wars are mainly waged by a few very selected people, who for whatever reason have too much command over military power. I also believe that if no soldier would pick up a weapon, there would be no wars. But when docile politics can't come to an agreement, war is used as an extended tool to force your will onto the opposition. I wish to take no part in this.

As for purely defensive fights... we have the NATO and other military institutions for a reason. There is none for me personally to pick up a weapon and fight while we have a grid of military personnel and other allies like the US fighting for me. That's what they're for and I respect them for it.
    I would never judge you for not wanting to fight. Don't worry

Germany going to war.....
    the world is fucked where could you go?

Deleted
    If I have a realistic chance of getting somewhere else, and being able to stay there - yes, probably.
    I am not particularily interested in getting involved in a war/fighting.

That said, I treasure my family, so of course I would ask them to come with me.

No, given i am from a country with a lack of strategic depth every single person counts to prevent a genocide of colossal proportions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not in general, I am not a coward, but it would depend on what the war was about, if it was something I felt deeply about and was in conflict with the country I was living in, NO, I would leave, otherwise even if it was just a disagreement, or dislike for where I was politically, I would still fight and die as long as the principles and life I believed in were still on the table.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

maybe I'd walk to india

My country is at a civil war and I'm leaving, so, uhm, yes.