Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb What class to play..

Hey guys.

Im coming back to WoW and PvP after a break, and I have a problem choosing a class for PvP atm.
    I got a DK,Warrior,Mage,Warlock and a Druid.

Have no idea what to play. The same goes for specc.
    Going to do some 2s and 3s, and prob. some RBGs.

Please help a fellow PvPer out!

Greetings from Norway

Deleted
    Play what you enjoy.

I hate druids. OP in very single spec (yes, i'm a 1500 scrub).

So if u wanna troll me and all the other 1500 scrubs: druid.

Boomkin? Lolburst & heal
    Feral? Lolburst that doesn't ever end & heal
    Healer? heal->travelform->heal rinse, repeat

Yes, I pvp as a warrior

Except death knight which may give you some trouble to find partners, all your classes are arena-ready

Arms warrior can play WLS/Turbo
    Frost mage can play godcomp/RMx
    Affliction Warlock can play WLS/LSD3, well like it's been for 6+ years now with any DPS as xLS
    Feral druid can play FMP, jungle or kitty

Warlock is the best bet, as it's been for the 16 previous seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury warrior, I found the rotation easy flowing and pretty fun swinging giant weapons about.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the 5 classes you listed are pretty strong at the moment.

- DK works fine in 2s with another ridiculous burst class like feral, you can even beat healer teams with ease.
    - Warrior is strong in all 3 specs so it comes down to your personal preference. Still works great with any healer if he constantly dispells you.
    - Mage and Lock are as strong as always (team combos, read above)
    - Druid as already mentioned extremly strong in every spec. Feral should be even a bit easier then owlbeast at the moment and healer is, on par with pala, the strongest at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    - Warrior is strong in all 3 specs so it comes down to your personal preference. Still works great with any healer if he constantly dispells you.
    Is Prot viable for arena play? not a troll, I'm really interested.

Frost Mage, its the best as always. Ferals are fun though

Deleted
    It's impossible answer this kind of questions, because are personal choices..

Just play all a bit
    Last edited by mmoc54843516f6; 2015-09-11 at 11:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shaman all the way.

Nobody in the WORLD can argue that fact.

Elemental Shaman and be the only one in your entire time zone to do so!

Deleted
    wanna arena ? World pvp ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Play what you enjoy.
    This. I never understood this kind of question. It's like going to a restaurant and asking a random stranger what you should eat.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    This. I never understood this kind of question. It's like going to a restaurant and asking a random stranger what you should eat.
    Yet people do ask this all the time in restaurant from example from waitress

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    It's good to know what people recommend and obviously if you are that kind of guy that can play "everything" it's good to ask which is currently strong, so you can play FoTM, because.. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Is Prot viable for arena play? not a troll, I'm really interested.
    No, prot has been quite deleted from arenas since they removed the offensive dispel on shield slam, and that's great because tank specs are just awful to play against, and glad isn't a damage spec it's a damage stance within a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    No, prot has been quite deleted from arenas since they removed the offensive dispel on shield slam, and that's great because tank specs are just awful to play against, and glad isn't a damage spec it's a damage stance within a tank spec.
    Not talking about glad stance PvP. Actual Prot tank spec works but is very niche and not in high demand nor useful in RBGs. Most of the time it's in 2v2 with Prot/boomkin being the most viable for the warrior since the druid can start stealthed, offheal the warrior and provide magic burst while the other team has to open on the tank since he's the only target they can see. Druid comes out of stealth to cyclone something and warrior provides the CC from slows and interrupts. Prot damage is mostly rot from deep wounds on thunderclap & devastate, while being a horrible target to try to kill first, but if focus is on the druid the prot is free to CC, rot and interrupt.

If you want a spot in RBGs DK and lock always have a spot. Warriors will have a harder time getting in and druids will be wanted as a healer or rogue substitute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forestfool View Post
    Yet people do ask this all the time in restaurant from example from waitress
    Except the example I gave was asking a random person at the restaurant, not the waiter who works there.

You'd have to be a lot more specific with that kind of question or you may end up dying from a peanut allergy if you just go with whatever some stranger tells you...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It's good to know what people recommend and obviously if you are that kind of guy that can play "everything" it's good to ask which is currently strong, so you can play FoTM, because.. Why not?
    Typically, if you have to ask what the FoTM is.. you're going to end up playing it badly and getting upset for while anyways.

atleast looking at the teams in the regionals 3s this season is all about rmd, pally god comp, lsd3 and turbo. so yea play those classes i guess.